Super Smash Bros. series

Anyone play SSB?

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Yeah, that awful FC system. Playing Brawl online felt like I'm playing against bots with horrible lag. I heard they finally strayed away from that on the Wii U. Though I don't know anybody actually owning one though lol
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

gunblader3 wrote:Snake and Sonic felt really out of place in terms of gameplay style.
I thought all the characters worked nicely. And Snake is one of my favorites, I'm pretty effective with him. His Up C is one of the most powerful moves in the game. And I like the lag time it has. People will knock me away, and then the missile comes down on their heads and sends them flying. Sweet vengeance. And Sonic is both one of the simplest and easiest characters to control, and one of the harder ones.
~ Walker in Dreams
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

The Top Crusader wrote:Mortal Kombat characters would be hilarious, but never ever happen. :(

I think Ralph could work as a Donkey Kong clone sort of, but yeah, since he didn't appear on older Nintendo consoles its not likely. Although I assume the new Sega racing game is on Wii U which he is included in.
Sonic and Sega All Start Racing? Yeah it's on Wii U.
gunblader3 wrote:I really just wish they just stick to Nintendo characters imho. Snake and Sonic felt really out of place in terms of gameplay style.

Well anyways I remember playing this game competitively, but the more you play this game the more you find out just how unbalance it is. Hopefully this new SSB game will allow to have patches so it can have balance changes.
I loved Snake but Sonic sucks.

Do you still play it competitively? If you do you should check out this forum: http://www.smashboards.com/ my name on there is PIKA321, also we should trade FCs sometime.

And yes it is very unbalanced, BUT the new one is being made by Namcom Bandi who makes Sould Calibur and Tekken, so I think they'll do a good job with balancing.
The Top Crusader wrote:Hopefully but Nintendo is pretty awful with online things. :(
Yeah the Wii's online sucks for Brawl, but I heard the Wii U's online is amazing.
gunblader3 wrote:Yeah, that awful FC system. Playing Brawl online felt like I'm playing against bots with horrible lag. I heard they finally strayed away from that on the Wii U. Though I don't know anybody actually owning one though lol
The Fc thing does sucks, and the lag can be really annoying.
Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:
gunblader3 wrote:Snake and Sonic felt really out of place in terms of gameplay style.
I thought all the characters worked nicely. And Snake is one of my favorites, I'm pretty effective with him. His Up C is one of the most powerful moves in the game. And I like the lag time it has. People will knock me away, and then the missile comes down on their heads and sends them flying. Sweet vengeance. And Sonic is both one of the simplest and easiest characters to control, and one of the harder ones.
Up C? you mean up smash attack? lol, yeah that move is amazing.
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Eh, I'll have to find my Wii system. Though I haven't played on this game for like 3 years now.

So is the current meta still going "meta-knight S rank tier! OP! Ban from tournies! Or did they find a new character to hate?
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

gunblader3 wrote:Eh, I'll have to find my Wii system. Though I haven't played on this game for like 3 years now.

So is the current meta still going "meta-knight S rank tier! OP! Ban from tournies! Or did they find a new character to hate?
Nope he's still on top and most people (except for the people that use him) hate him, and he's not always banned, he just has more limitations than others, like in most doubles tournies there can't be a team of two MKs. And he only gets 35 ledge grabs and everyone else gets 45, stuff like that.
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

Brawl's a pretty cool game, kinda hard, but I might get brawl or melee in the future
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

UNCLEBITTLES wrote:
gunblader3 wrote:I really just wish they just stick to Nintendo characters imho. Snake and Sonic felt really out of place in terms of gameplay style.

Well anyways I remember playing this game competitively, but the more you play this game the more you find out just how unbalance it is. Hopefully this new SSB game will allow to have patches so it can have balance changes.
Heathen. Sonic is amazing. :x

(She says on the board full of Nintendo fans...)

It's not surprising that he'd be included in the game, though, given the success of the "Mario & Sonic at the Olympics" series.

I've never played SSB myself, but from what I understand, they're quite good, considering all of the time and development that goes into making them. Bit of a newb question, but are they available for any of the PlayStation consoles?
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Nah, they are pretty much Nintendo mascot-o-ramas, so other than Sonic and Snake its all Nintendo-only characters. :(

There is some crummy ripoff on Sony characters on the Playstation but I don't think anyone actually played it. >_>
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Sony/PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, methinks it was. If I were to get that (which I will not), I'd only get it because it has Sly Cooper in it.

They have to include Sonic somewhere, though, since SEGA hasn't made a new console since the Dreamcast because they're too busy pushing extremely buggy and convoluted games to market before they're fixed (Sonic '06, I'm lookin' at you :x ).
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Ginny Weasley wrote:
UNCLEBITTLES wrote:

Heathen. Sonic is amazing. :x

(She says on the board full of Nintendo fans...)

It's not surprising that he'd be included in the game, though, given the success of the "Mario & Sonic at the Olympics" series.

I've never played SSB myself, but from what I understand, they're quite good, considering all of the time and development that goes into making them. Bit of a newb question, but are they available for any of the PlayStation consoles?
Don't get me wrong I love Soinc, but Sakurai screwed him up in Brawl.

And yes it is called Playstation All Star Battle Royale. And it's not to bad I played a demo of it on PS3 at Gamestop it was interesting, I played as Kratos. :D
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

If I had a PS3 I'd pick it up, I'm sure, but it didn't get glowing reviews.

...and lol, Sonic '06. I'm not the biggest Sonic fan, but wow, that was a... special one. >_>
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Neither did the Wii U but I plan on getting one.
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

It's pretty cool. I might get brawl or melee sometime in the future
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Lark
I've been here a bit

Post by Lark »

We have a Wii U, and the Smash Bros that goes with it! I really enjoy it. It has so many upgrades compared to the normal Wii game.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I'm glad they are adding weirdos via DLC as well. I don't really care about the Fire Emblem, Earthbound, or Pokémon guy but... RYU from Street Fighter! \:D/ Hopefully there is more to come. Like Q*Bert.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

I have some complaints about the new Wii U Smash Brothers, but by and large it is an awesome upgrade bringing new characters into the fray.
~ Walker in Dreams
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, I'm glad they added Cloud, weird inclusion though it is. Another Fire Emblem guy, though (Corrin). Not sure why they put so many characters from that series in... FE isn't a bad series but while its fan base is very loyal it isn't nearly as big a franchise as most of the others represented in Smash Bros.

And, uh... Bayonetta. I don't see the appeal but the games seem pretty popular.
Mariogeek
Tallying up

Post by Mariogeek »

Brawl is my favorite because I got myself Project M and that fixed everything I had problems with, including the slowness and floaty characters, it added Roy and Mewtwo, and then I have been editing stuff myself to make it more to my liking- including Ronald McDonald and custom character skins, portraits, load screens, stages, etc.
I used to have Melee on the Gamecube, but it got scratched which was another reason for getting Project M.
I also have Super Smash Bros. 3DS, which, idk it kind of stinks, there are a lot of great characters and mechanics but the lag for online play is TERRIBLE, they have a lot of weird stages, and it's a little difficult to play on a 3DS. I've been working on porting over some of the graphics from the 3DS to my version of Project M because I like the bright colors and designs for the game.

If you guys want I can make a Project M for absolute no0bs guide.
Yo
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

Can you give me your copy of project m for pc?
Resident JRPG nut
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Anyone playing ultimate?