Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis

Post by bookworm »

Since I'm posting about the Jurassic Park movies I thought I'd post about this game too. Has anyone heard of it?

It's similar to Zoo Tycoon, you get dinosaurs, make the aesthetics of their exhibit to their liking, add attractions and vendors to the park to make guests happy, but it's all in the Jurassic Park world.
You can't just buy dinosaurs, you hatch them by extracting enough DNA of the kind you want from different dig sites around the world. You have to install proper safety measures to protect guests in the event of a rampage or other disaster. And your advisors on various aspects of running the park are actually characters from the movies.
It's very clever and very fun.

You also get to interact with the park you build. You can see the different viewing areas and rides from the perspective of a guest, you can fly the ranger chopper around, and you can drive the land rover right in among the dinosaurs.
It's a neat way for fans of the movies to be able to experience that world a little more personally.