An Authoress' Alcove

Have something you'd like to sell? Want to purchase user created goods? This stretch of road is where all the merchants set up shop!
Mockingbird
A Grieving Renegade
Location: Running after the reckless protagonist of "Shattering the Dark."

An Authoress' Alcove

Post by Mockingbird »

I'm here to put my writing skills at your service. I write poems and prose; I don't write school reports or anything like that. ;)

So, if you have some ideas in your head and you want some help getting them drafted, or you want some critiques, I'd be happy to help. Just post your request here and I'll shoot you a PM. We can work out the price based on the length of the piece, etc.

Samples of my work? Here you are! :)
Murphy's Law wrote:Someone once said how she was simply her characters’ secretary; the characters took off by themselves. It was a common joke among my fellow authors to laugh (and gripe) how their characters had “minds of their own”. I often talked about my characters as if they were real people myself- well, around people who weren’t immediately inclined to throw me into an insane asylum. There’s nothing like fitting in, eh?
A Slave's Song wrote:She ran her tongue over her teeth. Her mouth felt strangely clean. “What is that stuff?”

Kachel gauged Dani’s eyes. “Our people live up in the Rhigi Mountains. We’re surrounded by rocks and gems.”

“Rocks? That’s impossible.” Her eyes flitted to the iridescent pearly liquid.

“This is a mixture of pure water and extract of opal.” Kachel shrugged. “It’s the truth.”

Dani glanced away and pulled herself off the ground. Mud stained her bare feet and ankles orange. “Where do we go now?”
Shattering the Dark wrote:All hope had left, and the remains of his attitude rubbed his pride raw. He fought desperately, struggling against the little it took to hold him down, against the darkness that swept his vision over and over. He was breaking, but he could still think, could still feel the agony of failure. Two men pinned him to the ground as a smile twisted over the handsome features of a third. Jayson's breathing accelerated in gasps as he awaited the final blow. A surprise kick to his ribs tore a yell of pain from him, the half-scream echoing in his ears.

"Broken. It was so easy, wasn't it, Jase? So easy to break you. You did half of it yourself." Pirzak smiled on his agonized enemy. "Now..." he raised Jayson's own gleaming weapon.
Last edited by Mockingbird on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do." --To Kill a Mockingbird

Thanks to snubs for the awesome siggy! ^^;;
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Wow! You're really quite good! :D
Mockingbird
A Grieving Renegade

Post by Mockingbird »

Thanks, Buzz! :D I'm hoping to go into writing full time (with maybe a 'side job' ;)) after high school. \:D/
"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do." --To Kill a Mockingbird

Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Not bad at all one day I might need some help
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Mockingbird
A Grieving Renegade

Post by Mockingbird »

Thanks, conquestor! Let me know if you do. :)

Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Oh welcome to the ToO where crazy is normal
Online family
Christian's nephew
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Mockingbird
A Grieving Renegade

Post by Mockingbird »

Thanks! :D

Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Your welcome [cool avater by the way]
Online family
Christian's nephew

BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Mockingbird
A Grieving Renegade

Post by Mockingbird »

Thanks. :) It's my best photomanipulation to date. :D

I'm thinking about putting my AIO fanfic in this thread if there is enough interest...