Doctor Watson's Bookstore

Come in and browse the shelves! New Title available!

Have something you'd like to sell? Want to purchase user created goods? This stretch of road is where all the merchants set up shop!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Doctor Watson's Bookstore

Post by Dr. Watson »

I'm sure that Mr. Holstein is a good man and all, but he has a monopoly on books in this town. NO LONGER!!!

Presenting...Dr. Watson's Bookstore! Completely original editions! Short stories, novels, and more!

Here is my inventory:

"Unawares"--A short story about an impatient young man and a curious old woman. $3.00

"King of Old"-- A short story about a captured king, a daring prince, and an evil kingdom! $7.50

"The Case of the Missing Toupee" --An AIO fanfiction written by the bookstore's first contributor, Nick! $8.00

A Three-Part Tale--by SivartM. Our second contributor spins a tale through the eyes of a tree! $12

Collected Essays--by NatetheGreat. Some intriguing essays ranging from articles on wildlife to examining fact vs. fiction on 9-11. $20

"The Prague Incident"--A masterful piece of spy fiction! If you've read the heart-pounding suspense that Dr. Watson has written in threads like "The Refined Blackgaard Clan" or "The War to End all Wars" (at TH), you know that this gripping novel will keep you on the edge of your seat! A young German cabby meets with mysterious and dangerous international intrigue! Yes folks, this is a *novel.* 136 pages of non-stop action. For a great bargain price of $70.00!

But wait--if you're not sure about sinking that much cash into it, I'm offering another option. You can buy the first two chapters for a low price of $10.00! If you decide to buy the rest, there is no penalty. Just pay the remaining $60.00 and receive the next 13 chapters.

Here's how it works: Just click on the "Donate" button below my avatar, pay the appropriate amount, and list the title(s) you desire. I'll PM you the story posthaste. Note--due to the length of "The Prague Incident", I'll PM you a link where you can download the story in a Textpad document. Simple!

Visit often because more books will be lining the shelves in the near future!

Cheerio, and happy reading!

Doctor John H. Watson

Postscript: Reviews of my works are most definitely allowed in this thread. :D
Last edited by Dr. Watson on Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Ooh, very interesting. I'd certainly be interested in purchasing a couple stories later down the road. \:D/

On another note, how's that AIO conclusion coming along? O:)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

You've written a novel, Watson? That's quite impressive. :)
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Why thank you. I'm actually working on a sequel to it--it's going to be even better than the first!

Trent DeWhite wrote:On another note, how's that AIO conclusion coming along?

Er... :oops:
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Cool idea! O:)
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

AIOfan11 wrote:Cool idea! O:)

I see, dear sir, that you are carrying an armload of books...step this way to the cash register.

:-
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

That Sir is really a female I think.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Yes, Female. :D
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

#-o

*retreats red-faced*
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Watson my good man, if you ever need a break I'll be happy to watch the shop for you! I've had some expericane with bookkeeping.
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I am announcing a new feature to Watson's Bookstore!

Do YOU have a story you would like to see published and read by millions? Do you dream of becoming a famous author?

That dream can come true! All you have to do is PM me that you want to me to sell your book/novel/short story/collection of poetry/etc. You have a couple of options:

1) I will buy your work with a fee (we would have to negotiate that), and then I would sell it for a profit.

2) I will not buy your work. I will put it up for sale in my bookshop, and we will split the profit. Author-40%, Me-60%

I think this will be a wonderful new idea for the bookstore, and for the good citizens of Odyssey. \:D/

Cheerio

Note: I would like to preview each submission. I reserve the right to accept/reject any submission before putting it on my shelves. :noway: :D
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I would buy them, my dear Watson, if I hadn't already read them! :D Keep up the good work!

And everyone else, The Prague Incident is really worth it, just try the first two chapters and see if you can put it down! :yes:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

like youy have ended the Holstein's Books monopaly on books, I've noticed that I have ended the Black Market's monopoly on rare items with my store, Dan's Junk Yard. So visit me and buy my stuff before I throw it all out!
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

I just wrote A story maybe I could send it in to you. \:D/
Image [img]
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Please do, my good man!
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

I've already sent you my AIO story
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I would buy them, my dear Watson, if I hadn't already read them! :D Keep up the good work!

And everyone else, The Prague Incident is really worth it, just try the first two chapters and see if you can put it down! :yes:
I bought the whole thing its great!
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

yeah I just the whole one too Image
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Nick, if you just bought the story tonight, you won't get it til tomorrow, because Watson is in bed asleep right now! :D
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

yeah I'm going to bed soon to