Humdedum's Sheet Music Shop

Have something you'd like to sell? Want to purchase user created goods? This stretch of road is where all the merchants set up shop!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Re: Humdedum's Sheet Music Shop

Post by Catspaw »

If you're selling something that you have written/created, then you're in the right place. However, selling copyrighted material for ToO funds seems to be a little sketchy in the legal and/or ethical department. :( You don't own the rights to the content you're selling, if I understand correctly. I'm not a musician, so I don't know how shareable sheet music should be, but if you have to pay for it in the store, which I'm guessing you do, then sharing it this way seems problematic.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Catspaw wrote:If you're selling something that you have written/created, then you're in the right place. However, selling copyrighted material for ToO funds seems to be a little sketchy in the legal and/or ethical department. :( You don't own the rights to the content you're selling, if I understand correctly. I'm not a musician, so I don't know how shareable sheet music should be, but if you have to pay for it in the store, which I'm guessing you do, then sharing it this way seems problematic.
That said, if you head on over to Project Gutenberg, there's a whole ton of great public-domain sheet music out there.
But yeah, unless it's specifically public domain (most older composers' music is) it's off limits copyright-wise. :(
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sherlock wrote:
Catspaw wrote:If you're selling something that you have written/created, then you're in the right place. However, selling copyrighted material for ToO funds seems to be a little sketchy in the legal and/or ethical department. :( You don't own the rights to the content you're selling, if I understand correctly. I'm not a musician, so I don't know how shareable sheet music should be, but if you have to pay for it in the store, which I'm guessing you do, then sharing it this way seems problematic.
That said, if you head on over to Project Gutenberg, there's a whole ton of great public-domain sheet music out there.
But yeah, unless it's specifically public domain (most older composers' music is) it's off limits copyright-wise. :(
Thanks for the clarification, Sherlock! :) I remember seeing that section on Project Gutenberg, now that you mention it - I just never checked it out due to my lack of musical talent. ;)

The examples listed in the first post of this thread strike me as non-public domain material, humdedum, so they and other similar materials wouldn't be appropriate to share. :(