What do you think aobut runescape?

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.

What do you think about runescape?

It's good
40%
I don't think anyone should play it
20%
You can play it, but it shouldn't be your number one priority
40%

Total votes: 10

Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

Oh let me warn you... it's just like Halo or any other addictive games, except you can advance more and more, you never stop.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

NatetheGreat wrote:Noone should play it. Wizardry, tons of violence, refrence to drugs, etc. etc. etc. Not something a christian should have anything to do with. :shame:
Reference to drugs? What!?! And theres no blood.
But I find it stupid. Play a better MMORPG like the kind that you go out and buy ...or illegally download.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

Eugene Kendall wrote: ...or illegally download.
I know you're kidding but I don't think we should be talking about something ethically wrong, something that we shouldn't do, here. :shame:
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

dancer02248 wrote:
Evil Chick wrote:
AIOFan11 wrote:
Laurie wrote:I've never heard of it, don't know what it is.
Ditto.
Ditto to the ditto.

ummm..ditto to the ditto to the ditto

but this is sounding to Castles and Coulrony to me

Ditto to the dittoed ditto squered.

Yours Truely,
-Cowboy of Texas
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

I used to play it before. It's ok, although I kinda got annoyed about the "prayer" and magic part sometimes. Part of the reason I stopped playing it was because I kinda felt uncomfortable playing a game like that, but I don't think it's that harmful unless you get addicted and play it 24/7/you get influenced by it... :- Still, I suppose it is good to be careful right? O:)
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

http://www.f1fe.com/blog/archives/000003.html

A Christian father recently told me that his 13 year-old son wanted to play RuneScape, and he asked my opinion. This is what I told him:

* Rating is T for Teen. The official definition Teen definition: Titles rated T - Teen have content that may be suitable for persons ages 13 and older. May contain violent content, mild or strong language, and/or suggestive themes.

* Review from Christian Centered Game Reviews: http://www.ccgr.org/article_read.asp?id=31

* A Rune is "Any of the characters in several alphabets used by ancient Germanic peoples from the 3rd to the 13th century a poem or incantation of mysterious significance, especially a magic charm." (from dictionary.com)

* Good Review by a father: http://www.almenconi.com/topics/games/runescape.html He notes that the game allows chatting between players and there can be as many as 10,000 players in the game. You can restrict chatting to your "buddy list," but there are no parental controls and the chat restrictions can easily be disabled by the child.

It seems similar to Dungeons and Dragons. Unless I could guarantee that the players would only chat with their friends, then I wouldn't let my sons play unless I was playing with them. With no limitations on the chatting, they would be in an unmonitored environment purely for entertainment purposes...the cost-benefit doesn't justify unmonitored playing. Also, I don't remember where your computer is located in your house. If you let your son play, then I would make sure that you are around and he knows that you could "walk in" at any time. And as with any computer game, I would restrict the amount of time that he can spend playing. Finally, depending on their Christian maturity, I probably wouldn't let my sons play because players can "pray" to gods in the game and increase their "prayer points." I'm not sure if this is a required element of the game. This is from the game web site "As well as using magic spells you can also pray to the gods of RuneScape to give you an advantage." Here is information on the use of magic in the game. Here is a list of all the "skills" that are used in the game.

Overall, I would say no....
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

www.onrpg.com go find some good games people!
And runescape puts censors on eveerything......even www ;^.^ (Thinks its protomans doing)