Age vs RoN

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.

Which is better?

50%
RoN
50%

Total votes: 2

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Age vs RoN

Post by Knight Fisher »

This faction is long dead but hey. \:D/ Which is better Age of Empires 2 The Conquers or Rise of Nations? After beating a toughest bot yesterday in RoN it's a tough choice for me. Age has so many memories. So many victories. So many defeats. (And we could get the girls to play. :P ) But RoN has a different effect. And those Enlightenment age Infinite resources battle are awesome. So which one?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I don't know. AoC just has some EPIC battles. I mean truly epic. RoN has a lot of features and units you can attack with. I really like both, but haven't played in a long time. Maybe we could play online! \:D/
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

I like the later periods available in RoN, I agree the Enlightenment Age battles are super fun. But like you say AoE has so many memories.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I love playing the Americans in RoN just so I can get their marines. Continental marines are awesome. I was always so terrible at the first Age of Empires. :( There was never any gold on that map whatsover. And did any of you play the AoE trial? The ONLY gold was in the enemy camp and you had to attack them early enough so they wouldn't take all of it.
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

We should setup a ToO game. I call Byzantines for Age. \:D/ What is the highest bot you have beaten on either?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

If I play with my family then I would play Age. But if I am just playing by myself then I would say RoN. It really all depends who your playing with.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I got AoEII really cheap a few years ago and played for like an hour, and ended up just having race cars driving around shooting things, and then I never played it again. :(

I dunno, I used to love that type of game--both ones like AoE and more actiony ones like the Command & Conquer series. I've been away from them so long I just can't get into it anymore. I used to hate FPS and third person shooters but I've mainly been playing Call of Duty and Mass Effect 2 lately, (with some NES games thrown in, of course).
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

On AoC? me against 2 on hardest. \:D/

On RoN? 4 on easy. :( IT"S SO STINKIN' HARD ON MODERATE.
#FOREVERKITTY
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Whitty Whit wrote:On AoC? me against 2 on hardest. \:D/
I got beat bad by a hard bot this afternoon.
Whitty Whit wrote:On RoN? 4 on easy. :( IT"S SO STINKIN' HARD ON MODERATE.
2 toughest in Barbarians at the Gate. 1 Toughest in a all out infinite battle. And I can beat tough bots in a normal game.