January Contest

Ideas?

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

January Contest

Post by EK »

Does anyone have any neat ideas to spice up the next gamers clan contest? Just post them here! \:D/
Last edited by EK on Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

A Americas Army Tourny! \:D/

For real, no, I don't have any ideas... ](*,)
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Perhaps we could have race of sorts...

Pick a fairly common, easyish game that most everyone has played (my first thought was Wolfenstien 3D \:D/ ) and have a race to see who finishes first.

It would depend largly on the honor system though :-k
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

W3D's not exactly my cup of tea. >_>
Maybe something like Metroid Zero Mission (fairly easy to get, GBA) or Chrono Trigger (fairly easy to get, er, through alternate channels) That way we could simply send a screenshot of the ending/ending save with timer included. MZM in particular is a pretty quick play, and relatively easy in its own right--I'd recommend it if you're going for speed competitions.

the hardest part will be getting us to agree on a game, I sense...
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Especially as I'm limited to PC and Xbox, and if I don't already have it, I'll have to download it...
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I was thinking maybe a two-month long Game Making contest where you use a Game Maker program (sprite based and everyone uses the same program.) and then we get the ToOers to play them and vote on which they like best, the contestant also must provide screenshots and an instruction booklet of sorts.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

NO GAH NOT GAME MAKER X__X.
thank you.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Sonuna Hydris wrote:NO GAH NOT GAME MAKER X__X.
thank you.
Definitely not that program....RPG Toolkit maybe....
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

I wouldn't mind a good game maker. My only concern would be that some would be better versed in its abilities to start out...

As far as the race idea goes, I don't think any platform games would be the ideal option since we can't guarentee everyone shares a common platform. I think a downloadable shareware game (maybe even a demo) would be ideal.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

STRYPER wrote:I wouldn't mind a good game maker. My only concern would be that some would be better versed in its abilities to start out...

As far as the race idea goes, I don't think any platform games would be the ideal option since we can't guarentee everyone shares a common platform. I think a downloadable shareware game (maybe even a demo) would be ideal.
Everyone can also download emulators!
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Yeah but then you get into the whole notion of breaking the law and illegally downloading things from hard to find websites :-k
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

how about having us do an essay about the creation of video games?
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Ugh, school work??
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

mr.whit wrote:how about having us do an essay about the creation of video games?
No.
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

illegal yes... but hard to find websites? no... ok mods destroy the link if you think i shouldn't post it... but one of the links for example would be
ok delete the link if you don't want me post emu & rom links...
[down there if you wanna take a look]

.............http://www.dslegacy.uni.cc/
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Eon Spitfire EK V2 wrote:I was thinking maybe a two-month long Game Making contest where you use a Game Maker program (sprite based and everyone uses the same program.) and then we get the ToOers to play them and vote on which they like best, the contestant also must provide screenshots and an instruction booklet of sorts.
So far this sounds the best. Man but that it'll take forever. :-k
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
king kong skater
Classic

Post by king kong skater »

yeah it would take ages
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

STRYPER wrote:Yeah but then you get into the whole notion of breaking the law and illegally downloading things from hard to find websites :-k
EK can just send them to you! ;)

I think it'd be cool to race through Super Mario Bros. or SMB3 or something. I know that some emulators can "record" all your actions so someone else can load that file with the rom and it will play through the way the first party played.

Also making a game would be cool, but time consuming. :boohoo:
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

... SMRPG! >_>
you knew I had to say it, right?...
I like the concept of making a game; the problem is the time issue. If it would be over two months it might be reasonable, though....
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Sonuna Hydris wrote:... SMRPG! >_>
you knew I had to say it, right?...
I like the concept of making a game; the problem is the time issue. If it would be over two months it might be reasonable, though....
FIRE MAN AVATAR!!!!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Ahem.

Yeah I have a game scripted but just stink at actually putting things like that together. :(

Alas the awesomeness of a multitude of Nintendo and a couple Capcom characters in: TRIFORCE will never come to fruition. :mecry:

Unless I just make it a comic... :-k