Dance Dance Revolution

Calling all DDR players!

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Joni_Slade wrote:Heh, nope. Although, you can use the keyboard. It's much easier that way :) Some of the songs you can download seem like they'd be physically impossible to complete on a mat--though if they are possible, I'd love to see it done. The only way I can imagine is if maybe there were two people, each manning two arrows.
Indeed, in fact, my friend first introduced me to DDR with an online keyboard version of it. It was . . . interesting. I didn't actually get into DDR until earlier this year. :headscratch:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

FFR is awesomeness....flash flash revolution
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/
its keyboard operated
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Eugene Kendall wrote:FFR is awesomeness....flash flash revolution
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/
its keyboard operated
Thanks, EK! \:D/ Do they offer any Christians songs or remixes?
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

They might just keep searching
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I haven't been able to find any DDR sites that offer Christian music. :mecry:
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I tried it once and looked like a fool. I thought I was doing really well and then someone told me I was looking at the wrong screen. Frankly though, I think the people who are really good at that game look the weirdest. It doesn't really look like dancing to me. :rofl2: :pysche: :rofl2:
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

What exactly is this game about?
...I hate marquees.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Are you stalking my posts good sir?

The game is a "dancing game" with a floor panel of four arrows. A screen shows you the arrows in time to music and you have to stomp on the correct one to get points.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

No I'm not stalking your posts :noway:
...I hate marquees.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

LovedbyGod wrote:I tried it once and looked like a fool. I thought I was doing really well and then someone told me I was looking at the wrong screen. Frankly though, I think the people who are really good at that game look the weirdest. It doesn't really look like dancing to me. :rofl2: :pysche: :rofl2:
I've found myself looking at the wrong screen on occasion. :lol:

It certainly looks like dancing you get to the more extreme levels. Insane. :shock:

It's really all about rhythm, J-man.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I've played DDR a few times at a friend's house on the beginner and light modes...it's all right for the most part, except some of the songs on my friend's edition (forget which one) are immoral.

Sunday mentioned DDR for Christian music-- I reiterate that would be awesome. However, stepping into producers'/game creators' shoes, there's not much of a market for that.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

I played DDR for the first time two weeks ago at an arcade in Universal Studios in Orlando, and immediately fell in love. I've since played at a friend's house and at an arcade in my home town, and can't get enough of it! The game is so fun, and also far more profitable than most video games, as you get a nice work out doing it. I can barely play on light, though I can manage beginner fairly well. Impressive I know. ;)

One thing I don't like though is that the only Xbox version of DDR that I've seen - DDR Ultramix 2 only has songs that I don't know, and most of those I don't like that much. I find the arcade version much more fun because it has songs I know - We are the Champions, We Will Rock You - and songs I enjoy dancing to - 1998, DDR Ultimate mix (or something like that). I've heard about DDR Ultramix (1). Are there any familiar songs on that version? I am tempted to buy a dance mat and DDR, but won't if the Xbox version songs aren't fun to dance to. (I don't own a PS2.) Can you unlock or download (prefferably for free) any sweet pop songs for Ultramix 2? Are there good songs in Ultramix 1?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

David O wrote:I played DDR for the first time two weeks ago at an arcade in Universal Studios in Orlando, and immediately fell in love. I've since played at a friend's house and at an arcade in my home town, and can't get enough of it! The game is so fun, and also far more profitable than most video games, as you get a nice work out doing it. I can barely play on light, though I can manage beginner fairly well. Impressive I know. ;)
Beginner is awesome. Although I must say light is much more fun. ;) Interestingly enough, I didn't get hooked onto DDR from the arcade places, but from someone's home. They had an older version of DDR for their PS2 and a couple pads. I tried it and failed miserably. But after Christmas, I was wondering what to do with my Future Shop (equivalent of and owned by Best Buy) gift cards. Guess what I purchased? :-
David O wrote:One thing I don't like though is that the only Xbox version of DDR that I've seen - DDR Ultramix 2 only has songs that I don't know, and most of those I don't like that much.
There are currently DDR games for the XBOX. DDR Ultramix 3 is expected to be released in November.

DDR Ultramix
- IGN Review
- Gamespot Review

DDR Ultramix 2
- IGN Review
- Gamespot Review

Here's what Ultramix 3 is expected to offer:

- New, exclusive game modes only on Xbox, including 'Freestyle Mode', 'Quest Mode', 'Jukebox Mode'
- Freestyle Mode allows players to dance just the way they want to any song in the game, while rewarding the completion of different combinations
- Quest Mode lets players travel "virtually" from city to city and build the ultimate dance team by completing challenging songs and routines along the way
- Jukebox Mode turns your Xbox into a music machine. Enjoy more than 65 tracks from the game
- Amazing song library with over 65 songs, including dance remixes exclusive for the Xbox
- Head-to-head online play, upload content, download new songs, via Xbox Live
- Compatible with all previous downloadable song packs on Xbox Live from DDR ULTRAMIX and DDR ULTRAMIX 2 - 60 downloadable songs in total
- Get in shape with the 'Workout Mode' and customize your own dance steps in the 'Edit Mode'
David O wrote:I find the arcade version much more fun because it has songs I know - We are the Champions, We Will Rock You - and songs I enjoy dancing to - 1998, DDR Ultimate mix (or something like that).
I really should get out one day and check out those arcades. Now that I've developed my DDR skills at home on my Xbox, I should go out and see what the arcade version has to offer.
David O wrote:I've heard about DDR Ultramix (1). Are there any familiar songs on that version? I am tempted to buy a dance mat and DDR, but won't if the Xbox version songs aren't fun to dance to. (I don't own a PS2.)
- DDR Ultramix songlist
- DDR Ultramix 2 songlist

I own Ultramix 2 and enjoy a number of the songs. :)
David O wrote:Can you unlock or download (prefferably for free) any sweet pop songs for Ultramix 2?
Yes, you can. However, song packs (five songs) are $5.00 US each plus tax.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Thank you for that very extensive, very helpful response Trent! That answers many questions, and generally made my night. I'm sending you a little something in appreciation...
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

David O wrote:Thank you for that very extensive, very helpful response Trent! That answers many questions, and generally made my night. I'm sending you a little something in appreciation...
You're very welcome and I'm glad it helped answer your questions.

I'm really looking forward to DDR3... although I should probably master the songs on Standard for DDR2 first. :anxious: