Mr. Whittaker's voice

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
orangie
OK

Mr. Whittaker's voice

Post by orangie »

Has anyone listened to the espisode called Inspiration Station on album 51? I listened to it today noticed that Mr. Whittaker's voice was totally changed. Do any of you know what happened to his voice?
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Yes, it's a new actor named Andre Stojka. :) Paul Herlinger told the AIO team he wanted to retire a couple of years ago, and Andre was the new actor they chose. And then, sadly, Paul died a month ago. :(

Andre was Whit in all the Passages: Darien's Rise episodes as well.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

I appreciate you telling me. I could not find any information on this.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

There is a topic about Paul Herlinger's passing here:

http://www.thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25240
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

It's pretty sad. :(

I think Paul was the best whit.
Andre would be a better Bernard.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Actually the original voice of Whit finally came back.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Oh no! That's so sad! I didn't think he was all that old...and he was so perfect when they had to change him the first time. The new person is decent...the voice has a resemblance...but it's just enough off that it bugs me...it kind of squeaks and sounds a little overdone sometimes...and isn't as "full" as the other two voices were. :'(
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

Yeah I agree. :yes: