Dance Dance Revolution

Calling all DDR players!

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Who plays DDR? Can you tackle Standard difficulty . . . or Heavy? :-s

I currently own DDR: Ultramix 2 for the xbox. It's too much fun, especially once I purchased the second pad. I can play pretty much all the songs on Light mode, though I'm beginning try some songs at Standard. If you guys haven't seen it before, you should check out some of the video footage available online.

DDR Freak
Aaron in Japan

It's insane.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

*dies* I LOVE DDR!

I only have the one for PS1, currently, but we're shopping around for some good prices on the one for PS2. :)

My sister and I like competing with each other, and just for fun, we shove it in each others faces when one of us gets a better score. :P

We've tackled some of the amazingly hard levels on maniac.... of course... that WAS on workout mode... :-k

Sarah
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Sarah wrote:My sister and I like competing with each other, and just for fun, we shove it in each others faces when one of us gets a better score. :P
That's awesome, Sarah. :D

What kind of scores are you getting? And on what mode(s): Light, Standard, and/or Heavy?

I've gotten several AA's on Light mode, but only one or two A's on Standard. #-o
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

My friend loves that game, I've never played it though...
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Sarah wrote:My sister and I like competing with each other, and just for fun, we shove it in each others faces when one of us gets a better score. :P
That's awesome, Sarah. :D

What kind of scores are you getting? And on what mode(s): Light, Standard, and/or Heavy?

I've gotten several AA's on Light mode, but only one or two A's on Standard. #-o
I don't know actually... I don't exactly keep score...

Our game doesn't give anything above A... It's pretty basic. ;)

And they were usually on heavy, I guess, if that's the same as maniac. :P

Sarah
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

DDR is awesome we have full tournaments (gamer-organized) on the one machine at our local arcade its mad i got 3rd place one time
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Eugene Kendall wrote:DDR is awesome we have full tournaments (gamer-organized) on the one machine at our local arcade its mad i got 3rd place one time
Sweet. I'd love to be involved in something like that, but I doubt I'm good enough. At what difficulty level do you generally dance?
Sarah wrote:I don't know actually... I don't exactly keep score...

Our game doesn't give anything above A... It's pretty basic.

Sarah
Hm. Must be a primative version of DDR. ;) Either that or you must not know that it's possible to get AAs and AAAs. :-s Course, you need to get near perfect scores for AAs and 100% perfect for AAAs. Practically impossible to do on a non-metallic dance pad.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Eugene Kendall wrote:DDR is awesome we have full tournaments (gamer-organized) on the one machine at our local arcade its mad i got 3rd place one time
Sweet. I'd love to be involved in something like that, but I doubt I'm good enough. At what difficulty level do you generally dance?
Sarah wrote:I don't know actually... I don't exactly keep score...

Our game doesn't give anything above A... It's pretty basic.

Sarah
Hm. Must be a primative version of DDR. ;) Either that or you must not know that it's possible to get AAs and AAAs. :-s Course, you need to get near perfect scores for AAs and 100% perfect for AAAs. Practically impossible to do on a non-metallic dance pad.
I dance on heavy mostly. I plan on buying my own machine set, but for now I use the console version of DDRextreme or DDRultramix they are probably the best version though for leisure I play some DDRmax2 I generally can get a AAA on light which is easy to accomplish but the real hard task is even getting a AA on heavy ive gotten it twice and I had everything perfect one time on heavy then on the third to last step someone pushed me off the pad.What pad do you guys use on the console versions I just recently got a metal pad I plan on getting a backbar to DDR I can play a wicked game on the backbar I generally can get a good days worth of wins with a quarter stack but hey its your call to challenge me I hope I can play the PC DDR soon online play will be awesome
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

EK wrote:I dance on heavy mostly. I plan on buying my own machine set, but for now I use the console version of DDRextreme or DDRultramix they are probably the best version though for leisure I play some DDRmax2 I generally can get a AAA on light which is easy to accomplish but the real hard task is even getting a AA on heavy ive gotten it twice and I had everything perfect one time on heavy then on the third to last step someone pushed me off the pad.What pad do you guys use on the console versions I just recently got a metal pad I plan on getting a backbar to DDR I can play a wicked game on the backbar I generally can get a good days worth of wins with a quarter stack but hey its your call to challenge me I hope I can play the PC DDR soon online play will be awesome
Might want to drop a few punctuation marks once and a while there, EK. ;)

Ooh, that insane. Heavy? I can barely survive on Standard ](*,) Though, I'm sure not having a metal pad would have something to do with my frustration. Possibly.

I have an Intec Wireless Pad (Xbox only) and a Madcatz Universal Pad. I probably already mentioned this, but I own DDR: Ultramix 2 for the XBOX.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I've seen it at the electronics store... they have one on display and people are always around it. I thought it looked kind of... odd. 8-[
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

I dont care for this game particulary.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Chandler wrote:I've seen it at the electronics store... they have one on display and people are always around it. I thought it looked kind of... odd. 8-[
Indeed, when I saw kids playing it, I had similar thoughts. :-s But it can get somewhat addicting (not quite as addicting as the ToO, of course ;)) if you're into that kind of thing. You really have to have a good sense of rhythm, plus you need to have quick feet.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

One of my siblings really wants to get DDR, but it dose not look like that will happen any time soon. There is a kid at my youth group that is vary good.

~OrigamiKid
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Yeah, the game itself costs $60 CAN, plus you have to consider dance pads, which can cost anywhere from $40 CAN to $300 CAN, depending on whether you choose to get soft pads or metal pads. I find it hard to believe anyone would be willing to shell out hundreds of dollars for a metal pad, though. :-s That's dedication . . . also known as addiction. Get a life. :noway:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

no I wont get a life and BTW I saved up enough to go buy a actual 2player machine were going to buy it on my birthday..the 18th
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I love DDR! I want to put it on my Christmas Wish List this year, but in my Dad's house every jump or footstep is really loud and makes the whole house vibrate.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Rachael wrote:I love DDR! I want to put it on my Christmas Wish List this year, but in my Dad's house every jump or footstep is really loud and makes the whole house vibrate.
Well, it is possible to dance and score well without stomping on each step. ;)
Sunday
Popsicle kid

Post by Sunday »

Wouldn't it be nice if there were chrisitan music for dance revolution?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Sunday wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if there were chrisitan music for dance revolution?
Amen! Although I highly doubt that'd ever happen, we're close to the point where one could mod the game and add Christian music to the playlist. Perhaps it's possibly today. :o Me? Top?
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I usually end up with Cher or Duran Duran, just because I'm somewhat familiar with the music. If they're not going to put Christian music on there, I wish they'd at least get a better selection of eighties...