Portal

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Portal

Post by Knight Fisher »

Seeing as we hijacked the Hall of Fame thread. I thought I would start discussion here. Rules NO SPOILERS! :x And that's about it. Enjoy!
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Portal, as in the game? I want to play it so badly. :- I'm already obsessed with GLaDOS, Wheatley, and the Weighted Companion Cube.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I know several people who play it, and I just watched part of a walk-through of the game, so now I want to play it a little...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I constantly get "Still Alive" from the credits track stuck in my head, no thanks to Amy. :( And I only know one of the lines.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

The only thing I know about Portal is from this clip that swatcaptin showed me once. Frankly, it kinda creeped me out.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Termite wrote:I constantly get "Still Alive" from the credits track stuck in my head, no thanks to Amy. :( And I only know one of the lines.
You think that's annoying? Try memorizing all the words only to discover you're unable to sing the "still alive" part on-key. Then have a similar dilemma with the sequel song.
EMBEE wrote:The only thing I know about Portal is from this clip that swatcaptin showed me once. Frankly, it kinda creeped me out.
The first time I heard GLaDOS's speaking voice, in a Wikipedia audio clip, I totally freaked. \:D/ But it's the homicidal, darkly comedic AIs that make Portal so interesting.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The Cake is a Lie! And I want Portal 2. But it is $30. :(
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

$50 here for the PC version. :( And I don't have a computer strong enough to run the graphics.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Knight Fisher wrote:The Cake is a Lie!
No it isn’t! We’ve gone over that.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

bookworm wrote:
"ThErE rEalLy WaS a CaKe."
Officer David Harley
Classic

Post by Officer David Harley »

The only thing I know about Portal 2 are the space, adventure and fact spheres and they just make me laugh.

Officer David Harley
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

bookworm wrote:
Ehem. *breaks no spoiler rule* At the end of level 18 Glados says she will give you cake. It's a lie! :shock:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Knight Fisher wrote:At the end of level 18 Glados says she will give you cake. It's a lie! :shock:
We’re talking about the first game right? If so, GLaDOS promises cake multiple times, not just in 18. And she gives it to you. It’s on the wall right before the fire.
If you mean it’s a lie because that isn’t real cake, then yes what she said was a lie, but the cake itself isn’t a lie, because it’s after the credits. And like I said, you can get to it if you know how.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

The cake is not a lie. A lie is "an intentionally false statement." Therefore, a cake cannot be a lie, because a cake is not a statement. A cake is a highly delectable food item, normally topped with frosting and sprinkles, and served at birthdays and weddings.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That’s what I said, I just didn’t want to get overly into semantics. ;)
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Well it wouldn't be much fun to say "the cake is a half-truth," now would it? :noway:
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

No, but it would be fun to say "the cake is a highly delectable food item, normally topped with frosting and sprinkles, and served at birthdays and weddings!"
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Amethystic wrote:Well it wouldn't be much fun to say "the cake is a half-truth," now would it? :noway:
No it wouldn’t. But it also wouldn’t be accurate. As ric and I have explained, the actual cake itself cannot be a lie or truth, or half truth for that matter. The cake is an object. You would have to say ‘The promise of cake was a half truth’.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

bookworm wrote:
Amethystic wrote:Well it wouldn't be much fun to say "the cake is a half-truth," now would it? :noway:
No it wouldn’t. But it also wouldn’t be accurate. As ric and I have explained, the actual cake itself cannot be a lie or truth, or half truth for that matter. The cake is an object. You would have to say ‘The promise of cake was a half truth’.
...Still not as fun. :noway:
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

OK to win your undying gratitude. And your donations to either ToO team. And your donations to my campaign if you are on Campbell County. (Please oh please oh please.) http://ccmb.forum-motion.com/ Have a FREE COPY OF PORTAL!!!!! That's right. Until the 20th of September you can get Portal for free on Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/400/ Thank you Thank you.