Dance Praise Software

Christian DDR

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Dance Praise Software

Post by Taq »

I was just flipping through a Christian catalog and saw Dance Praise Software by our favorite company, Digital Praise. Does anyone have any more information about this? Know someone that has it? I googled it a little, and it looks promising.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I saw a demo of it at the Christian Game Developers Conference this summer. Didn't look too bad, but that's about all I know.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

That's so weird... I was just looking through a "family christian stores" catologue, not 5 minutes ago and saw that. I even considered posting about it to see if anyone had heard anything about it.

So weird. :p

Sarah
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

It doesn't look like I'll be getting this-- I don't really like most of the songs on it.
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

We've got it and my kids like it. It comes with a dance pad and runs $50. The songs aren't really our favorites either, but there are a couple of them we like. There are 3 difficulty levels and I can only do level 1. If you have 2 dance pads, you can even do partner dancing or competition dancing.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

I was walking through my local Christian bookstore last week and actually had a chance to play a demo (actually the full version from what I could tell) of Dance Praise. It's actually not bad. It featured a generic dance pad with mechanics somewhat similar to DDR, but with songs from artists like POD, Rebecca St. James, David Crowder Band and TobyMac. I liked a lot of the fare I had a chance to look at during the 10 minutes I played with the game. I fear that the selection might be limited, and the mechanics are decidedly different from DDR, but the concept is there, as is the fun. If I remember right, I enjoyed dancing to (I think) Jesus Freak and Youth of Nation, though it could have been other songs. From what I could tell, if you like music from the artists mentioned above, and are a DDR fan, this game might be worth a look.
Not dead yet.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Oh! Funny that I found this thread! My mom asked for this for Christmas! Maybe we should buy it for her b-day or something. She loves to dance and also wants fun ways to work out, this might qualify!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I ordered it off the Family Christian Stores website and opened it on Christmas Eve; it was my not-so-secret Christmas present from my parents. The verdict: I love it! There are over 50 songs--not that I counted, just believing the box--and I only have heard of so many, but I'm still having a grand time. It's great not having to worry about dirty lyrics!

It does have an exercise mode where you can input a goal of minutes or calories, but I haven't really explored that option. I guess the calories option is just an approximation, though, as you would need to know your weight and muscle mass to actually calculate that. The game is a fun way to get your heart rate up.