Oblivion

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I'm bumping this thread for purely selfish reasons - namely, that I just upgraded my PC and purchased Oblivion.

Initial reaction: Wow.

Video Card: Nvidia GE Force 8600. Beautiful, beautiful detail, and the gameplay itself is extremely intelligent. I'm not a gamer per se, but I was definitely impressed with Oblivion. My only 'critique' if you even want to call it that, is the excessive system requirements needed to run it. But the payoff is definitely worth it.

Has anyone come across a more recent (comparable) game? If so, I'd be interested in knowing it, despite having always been a Morrowind fan.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I don't know if anthing on the market NOW is as detailed as Oblivion. Fallout 3 (I think it's called) is made by the same people, and is supposed to be incredible when it's released. I own the game for the 360. It will always be a top favorite.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Try F.E.A.R with max graphic setting...it takes a sure powerbox to run that and the details are amazing.

I mean if your going for comparable graphic wise...

gameplay wise... Oblivion is probably the best RPG to date.