Pokémon Go

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Isaiah the Ox wrote:I'll just *leave this in response* http://www.snopes.com/pokemon-satanist- ... inverview/
Meh, they still are not trusted. :noway:
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Why not?

(Please note for once I'm not trying to start a debate, I'm legitimately curious about this haha)
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

*refuses to argue*

But I am curious about Dredge's objections to the game.

Pardon me whilst I dig for the article that convinced my parents it was demonic...
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

My parents were pretty sure every random cool thing that became a fad was satanic, so glad to see that tradition continues. \:D/

I downloaded the app and caught a bird thing in my living room, and quickly lost interest. I did not notice any great compelling satanic message, however.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

No one I knew growing up was against it, but I heard outside stories of the people who were. It was less fear of demonic content and more a concern that it featured evolution mainly though.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

My understanding of it is that metamorphosis would be a better term, since the mechanism in the main series games is that once the Pokemon reaches a certain level, it changes into a different species.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

The game just doesn't... look right. I dunno.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

That's because it mirrors the real world. (O_O)
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

I can confirm the game is satanic. I downloaded the app and was instantly possessed. :(
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

To put the "demonic" thing to rest, it's a complete hoax. The rumor springs partly from an edited version of a TIME magazine interview with Pokemon creator Pokémon Go creator Satoshi Tajiri. In the original interview, Tajiri was asked about a preacher who claimed Pikachu was the devil. Tajiri denied this, and the interview moved on. In the edited version (which Connie has just posted), Tajiri segues into saying that Pokémon Go was created out of rebellion against his parents' Christian beliefs and particularly their denial of evolution. However, this part of the interview is completely fabricated, and Tajiri never said this.

Be careful what you believe, folks.

http://www.snopes.com/pokemon-satanist- ... inverview/

As for Pokémon Go, I play it when I can. I'm playing on a WiFi-only tablet, so my options are rather limited. Nonetheless, I've enjoyed it. I'm Level 7, and Team Instinct.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Who is still playing? I finally hit level 30!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I knew there was going to be a noticeable drop off at some point, it couldn't maintain such incredible ubiquitousness long term, but after such an intense start I didn't expect it to disappear so severely so quickly. It seems it truly was just a fad. I'm surprised, I thought there was really something there.

I've noticed a few people around campus still playing from time to time, but overall it seems to have become a forgotten memory already.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

I actually just started playing again a few weeks ago. \:D/ It's nowhere near as popular as it was when it was released, but there's a surprising amount of people still playing. Someone made a discord channel for Pokémon Go players in my city, but I haven't gotten on it yet.

I finally hit level 28, and if I play for a few more months I should get to 30. There are a few people who got all the way to the final level (40), but I have no interest in devoting that much time to the game. There's an online calculator that estimates the time it'll take you to 40, and at my current rate it would take me over 10 years.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I heard they put out a major game update, maybe that will renew interest.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

My boss makes me drive when we have to visit some of our other satellite locations so he can catch Pokémon. :(
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I would totally play if my phone let me ( :( ). My Pokémon obsession continues to this day.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

The Top Crusader wrote:My boss makes me drive when we have to visit some of our other satellite locations so he can catch Pokémon. :(
I'd totally do that if I had employees. \:D/

The raid battles have been a fantastic feature. There's quite a few people at my place of work who still play, so sometimes we'll get together over lunch or after work to take down a boss. I suck at throwing curve balls, so I've had a difficult time with catching legendaries (I only have a few more days to get Lugia and Zapdos :anxious:), but the raids have still made the game a lot more interesting.

My level is 31 now, and I'm pleased with my progress. I work with a guy who's at level 38, but with how the XP leveling is scaled, he's only halfway to level 40!