Imagination Station Adventures That Haven't Been Done Yet

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Imagination Station Adventures That Haven't Been Done Yet

Post by King Butter Turtle »

So, now that the Imagination Station is almost 20 years old, they've covered quite a few different Bible stories and historical events. What are some stories/events that haven't been done in the past that you would like to hear as Imagination Station adventures (or stories or whatever)? Here are a few of my ideas;
  • American History - The Civil Rights Movement - Race is obviously a tricky thing to take on in such a blunt manner and it might be difficult to fit into the target age range but, it's a very significant part of our history in which Christianity played a significant role and there's a great modern lesson that can/needs to be taught from it. They've done slavery on multiple occasions, it seems only right that someone would go back to the 40s/50s/60s to meet Jackie Robinson or MLK or somebody. I think it has the potential to be a very good episode.
  • Church History - Great Evangelists of the 19th Century - This would be a three stop adventure visiting D.L. Moody, William Booth and someone else. I was thinking Charles Finney but, he's actually been done before in '...And When in Doubt Pray' but, his ministry wasn't the focus, it was about prayer. Then, I thought of George Williams, the founder of the YMCA. I guess he probably wasn't really an evangelist, huh? I don't know; I, honestly, don't know anything about him but, what a great way to learn, right? Anyway, I think that would be a great period of church history to cover.
  • The Bible - The Disciples - I've always thought it would be cool to look at the life of Jesus from the perspective of a disciple. You couldn't do his whole life, of course but, it would probably consist of the calling of the disciples and the first few miracles. Now, if the kid (using the Imagination Station) was one of the disciples, that might be kind of iffy (of course, it's really just in the imagination anyway so, why not?) but, maybe they could be hanging out with one of the disciples or something.
  • Canadian History - Anything Please! :yum:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

I always thought it would be spiffy if they did something on the Titanic. :yes:
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Over the Rainbow wrote:I always thought it would be spiffy if they did something on the Titanic. :yes:
Ooo, that would be cool. :)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

King Butter Turtle wrote:[*]Canadian History - Anything Please! :yum: [/list]
our history isn't that interesting though
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Reddo wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:
[*]Canadian History - Anything Please! [/list]
our history isn't that interesting though
you've got a point there, the Americans had a bog bloody war, and we basically asked the queen politely, and she said "Whatever, I didn't want Canada anyways.", and the BNAA was created. TA DA! End of story. However, I like Eugene's ideas in "Back to Abnormal", like, as Over The Rainbow stated, the Titanic, or Neil Armstrong and the Space Race! And you know, we've never heard the Noah's Ark program, with it's flooding the earth in 4 seconds. I'm huge into Creationism, so I think that'd be cool.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

There have been too many Noah's Ark-related episodes, IMO.

People I'd like to learn more about...
1. David Brainard
2. Charles Spurgeon
3. Ronald Reagan

I love the idea of a Titanic-related episode:

Sinking Ship: Vance gets mad at Camilla for spilling apple juice on his pants. She tries to apologize, but the bully chases her into the Imagination Station with a broomstick. They find themselves swept out to sea! Aboard the Titanic (with nothing better to do), Vance turns Camilla into a troublemaker. The two Odyssians can't help but make trouble. They get into luxurious, and forbidden, places. They knock over entire tables owned by millionaires. They add sleeping powder to all the food.

Reports spread that the ship is sinking. People begin loading into lifeboats. The two kids panic. After all the terrible things they've done, who would let them onto a boat? The shouting of "Women and children first!" is heard throughout the decks. In a shocking turn of events, Vance and Camilla are lead straight to the loading dock by a man who just awoke from a curiously long nap. In the end, the kids learn a lesson in Grace; giving you what you haven't earned and don't reserve.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

American Eagle wrote:Ronald Reagan
Ha! That would certainly be interesting. It might be a little current, though, saying as new AIO episodes were produced during his presidency. Actually, wouldn't it be funny if someone mentioned listening to "this awesome new audio drama from focus on the family"? :lol:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

1. The Entire book of Revelation...mimed.

2.It really wouldn't hurt to retell some bible stories using a different format. Like the Battle of Jericho could be done as an Imagination station invention, instead of just O.T. Action news. Or even one of Bernard's stories could be remade as an imagination station episode, as long as it didn't completely repeat lines from the first time it was done.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, I think Reagan and any politics post Vietnam are probably too current... although you can really never have too much Ronald Reagan, I say! \:D/ I want a series all about Iran Contra! \:D/

But yeah... I don't recall much about the disciples other than them muttering around from time to time, so that would be cool. I don't think they've had much WWII mention in a while so that's always fun, but since Whit keeps getting younger they may want to avoid that since he is a WWII Veteran. ;)

It would though be cool to have an IS adventure about a spy over in the Soviet Union during the Cold War. >_>

Also, they need episodes teaching kids to buy gold and stockpile food for the coming economic collapse.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Way to stay positive, Top. :roll:

I always thought it would be pretty awesome to do one on the book of Revelation, but then again, for one thing that's not something you can easily convey to the target demographic, and for another, the book of Revelation is interpreted in so many different ways that just having it done in one episode in one particular way won't work. Unless, of course, it's a four parter portraying the four basic interpretations.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

TigerintheShadows wrote:Way to stay positive, Top. :roll:

I always thought it would be pretty awesome to do one on the book of Revelation, but then again, for one thing that's not something you can easily convey to the target demographic, and for another, the book of Revelation is interpreted in so many different ways that just having it done in one episode in one particular way won't work. Unless, of course, it's a four parter portraying the four basic interpretations.
Ya, that would be awesome. :yes:

Or it could just....you know...skip past the controversial parts.

"Yay, the Tribulation's over and now we go to heaven. Yay!"

That's pretty much the only part that's not controversial....
\:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Even THAT is, in some belief systems. ;)
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Right. It would actually be....

"The Tribulation just started, or it's been going on for a while, or maybe it's over, but now we go to heaven, or just fade away from existence. Yay!"
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

I thought that episode 666 would be about the tribulation, but instead it was "The Jubilee Singers, Part 3." Maybe the actors just gargled holy water before acting :?
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I always thought it'd be cool if Adventures in Odyssey created their own interpretation of the end times, like Left Behind, in a separate album, unconnected to the current chronology. The Rapture might need to happen at the end instead of the beginning, since, well, the only one left in town would be Brian Dern...

...but then Brian Dern could have a "I am Legend"-like story-arc. That'd be pretty cool.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Hahaha that would be great. I would enjoy a tribulation-like story-arc. No doubt Ms. "Liberty-loving" Margaret Faye could've been the Anti-Christ. Yes, Odyssey left in the capable hands of Margaret, Dern, Bart, Rodney, etc... sounds like a tribulation to me!
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

That would be great! :yes: