[ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post Post subject: Re: Nancy Drew PC Games
Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:43 pm 
I guess I'll stick around
The best is yet to come.

Cash: 52.07
Bank: 500.00
I didn't know anything about them firing the majority of their staff until I started wondering where the heck the new game was last fall. :P I also assumed that Lani Minella had left on fairly amicable terms, but apparently when HER Interactive let Lani go, she was asked to do Midnight in Salem with the understanding that it would be her last game, and she refused.

I do think the fans are going a little crazy, though. I know it's disappointing not to get a game for two years when you're used to two every year, but alas, we are by no means entitled to them. If the company wants to alienate their entire fanbase by refusing to update them on the game, then I guess that's their prerogative, although it is frustrating and disappointing. :( I just have to wonder what's going to happen if they do eventually release MID. I don't really believe all the angry people who keep saying, "Even if it is released, I won't play it! :x " ...yeah, you probably will. ;) But if they don't like it, they might not stick around for the next game, given what HER has put the fans through.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Nancy Drew PC Games
Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:06 pm 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Cash: 774.72
Bank: 53,459.96
Wow I didn't realize it was so long without a new game now! It would seem something is definitely going on there, but I would hope it's not as dire a situation as you make it out.

Back when that app thing launched I did raise an eyebrow, but I didn't consider it may lead to significant corporate issues, I just thought it was another questionable attempt to branch out. Like that short lived Dossier experiment. Those bombed so hard they actually scrapped the next one that was actively in development right?

Anyway, in my own journey with the games I've finally been able to slowly make some progress in catching up. I finished The Shattered Medallion, and I have purchased Labyrinth of Lies, but haven't been able to start it yet.

Offline Profile  

[ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5