Dance Dance Revolution

Calling all DDR players!

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Rachael wrote:I usually end up with Cher or Duran Duran, just because I'm somewhat familiar with the music. If they're not going to put Christian music on there, I wish they'd at least get a better selection of eighties...
DDR: Ultramix 2 gives me a bunch of songs created by groups of whom I've never heard. :anxious:

I did some DDR today. Ooh, DDR: U2 gives you the option of doing a "light" version of "Standard." :o Huzzah!
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

w00t im going to a DDR tournament hosted by DDRfreak at my mall next saturday (Wish me luck)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Eugene Kendall wrote:w00t im going to a DDR tournament hosted by DDRfreak at my mall next saturday (Wish me luck)
Will they be video capping any of the tournament? :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

might be i hope so
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Eugene Kendall wrote:might be i hope so
You'll have to let me know how the tourney goes... especially if they decide to video cap some of it. :pray:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I played it for the first time last night... it's great! I'm strongly considering getting it for my Xbox...
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The Top Crusader wrote:I played it for the first time last night... it's great! I'm strongly considering getting it for my Xbox...
The game is insane. :noway: I highly suggest purchasing the aforementioned DDR: Ultramix 2.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I think that's the one we were playing... I'm not 100% sure.

They got the game and two pad things for around $40-50. Sounds like a good enough deal to me, since usually a new game is about that much.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The Top Crusader wrote:They got the game and two pad things for around $40-50. Sounds like a good enough deal to me, since usually a new game is about that much.
Game two dance pads for only $40-$50? :shock:

I paid $150+ CAN for the game and two pads. ](*,) Of course, I purchased the game only a couple months after it was released. And DDR2 wasn't available as a bundle for the XBOX. :mecry:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

yes yes yes I got a backbar for my metal pad so i can practice practice practice im memorizing steps now
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Eugene Kendall wrote:yes yes yes I got a backbar for my metal pad so i can practice practice practice im memorizing steps now
I'd purchase a metal pad if I had a few hundred spare dollars to throw around. :doubt:
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Eugene Kendall wrote:yes yes yes I got a backbar for my metal pad so i can practice practice practice im memorizing steps now
I'd purchase a metal pad if I had a few hundred spare dollars to throw around. :doubt:
Don't we all wish for a few hundred dollars to throw around?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Frank wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
So true. :pray:

Do or can you dance, Frank? :)
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

I, too, love DDR! I first played it at an arcade like a year ago and ohhh, it was so so addictive, so then I had to buy it.

Actually, I didn't end up buying it. I took a friend's advice and downloaded StepMania, which is just like DDR only cooler because you can search places like bemanistyle.com for simfiles of songs that you like. People I guess somehow program their own. So playing DDR to Christian songs is possible. (There's some songs I'd love to play DDR to, but I don't have enough confidence in my sense of rhythm to even look into how these people program their own simfiles. I just download them and leave happy comments.)

So, yeah, I basically play DDR on my computer. Which level really depends on the song. Like, from the fourth mix alone I can pass "1,2,3,4,007" on Heavy, but I despair of ever passing "Paranoia Evolution" on any level.

I love my mat. I thought I needed a metal one, but this one is working beautifully.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Frank wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Do I dance? DO I DANCE? No. \:D/ I enjoy watching others DDR their brains out though.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Joni_Slade wrote:So, yeah, I basically play DDR on my computer. Which level really depends on the song. Like, from the fourth mix alone I can pass "1,2,3,4,007" on Heavy, but I despair of ever passing "Paranoia Evolution" on any level.

I love my mat. I thought I needed a metal one, but this one is working beautifully.
Wait, so you play DDR on the computer, but you're able to use the dance pad? :-s
Frank wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Frank wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Do I dance? DO I DANCE? No. \:D/ I enjoy watching others DDR their brains out though.
More like dance their legs out. :anxious:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Frank wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Frank wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
More like dance their legs out. :anxious:
Where she comes from, the people are particularly talented. :-$

I was at an arcade the other day and they had at least 4 of those things set up for people to use. :anxious:
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Wait, so you play DDR on the computer, but you're able to use the dance pad?
Yep. I should have mentioned--you just need an adapter like this one.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Joni_Slade wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Wait, so you play DDR on the computer, but you're able to use the dance pad?
Yep. I should have mentioned--you just need an adapter like this one.
That's awesome. Until you mentioned the dance pad, I thought you were referring to one of those DDR games for the keyboard. :anxious:
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

Trent DeWhite wrote:That's awesome. Until you mentioned the dance pad, I thought you were referring to one of those DDR games for the keyboard.
Heh, nope. Although, you can use the keyboard. It's much easier that way :) Some of the songs you can download seem like they'd be physically impossible to complete on a mat--though if they are possible, I'd love to see it done. The only way I can imagine is if maybe there were two people, each manning two arrows.