Dance Dance Revolution!

Any fans?

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Well, it's not Light (see step chart).

Standard has a number of eighth notes (step chart), but I can't find the sixteen jumps in succession.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I wasn't serious about it being sixteen #-o I just meant it feels like you do about a zillion and a half in a row.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Indeed. :anxious:

It's such a joy when one figures out how to master the 5+ eighth notes in a row. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Yeah, I went to training mode and slowed the songs down to 3 to figure out the eighth notes.

I think that in general, people who play a musical instrument or have a good ear for rhythm do better at DDR. That's not to say that you won't get better with practice and perseverence, but just from my experience:

My dad played saxophone in school, and it's from him that I get my incessant humming, finger-drumming, and having a song stuck in my head. He can master the rhythms of the song with very little effort.

My cousin plays trumpet and constantly has music running through his brain, and he's very good at DDR.

My friend from church is 1st chair in her public school flute section, has been playing flute since she was in Elementary school, and is probably the best DDR player I know.

The rest of my family doesn't play music or get songs stuck in their head (to the best of my knowledge), and they're not wonderful at DDR, despite the amount of practice they put in. With the exception of my step-mom, who played clarinet for one year in high school.

I may be wrong, but it just seems like rhythm and good dancing are interconnected. I know it is for me.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I would tend to agree with you, Rachael.

Both my sister and I are musically inclined individuals, having played piano for several years now. It did not take long for us to get the whole coordination thing down. \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

No wonder I'm so bad. :(
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Hmmm.... According to that, I would be pretty good. I should try it sometime.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Note to self - don't even try it.

I've never tried DDR, though it sounds like fun, but I'm sure that I would be really bad at it. I have no musical talent, no innate sense of rhythm, and have never danced. :(

If I could try it where nobody could see me, then I would, because nobody could see how stupid I would look, but I have no intention of ever trying in public. :noway:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Remind me to invite you to my house sometime so I can lock you up in our basement office with only an Xbox, TV, and dancepad. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Remind me to invite you to my house sometime so I can lock you up in our basement \:D/
*is very worried* :anxious:

That would be cool! Next time I'm in the neighbourhood, I'll make sure that I stop by. ;)
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Never tried it. Maybe one day.
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

All this talk makes me want to pull out my dancepads and try MAX 300 on Heavy! \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Trent DeWhite wrote:Remind me to invite you to my house sometime so I can lock you up in our basement office with only an Xbox, TV, and dancepad. \:D/
That's what my basements like!! :shock:

*checks to see if Trent has lived here all along*
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Remind me to invite you to my house sometime so I can lock you up in our basement office with only an Xbox, TV, and dancepad. \:D/
That's what my basements like!! :shock:

*checks to see if Trent has lived here all along*
*Top finds Trent in the basement dancing.*
"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH," :thud:
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Actually, I prefer to do my dancing in the family room where our main TV sits. The one in the basement is too small. :(
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I prefer not to do my dancing in front of my family... so in the basement I go! ;)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Me wrote:I may as well announce that Digital Praise is coming out with a verision that uses Christian songs. Looks pretty cool.
Sounds cool too.

Personally, I perfer Pump It Up to DDR.

-Jonathan
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Ah another DDR topic, recently I went to the local arcade and billiards store and lo and behold there was a DDR machine for 2000 bucks now I have enough to buy it and I probably will buy it but we need a bigger house first so I guess I just stick to the arcade and the console versions, earlier in the year I went to a tourney hosted by DDR freak and I got 3rd I usually spend my time at home trying to make triple A as many times in a row as I can on light before dieing \:D/ so far ive gotten to 7 before I passed out well not exactly passed out but you know....was exhausted... and only made like an A. But anyway I will not buy the digital praise DDR because im going to get a DDR machine for 2 thousand bucks! w00t!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

*walks into this thread, although she has never played Dance Dance Revolution, and knows virtually nothing about it*

Just wanted you guys to know that every time I see you post about "DDR", I think of Deutsche Demokratische Republik (German Democratic Republic), which was East Germany. I always go "What?!? ... Oh, yeah..."

*walks back out after giving that random bit of information*
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Whoa, EK, how did you get 2000 bucks?!?