WHY IS THIS PLACE DEAD?!

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

WHY IS THIS PLACE DEAD?!

Post by EK »

You guys can't tell me you don't play games anymore? While I don't have all the time in the world I still make time every now and then to complete a video game.

What are you guys playing?!

I have a stack of games I need to start/finish including Arkham City, Borderlands 2, Dead Space 2, Halo 4, Assassins Creed Revelations, Skyrim, Dishonored, and the list goes on.... I kept buying and borrowing games during school when I KNEW I didn't have time to play them. I destroyed Assassin's Creed 2 the other week and now I'm working on Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I don't have videogames. I can just see this because I'm a mod. :anxious:
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Well let's see I need to finish Skyrim, Psyhconauts, and Aquaria. Plus a lot left in Lego LotR. Otherwise I've mostly been playing Age of Empires 2 and Freespace 2.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

sports games.... all sports games
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I am playing Arkham City right now. I have been thinking about purchasing Borderlands 2 for a while.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Borderlands 2 is worth it. I don't have it anymore since I borrowed it... but I just beat AC: Brotherhood & AC: Revelations, now I'm having fun playing Gears of War 3... does anyone have this game? We could totally destroy some horde mode together.

Also godisawesomeness99, do you play NBA 2K13? If you have Xbox Live we should play.... you can't match my skills son! :x
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I've been playing Fable 3, Civilization 5, Medieval 2: Total War, Heroes of Might and Magic 5, and Final Fantasy IX. All awesome. Except maybe FF, I'm not that big a fan of JRPGs, but I'll play the occasional FF just for the helluvit.

I have yet to play Skyrim, mostly because I don't have a 360 and I'm not sure how my PC would handle it.
Last edited by jasonjannajerryjohn on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Do you like Fable 3 JJJJ? I played a bit of it and it just seemed like a bit of a rehash of Fable 2 to me.

I'm with you on the JRPG stuff... they're a bit the same after you've played enough of them. I still don't see the fascination with FF VII people have. I do like when Squenix changes it up though with the gameplay like in Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You.

You should totally get a 360, it's an ideal time coming up, I expect the price will drop when the Xbox One comes out... there's such a great backlog of games to play.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I haven't played the first two Fables, so I'm going into it blind. Which I think is good since it seems like everyone hates the third one. I really enjoy it though. It's a lot of fun, more of an action/adventure type game than an rpg. I love the industrial fantasy setting. You don't often see industrial fantasy as opposed to medieval fantasy.

The best JRPG I've played is Chrono Cross. The best battle system and probably the funnest. Though that said, it's still the same old JRPG: over complicated stories that don't mean a whole lot and similiar gameplay to FF (as is what all JRPGs strive to be like).

I really do want to get a 360 for sure. There's a lot of games on there I want to play, I probably will once I get my life going, i.e. job, car, bank account... ;D This will probably be happening rather soon actually, so there you go.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

EK wrote:Borderlands 2 is worth it. I don't have it anymore since I borrowed it... but I just beat AC: Brotherhood & AC: Revelations, now I'm having fun playing Gears of War 3... does anyone have this game? We could totally destroy some horde mode together.

Also godisawesomeness99, do you play NBA 2K13? If you have Xbox Live we should play.... you can't match my skills son! :x
I can't aford it :( and I only have 2k11 on wii..... and I suck at video games :x
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I had a little more time than usual over the summer and managed to play through Arkham City finally. Also went through the new Tomb Raider, that's probably been my favorite somewhat recent game I've played through.

I started Borderlands and it seems... okay, but I dunno, I didn't play it enough maybe, but I got kind of bored with it. I started Rayman Origins and liked it but for whatever reason got sidetracked and haven't gotten back to it yet.

I have a CRAZY AND STUPID backlog of games... I finally am working a lot and can afford most games that look interesting, plus I have a bad habit of stocking up on random bargain bin games and Xbox Live Games on Demand sales, even if its not something I'm super interested in. >_> The main ones I want to get to the soonest are Dead Space, Bioshock, ACIII, Skyrim... and others I'm sure I'm forgetting. >_>

Despite having such a backlog I have Lego Marvel preordered and it will probably jump to the top of my list once its out. \:D/
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I picked up Bioshock Infinite, Assassin's Creed 3, Madden 25, and Dishonored just a few days ago and downloaded Sonic Adventure 2 and Walking Dead. I'm pretty stacked on games right now. \:D/