Nancy Drew PC Games

It's Up To You As Nancy Drew

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I'm a guy and I LOVE all the ND games! Some might look at me strange in Wal*Mart when I pick up the latest game but I don't care. These games are fantastic! The graphics, storyline, and acting are superb.

I happen to have all the ND games (I used to have Secret of Shadow Ranch but it got cracked so I had to throw it away) and the Dossier series!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I think it’s natural for people to assume Nancy Drew is for girls, though I don’t know why. The games are totally appropriate for either gender, and even the books aren’t exclusive.

Good for you, anyone that took action if some of the more “questionable” elements of the games made you uncomfortable (such as the séance) it’s good to stand behind your principles. But in this particular case, you probably didn’t have to worry.
I have never found anything inappropriate in these games.

In Message in a Haunted Mansion, the séance is proven to be fake very soon after it is shown. (tape recorder, projector, etc.)

In Curse of Blackmoor Manor, the ritual wasn’t actually for a cult it was a family initiation. It probably wouldn’t make sense unless you finished the game, but the simple version is every other descendant was admitted into a sort of family within the family who was given the duty to protect a treasure that had been hidden by them for generations.
I can understand being a little weirded out, I was at first, but really it wasn’t meant to be occult or evil. The chant was a clue to finding the treasure’s hiding place. As was the actual ritual itself. (I don’t want to say how, but you’d see later in the game.)

And you’re absolutely right about the history. I think that’s what makes the games great, there’s real learning in them.
The ones that immediately come to mind are Danger by Design, learning about the French Revolution and the Cross of Lorraine, and Secret of the Scarlet Hand, learning about Mayan culture.
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

For education, don't forget all of the information about whales and the whale museum in Danger on Deception Island, the French Revolution in Treasure in the Royal Tower, and all of the info about the old west in Secret of Shadow Ranch and Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon. I'm learning about the French Revolution in school, and I think I'll dig this game out again, even though I've beaten it 5 or 6 times.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Oh, absolutely. There are great infromative displays in many of the games. I just mentioned the two that were most inundated with history. :)
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

I love the Nancy Drew books and am sure I will love the Nancy Drew games. Does anyone have a recommendation on which is the best.....I might like to get some of them.
Love You, Lee! :hug:
We'll love you forever, SnC. Thanks for showing us how to be so Strong in Christ. :hug:
I love you... Anne, Sapphire, IDANCE, Joanne, Mimi, Laura, and especially dear Lee. :hug:
And, my wonderful guy friends are: AE, Regis, ric, Marvin, Whitty Whit, and thegreenringc!

"I May do silly things, but I do them with enthusiasm!"
"A Day without Laughter is a day wasted."
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -Abe Lincoln

Check out the free, fun, and fantastic shop: Express Yourself By Alyssa!

You know me..always ready for a chat! ;) Send me a PM soon, whether I just met you, know you well, haven't talked to you in a while, or haven't met you at all!
aiofan_19
Found

Post by aiofan_19 »

Ooh I do! "White Wolf of Icicle Creek" is a good one & you can get it in different formats (PC, Wii) I would suggest PC, but that's just my personal opinion.

Also, "The Secret of Shadow Ranch" that one is an older one but it is based on one of the ND books. I actually had already read the book before I knew about the ND games so I kind of knew part of the mystery, but it was still a lot of fun!

"Treasure in a Royal Tower" was the 1st one I played and it is still one of my favorites. It's not scary at all but just a lot of fun.

And as my last suggestion, I recommend "Curse of Blackmoore Manor" this one, I think is the scariest one! I got creeped out & jumped out of my skin so many times! If you like that kind of thing this would be a good one!

I think you can still view the trailers on each of the games online at http://www.herinteractive.com ! The trailers will give you an idea of what the game is about.
Wild Horses Can't Keep Me Away from the Town of Odyssey!
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

Thanks!
We'll love you forever, SnC. Thanks for showing us how to be so Strong in Christ. :hug:
I love you... Anne, Sapphire, IDANCE, Joanne, Mimi, Laura, and especially dear Lee. :hug:
And, my wonderful guy friends are: AE, Regis, ric, Marvin, Whitty Whit, and thegreenringc!

"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -Abe Lincoln

You know me..always ready for a chat! ;) Send me a PM soon, whether I just met you, know you well, haven't talked to you in a while, or haven't met you at all!
Violinist4Christ
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by Violinist4Christ »

Nancy Drew's awesome. :) I have several of the games, but my favorite has to be Danger on Deception Island. I love the whole ocean theme and the Irish music.

Online cousins with Connie K.! :)
mdetective12
I'm memorable

Post by mdetective12 »

Wow. I would never thought guys can be Nancy Drew...
~AC~
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

Joyful_Always wrote:Wow. I would never thought guys can be Nancy Drew...
What do you mean?

mdetective12
I'm memorable

Post by mdetective12 »

Connie K. wrote:
Joyful_Always wrote:Wow. I would never thought guys can be Nancy Drew...
What do you mean?
I saw past posts by a guy and he said he loved to play Nancy Drew!
Last edited by mdetective12 on Sun May 16, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~AC~
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

OH, that is kinda a weird.

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It isn't that weird. They just like the game. I used to read Hardy Boys books, and I know lots of other girls who did too, because Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys stuff is geared more towards different genders, but not to an extreme degree. I'm not that familiar with the Nancy Drew games, other than from what I've heard from other people, but I get the impression that they appeal to a broader audience. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's a stereotypical girl game where Nancy sits around and paints her nails and goes shopping for the perfect purple and pink pony. ;) Guys like family-friendly mystery games too, it seems. :D
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Oh, thanks for letting me know, Catspaw. *throws out her nail polish and ponies* ;)

I've enjoyed playing several of these games including:
8. The Haunted Carousal
9. Danger on Deception Island
10. Secret of Shadow Ranch
11. Curse of Blackmoor Manor
12. Secret of the Old Clock
13. Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
19. The Haunting of Castle Malloy (actually haven't finished this one as it got off to a slow start)
20. Ransom of the Seven Ships

The Sherlock Holmes games are fun too, for those looking for more games to play. ;)
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

Where can you buy these games?

Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I've seen them in Target and you can buy off Amazon. If you want to buy 4 of them, I'd suggest this one which is a pretty good deal. :)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Chandler wrote:Oh, thanks for letting me know, Catspaw. *throws out her nail polish and ponies* ;)
Ooo, if you did have the perfect pink and purple pony, give it to me instead of just throwing it away! :inlove:

;)

I'm not much for computer games, but if I was interested, a Nancy Drew game probably would be fun! They should make Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys combo games! \:D/ I used to love Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys Supermysteries.
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

Can you get them at the library?

mdetective12
I'm memorable

Post by mdetective12 »

Catspaw wrote:
Chandler wrote:Oh, thanks for letting me know, Catspaw. *throws out her nail polish and ponies* ;)
Ooo, if you did have the perfect pink and purple pony, give it to me instead of just throwing it away! :inlove:

;)

I'm not much for computer games, but if I was interested, a Nancy Drew game probably would be fun! They should make Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys combo games! \:D/ I used to love Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys Supermysteries.

Did you know the Hardy boys were in two Nancy Drew computer games?
~AC~
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Joyful_Always wrote:
Catspaw wrote:

;)

Did you know the Hardy boys were in two Nancy Drew computer games?
No, I didn't know that! :shock: Which two games? That's cool.