Favorite Voice Actors & Actresses

Where are they now??

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Favorite Voice Actors & Actresses

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Obviously, Will Ryan. Can't say I know where he is now or where he's been, though. :-s

Any other favorite voice actors or actresses? I must say, Aria Curzon has the best "kid" voice ever. :D I've also enjoyed the performances of those such as Jess Harnell, Earl Boen, Steve Burns, Jerry Houser, Ed Walker, and Dave Madden. \:D/
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Corey Burton. He's had a tremendous amount of acting jobs on AIO and does each one perfectly.

-Jonathan
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Will Ryan and Paul Herrlinger.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I like all of the AIO actors. Katie Leigh and Paul Herlinger especially.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Hal Smith and the best voice possible for Whit to have. Paul Herlinger doesn’t do a bad job but just doesn’t have the same feel as Hal did. Ed Walker does a great job switching to different voices and doing a great job on both of them. Corey does a great job at so many voices to.

One of the best voices that just does one voice is James D. Griffin. He did an great job in Living in the grey. He made you believe his person in a great way as well with his great jobs in the pass.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Ooh, indeed, Corey Burton is another one of those talented actors. Plus Katie Leigh, of course (can you imagine the outcry AIO would receive if she ever left for an extended period of time?) . . .
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Hal Smith, Paul Herlinger, Katie Leigh, Will Ryan, Earl Boen(that voice is incomparable), and Corey Burton.

Wow. If Katie Leigh left, I'd lead a protest. Or something. With placards and signs and all the works. ;) (Pitchforks and torches, referred to by Top in the TH, may come in useful as well.)
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Hal Smith and Will Ryan, best voice actors ever :D
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

Corey burton and Will Ryan!!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Hal Smith's voice was simply perfect for his role as Whit. :)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Indeed, no one can or will ever replace the original Whit.

Anyone know what's up with the voice actors who have left the show and moved on? :-k I'm thinking more the ones who voiced the parts of the kids . . .
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Jess Harnell, Hal Smith, and Corey Burton. My favorite of CB's voices is his "Mr. I am" voice, although I enjoy the rest too.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Anyone know what's up with the voice actors who have left the show and moved on? :-k I'm thinking more the ones who voiced the parts of the kids . . .
I'm sure some of the more recent ones can be looked up because they're in various movies, TV shows, and the like so you can find their credits. Older ones you'd probably have to know them or else they've told us what the person is doing.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I really like Scarlett Pommers. She's so awesome! And, of course, Katie Leigh, Will Ryan, Jess Harnell, and Corey Burton.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've seen an "Ed Walker" referred to a few times. The voice of Tom and Bart is Walker Edmiston - is that who people are talking about? If not, who does Ed Walker play?

Of course Will Ryan is a favourite, and Hal Smith was wonderful! I like Katie Leigh as well. Of course, Paul McCusker was classic as Philip Glossman (and that is his normal voice!) but I guess he isn't usually a voice actor. I guess he can count anyway!

One thing that I love about Will Ryan is his diverse talent. He can do so many voices, and sing as well, and play the ukulele! If a voice actor can do two voices that sound totally different from each other, to the point where it is practically impossible to tell that the same actor did both voices, I view them as extremely talented! Anybody who has heard Will Ryan as Mustafa and as Eugene can vouch for his amazing voice abilities.

Based on that criteria, Jess Harnell is also amazing. He hasn't been around long enough for me to consider him a favourite yet, however.

Katie Leigh has a distinctive voice, but don't let my above comments make you think that I doubt her talent. She may still kind of sound like Connie when playing a ten-year -old boy (Mulanga) but she is still amazing!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Catspaw wrote:I've seen an "Ed Walker" referred to a few times. The voice of Tom and Bart is Walker Edmiston - is that who people are talking about? If not, who does Ed Walker play?
Yeah, I've wondered about that, too. I've seen and heard "Walker Edmiston" and then I've also seen "Ed Walker". :-s According to the AIOHQ, Bart and Tom are voiced by an Ed Walker.
Catspaw wrote:One thing that I love about Will Ryan is his diverse talent. He can do so many voices, and sing as well, and play the ukulele! If a voice actor can do two voices that sound totally different from each other, to the point where it is practically impossible to tell that the same actor did both voices, I view them as extremely talented! Anybody who has heard Will Ryan as Mustafa and as Eugene can vouch for his amazing voice abilities.
Not to mention Harlow Doyle, among others . . .
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I've seen an "Ed Walker" referred to a few times. The voice of Tom and Bart is Walker Edmiston - is that who people are talking about? If not, who does Ed Walker play?
Yeah, I've wondered about that, too. I've seen and heard "Walker Edmiston" and then I've also seen "Ed Walker". :-s According to the AIOHQ, Bart and Tom are voiced by an Ed Walker.
Ed Walker and Walker Edmiston are the same person. I can't remember which is his real name off the top of my head, but he goes by both.

-Jonathan
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks for explaining, Jonathan! I wonder why he does that? He's credited as Walker Edmiston on the CDs, which is why I was more familiar with that name.
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

Walker Edmiston is the actor's name who voices Tom and Bart.

"Ed Walker" was a pseudonym that first showed up in the Complete Guide, I think. Something about contracts or rights, his real name couldn't be in the book.

JAMES GRIFFIN is the best kid actor ever on AIO. Who can't say they always related to Jimmy's character at a deep level?? Genni Long ("Lucy") was superb, but not quite at James' level.

Hal Smith, Will Ryan, Dave Madden -- all Extremely Good actors.

Personally, I think ALAN YOUNG ("Jack Allen") always captures a scene perfectly.

-shasta
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I liked Aubrey's original voice better than her current voice because the first voice was more distinctive imho.