Nancy Drew PC Games

It's Up To You As Nancy Drew

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
LadyMaxwell
Fourscore and seven

Nancy Drew PC Games

Post by LadyMaxwell »

Possibly my most favorite PC games are the Nancy Drew series from the Herinteractive company. I enjoy them because they are highly educational. In the series you role play as Nancy Drew and try to solve the mystery that is set before you. Sometimes it's set in the United States and at other times they are set in different countries. You try to solve tons of puzzles, errands, word-games, etc to get to the end of the game where you have to defeat the culprit. They are all rated E (for everyone) and are great for girls and guys alike! These are the best and cleanest detective games I have ever played. they have also re-made one game to play on your DVD player, one for your Wii, and a few for your Nintendo DS.

The list of games are:
1. Secrets Can Kill
2. Stay Tuned for Danger
3. Message in a Haunted Mansion
4. Treasure in the Royal Tower
5. The Final Scene
6. The Secret of the Scarlet Hand
7. Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
8. The Haunted Carousal
9. Danger on Deception Island
10. Secret of Shadow Ranch
11. Curse of Blackmoor Manor
12. Secret of the Old Clock
13. Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon (Hardy Boys make an appearance in this game)
14. Danger by Design
15. Creature of Kapu Cave
16. White Wolf of Icicle Creek
17. Legend of the Crystal Skull (takes place in New Orleans. :D)
18. Phantom of Venice
19. The Haunting of Castle Malloy
20. Ransom of the Seven Ships
21. Warning at Waverly Academy

And soon to be released is #22

These are very family friendly games and I especially love the ones that deal with history as the theme. If you love languages, I would suggest playing Phantom of Venice where you can wet your language buds on the Italian and German language, and Danger by Design takes place in Paris, France (you learn french, of course. ::p)

The historical settings of the games are super amazing. Such as:
The Scarlet Hand delves into the history of Mayans
Treasure in the Royal Tower is on the history of Maria Antoinette
The Secret of the old Clock takes place in the 1930's during the Depression Era in America
Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake is set in the house of a 1920's gangster with a speakeasy hidden underneath his house
Deception Island talks about men who got Shanghaied into working on ships back in the 1800's
Shadow Ranch is all about the forbidden love of a sheriff's daughter and an outlaw in the wild west of the 1880's

Some of the games do have content that families might not approve of such as:
Secrets Can Kill: VERY mild drug content and the use of a gun. This was their first game so it's cool to see where HER has come from
The Haunted Mansion (I have never played): there is a seance in it
Blackmoor Manor as well as Waverly Academy: there is a cult-ish kind of ritual (I threw the game away after I saw this)
Blue Moon Canyon: there is a ghost hunter who talks about his findings, but is later deemed a quack by the end of the game
Secret of the old Clock: a character claims to be able to read minds and use levitation, but Nancy discovers the truth behind these things in the middle of the game
Legend of the Crystal Skull: you have to read a book on Hoodoo and go into the dwelling place of a Mardi Gras Krew (which stems from secret societies)
Haunting of Castle Malloy: it takes place in superstitious Ireland so expect things on the Celts, Banshee's The Good People (fairies, etc), and you also have to study a book of astrology and the Celtic Calendar to advance.

These games are superb with two levels: junior detective and senior detective. In both levels you can call your friends (Ned, Hardy Brothers, Bess and George, home, etc) but only in JR can you ask for hints and tips (in Castle Malloy you have to pay for it :shock: ) You can prepare--if you don't use a cheat sheet--to play the games for days and even months (once it took me 3 whole months to finish a game).

The characters in the games are also well rounded, converse in good dialogue with you, and sometimes the guys have little crushes on Nancy (which adds a special cuteness to the games). The scenery and settings can sometimes be magnificent (with real pictures of real places ex. Venice) and if you make a fatal error, there is a second chance button so you don't have to start over from the beginning. It's well worth $20.

These are a lot of fun and I would recommend them for anyone who wants to play them. For game demos, trailers, synopsis, mini games from the games, and information you can visit the herinteractive website or Nancy drew mania or the Nancy Drew Mansion.

Hope you enjoy if you play them!

A girl,
Rose

P.S. Let me know if you've ever played them or would like to play them, etc. :)
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Oh my goodness, I adore Nancy Drew games! I have:

4. Treasure in the Royal Tower
9. Danger on Deception Island
10. Secret of Shadow Ranch
12. Secret of the Old Clock
13. Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon (Hardy Boys make an appearance in this game)
14. Danger by Design
16. White Wolf of Icicle Creek (Which I never finished due to the annoying fox and geese game...)
18. Phantom of Venice
21. Warning at Waverly Academy
Light's Cameras Curses
Resorting to Danger.

I am currently working The Phantom of Venice, and Warnings At Waverly Academy. They are practically the only computer games that I actually play!

And I would like to point out that even though the title will probably scare most boys away, they are certainly not only girl games. On the contrary, many many teenage boys and even dads play these games and enjoy them. Nancy is not your typical girly girl who obsesses over this guy and that and what outfit to wear. (That's Bess's department! :) ). She is all about solving the case!
mdetective12
I'm memorable

Post by mdetective12 »

I am a HUGE fan of Nancy Drew computer games! I am now playing the Wii, White Wolf of Icicle Creek. I am playing it with my older sister, Katie. (I think most of ND games are scary for just one person and I think two people or more is safer to play!). I don't really have a favorite game but I really like Warnings at Waverly Academy.
~AC~
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I have zero opinion on the games and know nothing about them. ;)

However, I do think its cool that the Hardy Boys are like their buddies or whatever. Kind of a cool cross-promotion thing.
LadyMaxwell
Fourscore and seven

Post by LadyMaxwell »

Trixie Belden, you certainly are a fan! It's always fun to meet new ND lovers. I used to be at the HI message board as TOBYMACfan. I LLOOVVEEDD writing a/e's back in '05 but when they changed the rules it just got really funky and my creativity was so limited I couldn't come up with a convincing plot... :confused: That was annoying.

Shadow Ranch and Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake was my absolute favorite ones until Phantom of Venice came out. That was a rad game....my favorite thus far.

musicluver412, would you recommend the Wii version? I have a guy friend I want to buy it for but I'm not sure if it's as good as the PC version.

The Top Crusader, I agree! The HB's were in the games twice so far (they need to come back again) and I was so excited in Deception Island when I was able to call them. I love when they bring characters over from other things. It's awesome.

~Rose
aiofan_19
Found

Post by aiofan_19 »

I absolutely LOVE the Nancy Drew PC games!!! I own & have completed:

- Message in a Haunted Mansion
- Treasure in a Royal Tower
- Secret of a Scarlet Hand
- Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
- The Secret of Shadow Ranch
- Curse of Blackmoore Manor
- Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
- Danger by Design
- The Creature of Kapu Cave
- White Wolf of Icicle Creek
- Legend of the Crystal Skull
- The Phantom of Venice
- The Haunting of Castle Malloy
- Ransome of the Seven Ships
- Warnings at Waverly Academy

I can't wait for #22 to come out!
Wild Horses Can't Keep Me Away from the Town of Odyssey!
LadyMaxwell
Fourscore and seven

Post by LadyMaxwell »

Wow, aiofan_19--out of all fot hose, which was your favorite??
MAINE
I've been here a bit

Post by MAINE »

I have the White Wolf of Icicle Creek (which I finished) and Legend of the Crystal Skull (wich I haven't started yet). I love ND games.

Remember the Alamo!!!!
Remember 9/11

Join Campbell County Message Board - http://ccmb.forum-motion.com/forum.htm
aiofan_19
Found

Post by aiofan_19 »

LadyMaxwell wrote:Wow, aiofan_19--out of all fot hose, which was your favorite??
I could never just pick one to be my favorite. But I really enjoyed Warnings at Waverly Academy & White Wolf of Icicle Creek the most.

The scariest one was Curse of Blackmoore Manor. After completing it, I had one of my friends over and we played it together. She likes getting scared and held in suspense (just like me)!

The very first one I played was Treasure in a Royal Tower. I definitely recommend it if you’ve never played one of the games before; or if you are just looking for a nice mystery; and nothing that will make you jump out of your skin!
Last edited by aiofan_19 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Is it weird for guys to play these games? ;) Since some of the first games I ever played were the old Lucasarts puzzle/adventure games, I was intrigued by the Nancy Drew games. The first one I played was Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake and I actually really liked it, followed by The Haunted Carousel, which I also liked. After a while, however, the later games seemed to consist mainly of assorted mini-games to add length to the game instead of real adventure/puzzle-solving gameplay. Example: Secret of the Old Clock had you drive around in your car delivering letters for money, which was needed at various points in the game. I didn't find it particularly fun, and started to get uninterested in the games after that.

My sister still plays them often, and it looks like it's more of the same. Too many mini-games and not enough actual game. It can appreciate that they're pretty family-friendly and good for younger-ish kids, though.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
aiofan_19
Found

Post by aiofan_19 »

I don’t find it weird at all if guys play. I kind of agree with you about some of the mini-games. Most of them are really fun, but some get boring after awhile.
ShadowSa1nt
SS Random
SS Random

Post by ShadowSa1nt »

My cousin played a bunch of these a while ago.
I never played them.
Hardy boys are much better!
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

How do you know Hardy Boys are better if you've never played Nancy Drew? You have nothing to compare with.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Well, in my case I've never played any of the games. But I've read the books to both Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys. Personally I liked the Hardy Boy books better.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
LadyMaxwell
Fourscore and seven

Post by LadyMaxwell »

I didn't like the newer Nancy Drew books with Ned in them. I am strictly against their relationship!!

Pseudonym, I know guys who are like 18 and 19 and have said they enjoyed playing the Nancy Drew games when they were younger. They really are cool for both genders.

Wow, you guys I didn't realize they had to so many Nancy Drew lovers out there, it's awesome to see it! And Hardy Boy lovers. They are awesome too and I like it when they interact with Nancy. It's pretty awesome.

So how many of you guys can't wait for the newest one that's coming out?

~Rose
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

I think that it sounds pretty cool! While looking online, it seems that a lot of people don't like the concept, but I think it sounds fun. It sounds like a very educational game, having to do with the weather and all.
LadyMaxwell
Fourscore and seven

Post by LadyMaxwell »

Yes, you are right; some people I know have been complaining, but I think they made a good choice this time. I think it will have a new twist to it that none of the other ones had before. :) I'm thoroughly excited. I hope it comes out before fall semester when things get super busy!!! I so want to play it this year.

~Rose
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I love those mystery games! \:D/ Unfortunately, I don't play them very often. My friend Melissa, though, is awesome at them, so I like to watch her play her Nancy Drew and Agatha Christie games. :yes: It's like watching a live walkthrough.
Dekkie
Lurker

Post by Dekkie »

Ahhh! I absolutely love the ND games! I used to be obsessed with them a few years ago, and I still love playing them, I just don't have lots of time to play them anymore :cry: . Anyways... the ones I've played are...

Secrets Can Kill (beat!
I remember our computer froze up right when the school was about to explode because we did something wrong. My friend and I were squealing for, like, five minutes before we realized that it wasn't going to blow up
:lol: )
Stay Tuned for Danger (played with a friend some at her house, but I didn't get to beat it with her)
Message in the Haunted Mansion (got for Christmas and then played until I got to the séance :noway: . Got to exchange it for the Scarlet Hand, though!)
Treasure in the Royal Tower (Beat! "Brrr... it's like the North Pole out here!" my friend and I would make her try to go outside just to hear her say this! :lol: "Sweet as the smell of fried chicken." Classic ND line as well!)
The Final Scene (Beat! First ND game I ever played. Good times, good times)
The Secret of the Scarlet Hand (beat! however, ](*,) = my feelings about this game. I have promised never to replay it. However "Want a cookie?" and "Semper ubi sub ubi" are classic ND lines :D BTW, my friend heard from a youth speaker what semper ubi sub ubi means! "Always wear underwear!" :lol: )
Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake (beat!
was totally creeped out when the ghost dogs attacked the cabin!

The Haunted Carousal (beat!)
Danger on Deception Island (beat! anyone else make Nancy sick from a rotten/gross sandwich? :D )
Secret of Shadow Ranch (beat! DIE magnet game! DIIIIIEEEEE!)
Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon (beat!)
Danger By Design (beat!
anyone else think the kung-fu/karate/whatever it was ending was a little... odd? haha
Creature of Kapu Cave (beat! totally lame and disappointing ending :shame: )
White Wolf of Icicle Creek (beat!)
Legend of the Crystal Skull (played an online trial for a while, but was kinda turned off by all the voodoo stuff and never had the desire to buy it to beat it.)
Phantom of Venice (beat!)
The Haunting of Castle Malloy (sorta-kinda working on it… I’ll finish it eventually)
Ransom of the Seven Ships (working on this one as well)
Warnings at Waverly Academy (my most recent ND victory!)

And a few other random ND ramblings:
In case you couldn’t tell, I love playing these games with one of my friends. Those memories are definitely some of my favorites I have with her! Also, the new “good news, bad news” second chance things get quite annoying. I’d much rather them do
like they did in the Scarlet Hand where they showed a newspaper from 100 or so years later when they found you as a skeleton!
And, the new tornado one coming out looks very awesome! It looks like it’ll be really scary/freaky, which is always amazing! A confession: I’m not sure if I’ve ever beat a single ND without having to have some form of outside hint! :oops:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Pseudonym wrote:Is it weird for guys to play these games?
What kind of question is that? I play them all the time. :noway:
Let's not forget that Nancy's creator was a man.