The Greatest Video game Music!

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

The Greatest Video game Music!

Post by Joy »

Okay, this music is EPIC! It truly is the best video game music! These songs are performed by the Philharmonic orchestra. Please, watch one or two videos, and you'll be hooked.

And:

So amazing! So, if you liked these songs as much as I did, check out this guys channel and see what other amazing video game songs he has to offer!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

No.

#enddiscussion

And if that isn't enough.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Ahem. There are other video's besides that, silly! It's part of a whole musical album done by the Philharmonic orchestra. :noway: And Final Fantasy has like, some of the best video game music!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

My points stand unwavering.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

No. :x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmCCQxVBfyM

..all the other videos in this thread are a disgrace to the thread title. :noway:
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Um... HELLO?!?

WHO DOESN'T LOVE CAKE?!?!?!

They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Well, if we're going to post good video game music, we'd better have the classics.

he/him | a little stinker.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Guys, these are all great songs, but I'm partial to the Greatest Video Game Music track. A whole album of video game songs performed by the Philharmonic!
And Steve, it has the super mario theme too! Along with Legend of Zelda music and various other things. Also, did I mention the guy who has the Greatest Video Game Music track on his channel also has some epic final fantasy on his channel! \:D/
Low and behold, the Super Mario Theme:

Amazingness!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The best video game music has got to be the legend of Zelda ocarina of time soundtrack, it's flawless.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

EK wrote:The best video game music has got to be the legend of Zelda ocarina of time soundtrack, it's flawless.
Oh come on, Final Fantasy is the best video game music!
And have any of you actually listened to the full music track of The Greatest Video game Music? Cause even if you've heard the song before, the Philharmonic orchestra makes it sound...wonderful. Especially with the Super Mario Bros. theme and the Angry Birds theme. I thought the Angry bird theme was kinda annoying until I listened to it done by the Philharmonic.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Final Fantasy....eh...it's overrated to me. As far as music goes at least....the games are just....annoying to me now.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'll try to post some links later, but yeah I'm not really into the Final Fantasy series as far as the games but there are definitely some pretty good musical tracks in 7 and 8, which were the ones I played the most back in the day.

I think the Mega Man series has some of the best music overall, they did amazing things with 8-bit sound technology, and of course the older Mario stuff is pretty iconic. Contra is pretty great, too.

And the already mentioned Zelda. I'm not specifically familiar with Ocarina of Time's music but the traditional Zelda overworld theme is pretty epic.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I can't stand these orchestral versions of classic 8-bit music! 8-bit music has become a large part of my life lately, and I can't stand to hear it changed.
he/him | a little stinker.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Nah some a pretty cool. And they have been a large part of my life since they were first created, and a good cover version doesn't bother me. ;)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

There are some pretty awesome electric guitar 8 bit covers on youtube, those usually end up being the best.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

And then there's La-Mulana which will eventually just drive you crazy. \:D/