Chronicles of Narnia game

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Chronicles of Narnia game

Post by EK »

I wonder if the CoN game is any good, it looks kind of fun but ive learned to not trust movie-game crossovers (except for Spiderman), but I say the commercials and it looked battle for middle earth-ish. Has anyone here played it? I want to get the DS and Xbox version if its any good.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Haven't played it, but I heard that it was pretty fun, if somewhat redundant.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Eon Spitfire EK V2.exe wrote:I wonder if the CoN game is any good, it looks kind of fun but ive learned to not trust movie-game crossovers (except for Spiderman), but I say the commercials and it looked battle for middle earth-ish. Has anyone here played it? I want to get the DS and Xbox version if its any good.
Whaaa, I loved the LOTR games!!!
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I've also heard that Kong is very good, if somewhat short.
spiderman
insert dash here

Post by spiderman »

I'm thinking about getting the Narnia game. I hope it is good. :D
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Like EK, I feel most video games that tie into movies are just awful. The most obvious reason is that games are rushed to coincide with the movie's release. A couple of games that were quite good though would be Battler for Middle Earth (I loved playing that multiplayer, even if the battles weren't as big as I would have liked) and The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape for Butcher's Bay. Based on a terrible movie, the game itself was tremenously good. I haven't played the Spiderman games, but I'll take EK's word for it ;).
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Santapaw wrote:I loved playing that multiplayer, even if the battles weren't as big as I would have liked)
You mean you didn't hack the .ini's? Bad S-paw, bad. :shame: That was one of the first things I did. No more unit cap! \:D/
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Me wrote:
Santapaw wrote:I loved playing that multiplayer, even if the battles weren't as big as I would have liked)
You mean you didn't hack the .ini's? Bad S-paw, bad. :shame: That was one of the first things I did. No more unit cap! \:D/
LOL! I haven't tried that... yet. :wink:

A friend of mine played the CoN demo. He said it was a lot of fun. From what he said it's the same hack and slash style game the LOTR ones were. Like Return of the King, but you get to play as all the children at once, and do neat Mario & Luigi-style-jump-off-that-persons-head-and-do-a-cool-matrix-like-combo. :wink:
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

As someone who has personally beaten the CoN game at 100%, let me assure everyone that it rocks! It's not too hard for people who freak out over 3rd person 'shooters' (or really any kind of shooter, for that matter) like me, but it does have challenges that will make you want to pull your hair out until you all of a sudden figure it out. I think Witch's Castle was the most fun to beat, because you can only play the girls and the way to get the shields is very strategic. It took me forever to get the last shield because I would move the fire, get hit by the ogre, move to fire a fraction of a centimeter, get hit again, and on and on and on...

It doesn't follow the movie particularly well, but it has value aside from the movie just as a video game.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

Captain Jack wrote:
Me wrote:
LOL! I haven't tried that... yet. :wink:

A friend of mine played the CoN demo. He said it was a lot of fun. From what he said it's the same hack and slash style game the LOTR ones were. Like Return of the King, but you get to play as all the children at once, and do neat Mario & Luigi-style-jump-off-that-persons-head-and-do-a-cool-matrix-like-combo. :wink:
That friend of yours was me.

And yeah, Kong rocks. Utterly rocks.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

From what I've heard of the game, it sounds like whoever made it completely missed the point of Narnia...
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

Do they make it for CPU.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Mr. J.A.W. wrote:Do they make it for CPU.
You mean PC? ;)
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I don't think so.
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

too bad
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Ah, but they do. I believe it came out on all major platforms.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Yep, they made it for everything.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Xiao wrote:Yep, they made it for everything.
Even SNES!?
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

The narnia game is great. I played it on my cousin's PS2
fireflygirl_01
Found
Location: just sitting in the hall; waiting for the darkness to consume me

Post by fireflygirl_01 »

Dude I ttly LOVE the narnia game. I can't seem 2 get past beating the troll or ogre, or whatever it is, on level 7 or so. don't belive the hype. its pretty good :)
~O sNaP ItS fIrEfLy~