Which is your favorite Whit?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Which Whit is your favorite?

Hal Smith
58%
Paul Herlinger
31%
Andre Stojka
11%

Total votes: 45

Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Asking this question is like asking what version of "Don't Stop Believing" do you like like better: Glee's or Journey's?

You just can't beat the original.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

^So true. :( I miss the 'real' Whit...
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

Hal smith was the best. Paul herlinger is a close comparison, and I like him a lot. But Andre Stojka. Oh. my. word. He kinda sounds like Jason mixed with Tom, and even a little bit of David Straussberg. It's just not. Whit.
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

I guess I'm being kind of picky but, Andre Stoika sounds so much like owl on Winnie the Pooh. Eventhough I grew
up on Hal Smith I love how Paul Herlinger as the voice of Whit. In album 51 I was extremely disappointed with the
album just because Whit's voice was so different. But I guess I am warming up to Andre Stoika!
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

Paul is still my favorite. He was in Novacom!! \:D/
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

I prefer Paul Herlinger because of the Odysseys he was in they were more up to date. To bad that Adventures in Odyssey couldn't find a 3rd Whit that sounded the same. I don't mind Andre Stojka but you can't compare him to Hal or Paul.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Hmm more people liked Paul then I thought.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Andre grows on me the more we hear of him but then if he isn't on much for a while I'm caught off guard when he does speak up! :x
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

The Top Crusader wrote:Andre grows on me the more we hear of him but then if he isn't on much for a while I'm caught off guard when he does speak up! :x
Yes. And his annoying pauses.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I cant believe Andre Stojka got 4 votes. He tries so hard to sound like Whit that its obvious that he completely fails... He also laughs a bit much. I dislike his voice so much I almost wish the writers would've just phased Whit out of the storyline and replaced him with another character. I will never think of him as "Whit". He is a character who plays Whit.. I will always miss Paul Herlinger. :cry: *sobs, moans, and grumbles* :cry: :( ](*,)

\:D/
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

...He's a good voice actor, though. Lets not hate on him ;) He's excellent at what he does, but he's just not Whit. Not his fault, and I'm sure he understands. *Sheds a tear for old Whit*
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Ben Linus wrote:...He's a good voice actor, though. Lets not hate on him ;) He's excellent at what he does, but he's just not Whit. Not his fault, and I'm sure he understands. *Sheds a tear for old Whit*
Agreed.

*doesn't shed a tear, but sympathizes*
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The next generation of Odyssey fans will think Andre sounds more like Whit than Hal or Paul.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

They will. And when they do we will STONE THEM IN THE STREETS! :x
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

The Top Crusader wrote:They will. And when they do we will STONE THEM IN THE STREETS! :x
You're amazing.... :-
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I love Hal Smith the best. :D But Paul Herlinger his only about 2 or 3 points behind! Sometimes I would say they are a tie! \:D/ Andre Stojka.... uh.. I mainly just liked him in the Passages series. :| Though, I suppose I would have to hear him more in the new episodes. I mean, I haven't even heard all of album 51. :-
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

The Top Crusader wrote:They will. And when they do we will STONE THEM IN THE STREETS! :x
ric wrote:
You're amazing.... :-
:hilarious: hahaha! I agree, with ric, Top you're amazing.

Till the end of the line.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

How could you???? *agrees* :lol:

\:D/
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Candy wrote:
He kinda sounds like Jason mixed with Tom, and even a little bit of David Straussberg. It's just not. Whit.
When I first heard Passages, in the first scene, I kept on getting mixed up between Jack and Whit because I thought Andre sounded too much like Allen Young.

Oh, and Paul Herlinger is definitely my favourite! I grew up listening to him, plus he's in (???) more episodes than the other two combined, and if not, then pretty close!
Last edited by Leonard Meltsner on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:
Candy wrote:
He kinda sounds like Jason mixed with Tom, and even a little bit of David Straussberg. It's just not. Whit.
When I first heard Passages, in the first scene, I kept on getting mixed up between Jack and Whit because I thought Andre sounded too much like Allen Young.

Oh, and Paul Herlinger is definitely my favourite! I grew up listening to him, plus he's in (???) more episodes than the other two combined, and if not, then pretty close!
It was kinda the same with me as well. I kept getting confused on who is who. :?
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |