Portal

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Smaug the Dragon wrote:Like, please, someone create a faction dedicated to Portal so I can take my hyped-up fan-girling in there.
:highfive: I know how you feel. Portal 2 was one of the awesomest things to ever happen to me.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Wheatley. Just. Wheatley. <3
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

:inlove: / :mecry:
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

It still saddens me to listen to Your Precious Moon. And I'M NOT A MORON. Oh Wheatley, why? Why? :(

(kindofnotreally \/)
Also, I wonder whether Valve had expected so many of the fans to ship Chelley (Cheatley?) . That was quite a surprise for me when indulging in a little deviantART fanart... When I spotted it at first, I was all:

"Woah, what? What? Weird."

*few pictures later*

"Huh. People really like this pairing"

*twenty-odd pictures later*

"hah, for a robot/human pairing, it is rather cute."

*hours later*

"I SHIP THIS. I SHIP A SMALL METAL SPHERE AND A MUTE LUNATIC."

*skips off to read fanfiction*

I guess I'm just suffering from Portal 2 withdrawals. I've let myself get sucked into this bizarre ship. :noway: Unbelievable.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Interestingly, I think that Portal is the one of the few series where I don't do any intense shipping. :-k Part of it is that most of the characters are, you know, robots, but all of the characters are just so distinct and unique that they don't really need to be combined with anyone else to have a satisfying presence. (Not that a character is weak just because they're romantically entangled with another character, I just find it refreshing to be given a cast of characters where I don't feel the incessant urge to ship them.)
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

And I would have agreed with you. But then deviantART and fanfiction.net changed my mind. :anxious:

I'm in two minds. On one hand, I would just love to see these characters again. Plus, the portal puzzles never get old. On the other hand, bringing them back for round three would almost guarantee to disappoint. :( How could they possibly trump this?

The curse of being too awesome. The bar is set impossibly high for future games.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Well, GLaDOS is the dealer in a poker computer game, and the Perpetual Testing Initiative means there are literally an endless number of test chambers available, so there's still some ways to get your crack. \:D/
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Yeah yeah, I know I'm kind of a loser to keep posting here, but this is just to cool not to share! Someone has made an orchestrated medley of some of the music from Portal 2. I get chills listening to it...

Also, has anyone heard of the fanfiction Blue Sky? It's a really well written story that takes place after the game, definitely worth a read if you have any interest in that sort of thing. It's definitely one of the best pieces of fanfiction that I've ever read. Though, beware, it's full of Chelley, so if you do read it be prepared to be as hopelessly converted to this ship as I was.

If anyone does/has read it, PM me so I can unleash my pent up emotional wreckage on you. ;)
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

A Portal topic! Well, I played through Portal 1 and a small part of Portal 2 before it stopped working on my computer.

"This was a triumph..."