FOTF and the online fan community

How much do they know?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Me
An original

FOTF and the online fan community

Post by Me »

I have been wanting to ask this question for a long time, and finally got around to it. How aware is Focus on the Family of online fan communities like this and the TH? What do they think of it? What do they think of the fact that most people belonging to them are over the target age range? Have they ever considered doing something special with the community like Universal does with King Kong fansites (the occasional early release of information, exclusive releases, contests, etc)?
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

yes i was wondering if they would ever advertise TH or SF in AIO
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I kinda doubt that they ever would.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I really do not think they know. They might be aware that there are internet fans out there, but I am not even sure about that.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Nathan Hoobler and Glenn Montjoy are members at the Town Hall so Focus certainly knows. :)
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Yes, but outside of them, is anybody really aware of us?

BTW: What does it mean when it says I have reached my daily limit?
David Harley
Gold Member

Post by David Harley »

Categorically speaking, if you posts too many posts in a set amount of time, you ain't getting money.
Remember kids, Ignorance of the law is no excuse!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Me wrote:Yes, but outside of them, is anybody really aware of us??
*whispers* There are eyes everywhere! :shock:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

David Harley wrote:Categorically speaking, if you posts too many posts in a set amount of time, you ain't getting money.
what is the set amount of time?
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

I know for a fact that thier are definatley people on the AIO staff who monitor the TH and this forum now as well.
serrebi
29K to go!

Post by serrebi »

I'm sure people watch the online boards/sites. They like the way we speak :D And from what I grasp from hanging around for a few weeks so far, they seem to like the communities existance... :P!
Edit: I love checking both th and this board. It takes up valuable time I could be using for less inportant things so it's a good thing for me! :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I know I check the TH and now this board constantly. It is just so much fun having places like this board and the TH to talk about AIO!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

The staff is very well aware of the Town Hall and I kept them in the know (and received much help) from the staff in creating this board.

However, they would never advertise for fans... Focus on the Family cannot be held accountable for what I may post at the Soda Fountain or on a message board or something like that. Obviously I do my best to keep a clean, appropriate board/website... but I alone am accountable for what I post :)
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Paul McCuscker use to post when we had a msg board on the HQ years ago. I think he still checks out some of the more popular fan boards.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.