Odyssey All-Star Sports Spectacular

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Odyssey All-Star Sports Spectacular

Post by jennifertwt »

I finally got enough episodes chosen to create a playlist dedicated to sports in honor of the upcoming Super bowl. Unfortunately, they just don't seem to play football in Odyssey. I left out Katrina's accident in For Whom the Wedding Bells Toll because that is a three parter and only very little football. So, without further adieu:

Jennifer's Odyssey All-Star Sports Spectacular Playlist (in no particular order)

Heroes-basketball
The Fundamentals-baseball
All-Star Witness
The Winning Edge
A Game of Compassion
Easy Money
The Owlnapping
The Defining Moment
Target of the Week
Better Late than Never
Poor Loser-chess, that one was pushing it, but my high school did have a chess team
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Don't forget The Secret Weapon, or A... is for Attitude.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Don't forget The Secret Weapon, or A... is for Attitude.
of course! I had The Secret Weapon on my handwritten list, it just didn't get typed! I had forgotten about A... is for Attitude!

Thanks!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

If you stretch it a little you could count "Cousin Albert".
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Samitude wrote:If you stretch it a little you could count "Cousin Albert".
true!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

This playlist shows how Odyssey is stuck in a sports rut, even after the reboot. They need to branch out and have some variety in the sports they pick.

How about Fifteen Minutes? Now there's a real sport.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Boswell wrote:This playlist shows how Odyssey is stuck in a sports rut, even after the reboot. They need to branch out and have some variety in the sports they pick.

How about Fifteen Minutes? Now there's a real sport.
Ah.......I had not even thought about that one. Good!

As for being in a rut, those episodes span the whole 25 years and I had to work hard to find 12. It would be cute to do a Super Bowl episode like What Are We Gonna Do About Halloween because I know there are different opinions about whether or not churches should hold Super Bowl parties. I was a church office manager in the US and the opinions range from 1) you shouldn't watch tv especially sports on the sabbath to 2) It's an evangelism opportunity and why not take advantage of it. Some churches compromise by having parties in members' homes, but it is an interesting debate.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

jennifertwt wrote:...there are different opinions about whether or not churches should hold Super Bowl parties...
Churches should discourage the watching of and active participation in any kind of sport. :noway: They're bad for your health; just look at what happened to Seth when he played football!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I looked this up again because of the olympics. Remind who Seth was and what episode he was in?
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

jennifertwt wrote:I looked this up again because of the olympics. Remind who Seth was and what episode he was in?
I think the reference is to Seth Young in the episode "All Things to All People" where he tries to minister to a bunch of guys through playing football. :)
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

oh yeah.........!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden