Oblivion

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Oblivion

Post by Shadowpaw »

I haven't had too much time to play this game (school is over at the end of this week and I plan on spending all my weekends this entire spring/summer catching up on the dozens of video games I bought but didn't play during the year). I'm just wondering if anyone else has picked up Oblivion for their PC/Xbox 360? It's pretty fun from the little I did play of it and incredibly deep.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

*points to Xiao*
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I bought it for Xbox360, though I haven't even opened it yet. :( I'll play it over spring break next week but I want to beat Kingdom Hearts 2 a few more times.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

Yes, Oblivion roxors much boxors.
1337mojo
Gold Member

Post by 1337mojo »

Oblivion has to be the best single player RPG game to come out. I fail to see any other RPG game compare and compare to graphics. The story line is great also.. There is always something to do ingame. I like mainly that is when you beat the game is you don't really beat the game. There is still stuff left to do. Its like Animal Crossing only.... death is involed O:)
ichthuz
My posts are revolutionary

Post by ichthuz »

havent played but PC gamer mag gave it 4.7 out of 5
Whoever voted for the Continental Breakfast Club should be taken outside and bea-- um.... shaken. - Continental Admiral
1337mojo
Gold Member

Post by 1337mojo »

Almost ever gaming magazine or gaming site has given the game an 8 or above or a 4 and above.....
Me + Computer + Video Games = My Love.
Jeffro
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Jeffro »

heh it got re-rated to m. lol.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Good thing we have the ESRB to shield the eyes of our little ones. -_-;
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Jeffro wrote:heh it got re-rated to m. lol.
....because of an external mod that was NOT embedded into the games original code.... :-s
xiao

Post by xiao »

Eugene Kendall wrote:
....because of an external mod that was NOT embedded into the games original code.... :-s
Half-true. The nudity was indeed embedded into the original game, but the only way to unlock it would be to mess with the code. Still a rediculous reason to re-rate.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Cloud wrote:
Eugene Kendall wrote:
Half-true. The nudity was indeed embedded into the original game, but the only way to unlock it would be to mess with the code. Still a rediculous reason to re-rate.
....Correction...go listen to PCGamer Podcast. Thats the difference in the GTA Hot Coffee mod and the Oblivion mod. Hot Coffee was in the original code...the Oblivion mod wasnt...your getting Oblivion and GTA mixed up with each other. The ESRB is just getting very touchy about mods since Hot Coffee.
1337mojo
Gold Member

Post by 1337mojo »

EK ehhh..... your sort of wrong... I read an artical on a mod site that tells you that you can edit something to get something...
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

1337mojo wrote:EK ehhh..... your sort of wrong... I read an artical on a mod site that tells you that you can edit something to get something...
Edit the code into the code to get the mod...its called a mod. The wire frame with details for the mod was already there by bethesda but you have to edit the files and change color variables and so forth so therefore...it wasnt in t here prior to the modding, and the Wireframe parts wasnt in the 360 version at all. (as far as we know.)
1337mojo
Gold Member

Post by 1337mojo »

Sooo would that make two different ratings? one for the PC and Xbox 360?
xiao

Post by xiao »

Nope, M on both, but I believe the PC is the only one of the two that has a "Nudity" warning on the back. The game, even without nudity, has been rerated because it "contained more blood and gore then previously noted".
Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

Yay for bringing back old topics.. not. >_> Anyway, I didn't want to start a new one because this one is still here. :P I just bought this game. Oh. My. Gosh. It's incredible. Also, I bought it for the Xbox360, and there isn't a warning for nudity on the back. This is possibly one of the greatest games I've ever played. It's just. Wow.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Shad Lexer wrote:Yay for bringing back old topics.. not. >_> Anyway, I didn't want to start a new one because this one is still here. :P I just bought this game. Oh. My. Gosh. It's incredible. Also, I bought it for the Xbox360, and there isn't a warning for nudity on the back. This is possibly one of the greatest games I've ever played. It's just. Wow.
Heh, have you got the Shivering Isles expansion?
Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

No. I will probably buy it when I beat the game.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Yeah shad lexer's awesomeness of playing it is making me want to buy it on the 360 because my computer lags and isn't HD or widescreen. Although I am getting a widescreen monitor.