Video Cards

w00t go ATI!

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Video Cards

Post by EK »

What kind of video card do you use for gaming? I currently have a Radeon X800 XL DVD. It totally rocks :D. So what kind do you guys have?
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I have a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, it isn't that snappy. I'd like to upgrade, but would rather spend my money on more productive things. :)
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I have an ATI X850 PL. I bought it because it was the best card I could fit into my AGP slot. Since most cards are now released for PCI-Express only, I'm going to need to upgrade my motherboard before I can get a higher end card... which I'll probably do next year sometime.
Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

Yeah, my computer itself couldn't really handle a nice card. So I'm gonna have to buy a new PC.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I have an old GeForce 3 but not too bad to make me buy another one yet. I'm planning on replacing it one day though...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

STRYPER wrote:I have an old GeForce 3 but not too bad to make me buy another one yet. I'm planning on replacing it one day though...
GeForce three!? Dude.....my PC came with a GeForce 4.....and its like 4 years old....
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Hey don't pick on the little guy, I paid top dollar for my GeForce 3... oh 5 years ago :-k

It has served me well.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

ah... I'm currently using Nvidia Geforce 2 MX/MX 400... my christmas gift is a Radeon 9800 pro (whoo-hoo) but my HP pavilion 750n has only a 200w power supply :@. BTW hp site says taht 200w works with the 9800 pro... but when i tested it out, the burning metal smell is unnerving, so i changed back to my old one. so now we are hunting for a power supply that actually fits in the pavilion series... the power supply i'm using is a Bestec ATX 1956D... it has special specifications... I was wondering if I should just get a new tower case with power supply all together...

anyway... you guys have any help on replacing power supplies for a hp pavilion? thanks
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

For now I only have my (sucky) builtins on laptop and desktop... garu, no CivIV for Sonuna until my ATI 9250 comes for desktop. Although laptop can still play CivIII...
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

I have the best Radeon card available
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

erm you mean radeon X850 >_>? ok know i'm jealous.... not really lol... but why u need so good a graphic card?
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

UltimaZero wrote:erm you mean radeon X850 >_>? ok know i'm jealous.... not really lol... but why u need so good a graphic card?
Actually the best Radeon cards on the market right now are the Radeon X1800 series... I have an X850 though and think it's great! :)
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

I need a leet graphics card so I can pwn teh nubs in high definition!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I want an X1800 sooo bad. Unfortunately, I can't afford it. Right now I have a Radeon 9800Pro (256 bit) that I bought just over a year ago at Circuit City for the then insanely low price of $150.
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

aww.... come on guys... you are making me soon so poor... since I only recently got my radeon 9800 pro for Christmas... lol... I don't have a job yet... but maybe soon

but any ways... u guys got any advice as to upgrading power supply for a hp pavilion?
Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

Ok, this is a noobie question, but is there somewhere I can look on my PC to see all of it's specs? I need to know to look into new a video card. Thanks.

Sorry for double posting, but I did a PC customize thingy, would this be a good set up for under $700?

Case ( Raidmax 268 ATX Mid-Tower Case w/350W Power Supply Silver )
Power Supply ( Standard Case Power Supply )
Processor ( [939-pin] AMD® Athlon-64 3500+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology )
Free Software/Game ( Free Game --- Half Life 2 Download Coupon with purchase of any AMD-64 based systems or Mobile Turion notebook )
Processor Cooling ( Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink )
Motherboard ( eVGA nForce-4 SLI Chipset Dual DDR w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, Dual PCI-E MB )
Memory ( 512MB DDR-400 PC3200 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand )
Video Card ( [PCI-Express 16x] Nvidia Geforce 6200 with TurboCache Supporting 256MB w/DVI + TV Out Video )
Hard Drive ( 80 GB HARD DRIVE 80 GB 7200 RPM Ultra ATA-100 Hard Drive )
2nd Hard Drive ( None )
Raid Controller ( None )
Raid Configuration ( None )
CD/DVD Drive ( None )
CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive ( [** Special !!! ***] 16X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive Black )
Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )
Network Card ( Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100) )
USB 2.0 Accessories ( Add External USB 2.0 Hub (4x USB 2.0 Ports) )
USB 2.0 Accessories ( Build-in USB 2.0 Ports )
Flash Media Reader/Writer ( 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer Beige )
Operation System ( MS Windows XP Home Edition w/Service Pack-2 )
Warranty ( Warranty Service Standard 3-Year Limited Warranty )
Rush Service ( Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) No Rush, Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days )

Edit - the double post has been vanquished!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

It's not too bad, but you shouldn't be paying more than 500 for it. I put together a pretty killer rig for a friend the other day. I'll go rig up something similar on newegg and post it here.

EDIT: Newegg is doing maintenance. I'll have to do this later.
Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

Thanks! No rush, I don't think I'd buy anything anytime soon anyway.. Do to the fact I don't have any money. :wink: I could get some though.. :-k