Xbox 360

Preorders

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Xbox 360

Post by Shadowpaw »

Who here has pre-ordered their X-Box 360's? Or are some of you not planning on getting one?
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

I have no intentions of buying one for some time. Next-gen gaming systems are alyways priced so high at start, and I have many games on current and previous generations that I still want to finish.

That said, I am definitely looking forward toseeing the 360 come out as I am sure a couple of the guys on my hall will be getting one. I expect to get some good next-gen gaming in even without owning my own. Such are the joys of college life. :)
Not dead yet.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I haven't seen any games that really look that interesting on it thus far, so I'll be happy to put off getting one.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I havent preordered mine...but im getting one \:D/ most of the people in my city are uneducationalized in video-gaming and are a bunch of ps2 fanboys/xbox and nintendo haters. (Ex. The PS2 has the best graphics of all the machines! [when in fact it has the lowest graphics and the gamecube has the best]) so I dont worry about preordering it especially since ill be getting the actual Xbox 360 with HD and wireless controllers, not the core system.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Hmm... it would make a good paperweight, so--
Essentially, I would be interested in a '360 soley for modding capability. And nothing's out on that yet, obviously. so.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Haha, I guess I'm solo then... and I've pre-ordered two :). I originally ordered one from Future Shop (it's Canadian) but then I saw Costco had a better bundle for a bit more money. So I ordered one from there too. I think I'll let my sister buy the one from Future Shop off me for her fiance, since he really wants one and they are hard to come by right now. I'll keep the other one and split the cost with my brother (it's a lot cheaper that way).
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I want the omega bundle... >.>
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Shadowpaw wrote:Haha, I guess I'm solo then... and I've pre-ordered two :). I originally ordered one from Future Shop (it's Canadian) but then I saw Costco had a better bundle for a bit more money. So I ordered one from there too. I think I'll let my sister buy the one from Future Shop off me for her fiance, since he really wants one and they are hard to come by right now. I'll keep the other one and split the cost with my brother (it's a lot cheaper that way).
I'm kicking myself for not pre-ordering one now... we are no longer taking pre-orders around here. Not for myself, but I'm thinking it would be easy to make $100-200 profit on these on ebay...
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

More probably....in fact I think if I get two ill take an attempt at putting the processors in a compatible motherboard... >.>
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I have just received confirmation that my XBox from Futureshop has shipped! :)

Now I just have to get word from Costco that mine has shipped from them too... as that is the one I will be opening, and the Futureshop one I will be selling to my sister for her fiance (it comes with less stuff) :).
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I get to work until 1am tonight for our midnight launch at GameStop! \:D/

We were originally supposed to get like 40-50 in, but Microsoft decided to sell tons of their 360's to Pepsi for their contest thing, so now all retailers are only getting 18 in their first shipment... :(
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Brian wrote:I get to work until 1am tonight for our midnight launch at GameStop! \:D/

We were originally supposed to get like 40-50 in, but Microsoft decided to sell tons of their 360's to Pepsi for their contest thing, so now all retailers are only getting 18 in their first shipment... :(
Yeah, I was worried I wouldn't get my shipment from Futureshop on-time because of the shortages. It's a great relief to see the "Shipped" notification!
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Brian wrote:I get to work until 1am tonight for our midnight launch at GameStop! \:D/

Does that last through black friday? If you don't get anymore before then that DEFINTELY won't be enough :noway:
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Ah, what a fun night. Anyway, we won't get any more until next week.

We are reserved up through the rest of the year, and are taking no more reserves, thankfully.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

then you will be sold out by friday, I really feel sorry for you :(
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Wow! My town obviously dosent game much...theres 3 Xbox 360s left at Wal-Mart, my dad bought an extra one and is selling it on Ebay, I get to keep the profit! \:D/
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

BRILLIANT!!! \:D/
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

As much as I'd like to get the Xbox 360, I don't have the funds to purchase one. It's not like I have much time for video games anymore. All the money I'm earning from work is going towards college. :(
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

How is it that people on Ebay will pay more for one than at Wal-Mart? :-s
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Captain Jack wrote:How is it that people on Ebay will pay more for one than at Wal-Mart? :-s
...Scarcity Value...there is no more!