Nintendo Revolution

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Nintendo Revolution

Post by Shadowpaw »

So, now that Nintendo has finally revealed what the controllers will be like for the Revolution, what is everyone's thoughts?

For more information, check out this article.

Personally I think it's going to be great! I can already see myself using the controller for first person shooters (I think it will be awesome to be able to control exactly where I want to shoot on the screen by actually aiming), and since the market place already has two traditional consoles (Xbox 360, Playstation 3) it will be nice to have a unique and completely innovative product to use.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

A remote controller....thats what im calling it...>.> I saw it a few days ago and I was like ....oh cool a nice peripheral but then I saw its the controller...I officialy give it the title "Power Glove 2.0" and you guys know the power glove was.....weird...
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Eon Spitfire EK V2.exe wrote:A remote controller....thats what im calling it...>.> I saw it a few days ago and I was like ....oh cool a nice peripheral but then I saw its the controller...I officialy give it the title "Power Glove 2.0" and you guys know the power glove was.....weird...
Well the remote controller part is the aiming part, with buttons (like a trigger) and directional pad. For playing classic Nintendo games you hold the controller sideways.

In your other hand you would hold the analog stick, which also has a couple of more buttons. In a first person shooter game, for example, you would control the movement of you character (like usual) with the analog stick but instead of using a second analog stick to adjust the aim, you simply move the "remote controller" looking thing and the screen will move along with you. When you want to shoot, you simply squeeze the trigger.

I've seen some really fun videos of people swinging the device like a bat for a sports game (much funner than simply using a normal controller) and others where you are in a sword fight (again, using the controller and holding it as though it is the base of a sword). It's something that will be incredibly fun to use.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

But yeah I noticed that, but im glad this is happening too but I think ill be getting a Xbox360 for regular gaming and a revolution for innovative gaming :P I just hope that there will be nintendo made or third part regular controllers for games like super smash brothers...also I like the white apple looking design
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Apparently (and this isn't confirmed) you will be able to use your Gamecube controllers with this system if you want to play Gamecube games.

It's also rumored they will be releasing Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and N64 controllers for this new system for when you want to play one of the games on this system (which is backwards compatible and you can download any of the Nintendo library of past games). And as Nintendo always does, I imagine there will be even more unique devices coming out with the system... but the remote controller looking thing is the standard will ship with the unit.

Regardless what happens, there will definitely be different options for controllers as time goes on.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

*Wishs he had Nintendo, and all the other consules, plus lots of cool games*

I don't usually play any of the games unless I go to a friend's house, so I really doubt that I'll be getting the new one.

Yours Truely,
-Cowboy of Texas
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:*Wishs he had Nintendo, and all the other consules, plus lots of cool games*

Aww man the nintendo was awesome...... and Super Mario Bros.....youll be hooked on the brothers!
The nintendo entertainment system, your parents help you hook it up (legend of zelda sold seperately)
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I think it's a cool idea. That would bo so cool to play a hockey game with that. And being able to download old classic games would rock.

I think its a great step forward for gaming.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Hmm... I don't know, I'm more of a video game purist, and this controller seems like it would be... lacking, in some platforming aspects. Plus, if people think gamers look silly now, image how they'll look swinging remotes around in the air like swords! ;)
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It could be really cool for some games... but I sorta hope the GC controller or some other kind of Revolution controller is also available for the new games... :anxious:

But I would totally get this just to play the old Nintendo products... especially if you can get the old controllers!
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

This link http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-15143-2567-x-x-x has more info on how it works playing games from FPS to puzzle games.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Does not see much potential for a Zelda game with a schtick like that (pun intended).

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Hey, it could work. *imagining a DDR game with that* It would resolve the age old "get some exercise" problem, at least.
>_> They stole my idea! Well, admittedly mine used the DS stylus...
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Does not see much potential for a Zelda game with a schtick like that (pun intended).
Have you seen the video!?! You can slash your sword by slashing the remote on a zelda game!
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Indeed, but Zelda involves MUCH more than swinging a sword around.

Call me Sergeant Pepper.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Indeed, but Zelda involves MUCH more than swinging a sword around.
Dungeon Maps! ;)
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

I'm just happy the new Zelda is for the gamecube.

Call me Sergeant Pepper.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

For those who fear change and the limited amount of gameplay options that will be available to gamers with this controller... here's a neat mockup from IGN:

Note that it's only a mockup and not a real product... but Nintendo has already described this exact concept:
Nintendo wrote:We're producing a classic-style expansion controller, based on traditional designs like the Gamecube controller. It's like a shell with a hole in the top into which you slot the freehand-style controller, and then you can play third-party ported games, and retro Nintendo games you've downloaded
When you notice the expansion controller will continue to sense movement, the game possiblities on the Nintendo Revolution will be far greater than the other two systems. Don't get me wrong, I still plan on owning all three... but the gameplay experiences from the Nintendo Revolution will be unlike anything we've ever done before. As a hopeful game developer, it is innovation like this that will continue to let the game market thrive... who needs a third system that's identical to the other two?
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

Nintendo has always been one to be thinking outside the box.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!