Nancy Drew PC Games

It's Up To You As Nancy Drew

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
mdetective12
I'm memorable

Post by mdetective12 »

Catspaw wrote:
Joyful_Always wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Chandler wrote:Oh, thanks for letting me know, Catspaw. *throws out her nail polish and ponies* ;)
Ooo, if you did have the perfect pink and purple pony, give it to me instead of just throwing it away! :inlove:

;)

I'm not much for computer games, but if I was interested, a Nancy Drew game probably would be fun! They should make Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys combo games! \:D/ I used to love Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys Supermysteries.

Did you know the Hardy boys were in two Nancy Drew computer games?
No, I didn't know that! :shock: Which two games? That's cool.
One is Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon and I don't know how to spell the other one. It's about in Hawaii and I think its...Kupu Cave or something.
~AC~
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Catspaw wrote:It isn't that weird. They just like the game. I used to read Hardy Boys books, and I know lots of other girls who did too, because Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys stuff is geared more towards different genders, but not to an extreme degree. I'm not that familiar with the Nancy Drew games, other than from what I've heard from other people, but I get the impression that they appeal to a broader audience. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's a stereotypical girl game where Nancy sits around and paints her nails and goes shopping for the perfect purple and pink pony. ;) Guys like family-friendly mystery games too, it seems. :D
I loved both Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys! They were my favorite mystery books when I was growing up (some of the very first "chapter books" that I ever read) and before I discovered the awesomeness of Sherlock Holmes. ;)
Another kind of cool thing is that my mother was also really into Nancy Drew books as a girl and saved all her books from the 1940's. They were a plain blue hardbound book with a silhouette of Nancy holding magnifying glass on the front. The funny thing is that they were all in pretty rough shape (ring marks and such) from lending them to her friends years ago.

My favorite one was the Mystery at Redgate(?) Farm but our puppy completely destroyed it over a decade ago. The rest of the books were destroyed in the house fire a few years back, which was a shame. :(
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

I'm sorry you had a fire!
Love You, Lee! :hug:
We'll love you forever, SnC. Thanks for showing us how to be so Strong in Christ. :hug:
I love you... Anne, Sapphire, IDANCE, Joanne, Mimi, Laura, and especially dear Lee. :hug:
And, my wonderful guy friends are: AE, Regis, ric, Marvin, Whitty Whit, and thegreenringc!

"I May do silly things, but I do them with enthusiasm!"
"A Day without Laughter is a day wasted."
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -Abe Lincoln

Check out the free, fun, and fantastic shop: Express Yourself By Alyssa!

You know me..always ready for a chat! ;) Send me a PM soon, whether I just met you, know you well, haven't talked to you in a while, or haven't met you at all!
aiofan_19
Found

Post by aiofan_19 »

So how many of you have now played the newest ND game #22: Trail of the Twister. What did you think about it?
Wild Horses Can't Keep Me Away from the Town of Odyssey!
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

I haven't......what's it like?
Love You, Lee! :hug:
We'll love you forever, SnC. Thanks for showing us how to be so Strong in Christ. :hug:
I love you... Anne, Sapphire, IDANCE, Joanne, Mimi, Laura, and especially dear Lee. :hug:
And, my wonderful guy friends are: AE, Regis, ric, Marvin, Whitty Whit, and thegreenringc!

"I May do silly things, but I do them with enthusiasm!"
"A Day without Laughter is a day wasted."
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -Abe Lincoln

Check out the free, fun, and fantastic shop: Express Yourself By Alyssa!

You know me..always ready for a chat! ;) Send me a PM soon, whether I just met you, know you well, haven't talked to you in a while, or haven't met you at all!
aiofan_19
Found

Post by aiofan_19 »

It was pretty cool! I was kind of disappointed with the ending though. It almost seems as if you "accidentally" find out who the culprit is. Which isn't any fun! But I still really enjoyed playing it and plan to replay it over and over in the future!
Wild Horses Can't Keep Me Away from the Town of Odyssey!
mdetective12
I'm memorable

Post by mdetective12 »

*thread merged*

Its been awhile since I have posted on here and I know there's another thread like this but the last post was dated 2010 and I don't know if it's okay to bump up the old topic so I decided to make a new thread on here. :)

So...Has anyone played Nancy Drew PC Games by HeR Interactive? I'm a member on their official message boards, following them on Twitter and I'm a fan of them on Facebook! If you have played Nancy Drew game, what's your favorite? Mine is the Captive Curse! Oh and one more thing, there's a new game (#26!) that's coming out on May 8th! \:D/
~AC~
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I play them! :)

They are all so different and have their own good parts that my favorite is literally all of them. It’s whichever one I’ve played most recently.
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I own all except the creepy ones. I played Blackmoor Manor and decided not to even TRY any of the ones that seem creepy at all. Though I may have to play the new one since I just went to Egypt last month.

My favorites are still Scarlet Hand, Treasure in the Royal Tower, and Stay Tuned for Danger. I've enjoyed some of the newer ones, but none of them were nearly as challenging as those three early games.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I own and have played all the PC games and the Wii game. I've played them over and over many times. I can't wait for Tomb of the Lost Queen! \:D/
mdetective12
I'm memorable

Post by mdetective12 »

Good to hear that everyone :) I have a question for you all,

Do you have a username in the HeR message boards?
~AC~
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I just joined this month because they now allow free email services. I'm Hardy Bro.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Oh. my. goodness. The Ghost of Thornton Hall is literally the creepiest Nancy Drew game I've played to date. o.o Mind you, I haven't been able to play some of the old ones that are renowned for their creepiness, but this one was spooky. Reeeally spooky.
I think it's destined to become a fan favorite, though. The sets were big and fun to poke around and explore, the characters were, uh, interesting, the plot was good, the music was eerie... And, as a huge step forward for Nancy Drew games in general, you can now choose to skip through the dialogue, instead of suffering through the same old conversations over and over should you ever choose to replay the game.

As an added bonus, I was playing this game in the middle of a windstorm. The flickering lights in my house added quite nicely to my paranoia and jumpiness after an hour or so of gameplay. \:D/

Also, has anyone seen the trailer for the newest game? It looks like it could potentially be really good. I'm just hoping that Her Interactive isn't gearing up for a grand finale with the 30th game. I'd really hate to see the games come to an end. :(
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I am about to finish The Deadly Device, so I haven’t done the ghost one just yet. I did hear it’s pretty creepy though. Which makes me hesitate to get to it. :anxious:
I’ll definitely play it eventually, because I’ve played them all, but I really don’t like scary stuff.
cellogirl
Gold Member

Post by cellogirl »

I looooooove Nancy Drew games!!! I have played all of them and I am a fan on facebook, follow them on youtube, and I am soooo excited about The Silent Spy coming out!!!!! I played through Ghost of Thornton Hall in one day and it was AMAZING :D :D :D its cool that there are some fellow ND PC games fans on the ToO :D

"Oh no. No no no no no no no no no... this is bad, this is very bad, this is really, really bad! They just can't get my nose right!"
"I know not who you are, nor how I came to find you, but may I just say.... Hi..."
"You should know that this is the strangest thing I've ever done!"
"Frying pans! Who knew, right?"
-Flynn Rider

check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/thepianogals?feature=mhee
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I used to play those all the time. I'm not sure if they make them for Mac though, and I don't have a PC anymore. I love them! Yes, I'm too old for them, but I loved the books as a kid and the games are both fun and difficult enough to hold my attention. \:D/
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Petrichor wrote:Oh. my. goodness. The Ghost of Thornton Hall is literally the creepiest Nancy Drew game I've played to date. o.o Mind you, I haven't been able to play some of the old ones that are renowned for their creepiness, but this one was spooky. Reeeally spooky.
I think it's destined to become a fan favorite, though. The sets were big and fun to poke around and explore, the characters were, uh, interesting, the plot was good, the music was eerie... And, as a huge step forward for Nancy Drew games in general, you can now choose to skip through the dialogue, instead of suffering through the same old conversations over and over should you ever choose to replay the game.

As an added bonus, I was playing this game in the middle of a windstorm. The flickering lights in my house added quite nicely to my paranoia and jumpiness after an hour or so of gameplay. \:D/

Also, has anyone seen the trailer for the newest game? It looks like it could potentially be really good. I'm just hoping that Her Interactive isn't gearing up for a grand finale with the 30th game. I'd really hate to see the games come to an end. :(
Was it worse than Blackmoore Manor? Because I think that was the creepiest one (I haven't played Thornton Hall yet...).
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Kait wrote:I used to play those all the time. I'm not sure if they make them for Mac though, and I don't have a PC anymore. I love them! Yes, I'm too old for them, but I loved the books as a kid and the games are both fun and difficult enough to hold my attention. \:D/
They totally make them for Mac! You should try 'em out again. \:D/ And there's no such thing as too old for Nancy Drew. You have run out of excuses. :noway:
~JCGJ~ wrote:Was it worse than Blackmoore Manor? Because I think that was the creepiest one (I haven't played Thornton Hall yet...).
Eh, I would be inclined to say that it's a little bit more creepy than Blackmoor. I honestly think Thornton Hall is a better game, but I could be biased. Blackmoor Manor is one of my least favorite games due to certain cheesy and unlikeable characters. :p
cellogirl
Gold Member

Post by cellogirl »

Ghost of Thornton Hall is very creepy, but amazing :) I would highly recommend it :) And I agree, the Silent Spy trailer thing looks like it will be a good game!

"Oh no. No no no no no no no no no... this is bad, this is very bad, this is really, really bad! They just can't get my nose right!"
"I know not who you are, nor how I came to find you, but may I just say.... Hi..."
"You should know that this is the strangest thing I've ever done!"
"Frying pans! Who knew, right?"
-Flynn Rider

check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/thepianogals?feature=mhee
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I just finished The Ghost of Thorton Hall, so I can join this discussion now.

On this game:
I thought it was good, but I wasn’t overly impressed. It probably is the scariest ever, as they claimed, but not by much. It was very similar to Message in a Haunted Mansion in that most of the scares were just incidents around the set designed to weird you out as you went around. Creepy, sure, but not necessarily scary. The rest of the elements that were intended to scare you felt forced, which ruined their effectiveness. It was like they were trying too hard. A dark family history full of death, that’s good, but they went a bit over the top with it for me. And having an insane character is just a horror cliché, so instead of being scary I actually found her to be amusing. So I don’t know. Good game, but not as big a deal as I was expecting.

On the next game:
Apparently I’m alone on this, but to me The Silent Spy looks horrible! I am actually dreading this game. How dare they bring Nancy’s mom into this? They have no right to do that! I was upset enough when they decided to do a game in River Heights and add their own characters and history to the town, but this is completely over the line! If her mom is still alive, or for that matter even if she’s no longer alive but was for a time beyond the accident, that changes Nancy’s whole story! Seriously, this is a huge deal. This better just be a ruse to get Nancy to play along with whatever is going on.