Favorite Voice Actors & Actresses

Where are they now??

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
One I Froggy
My posts are revolutionary

Post by One I Froggy »

Jess Harnell all the way!
and James Griffin...but Ive also seen websites calling him david griffin
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

frogalwyz wrote:Jess Harnell all the way!
and James Griffin...but Ive also seen websites calling him david griffin
His full name is, if my memory serves me correctly, James David Griffin.
Chandler wrote:I liked Aubrey's original voice better than her current voice because the first voice was more distinctive imho.
I like her new voice. She can capture a scene much better now and sounds much more like a 'teenager'.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Chandler wrote:I liked Aubrey's original voice better than her current voice because the first voice was more distinctive imho.
I like her new voice. She can capture a scene much better now and sounds much more like a 'teenager'.

-Jonathan[/quote]
I think part of the reason I like her former voice is because I felt Aubrey was more "distinctive" when they introduced her. Now she seems to have descended into averageness and has almost regressed in age. :-k I guess I feel the first voice captured her original personality better. The way she liked poetry, intellectual thought, writing, and stuff like that. She doesn't seem like that deep thinker anymore. ](*,)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Oh! I forgot to mention... #-o
One of my favorite voices on the show is Jason's. I'm not usually a huge fan of "voices." I hear them and distinguish them but there aren't too many I'd say I really "like." Not that I hate them either. They're just... voices. 8-[ Jason's got a good one and he's a good actor to boot. =D> I like they way he's expanding into various roles. More and more I'm starting to catch on. For instance just the other day I was listening to "The Mystery of the Lost Voices." Ray Barnett was talking away and I suddenly realized I was listening to Jason! :lol: Then later on they played the scene from the airplane and Buddy was talking... and I recognized Wooton's voice! At that point Jess Harnell (young Buddy) kind of sounded like a cross between his Wooton voice and his Frank Pierce (Novacom laywer) voice. :)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Chandler wrote:Oh! I forgot to mention... #-o
One of my favorite voices on the show is Jason's. I'm not usually a huge fan of "voices." I hear them and distinguish them but there aren't too many I'd say I really "like." Not that I hate them either. They're just... voices. 8-[ Jason's got a good one and he's a good actor to boot. =D> I like they way he's expanding into various roles.
Yup, definitely true. I caught that while listening to LCD as well. Considering Townsend Coleman was already acting in the series, it wasn't too much of a surprise to discover he was voicing character. But it was pretty cool to see him alter his voice in a way that distinguished his new character (Ray Barnett) from the one we'd all come to know (Jason).

Same goes for Jess Harnell. When I first heard Buddy Lewis' voice, it was like, "Hey! That's Jess Harnell!" . . . and he can sing pretty well, too. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I noticed those two voices too! It was weird hearing Jason playing a bad guy, even though the voices aren't that similar. The voice actor who played Felicia from Living in the Gray in also on that LCD, I think, as that main female reporter.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

I'd say my favorite/s are:

Hal Smith
Will Ryan
Katie Leigh

And there are many others.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Chandler wrote:Oh! I forgot to mention... #-o
One of my favorite voices on the show is Jason's. I'm not usually a huge fan of "voices." I hear them and distinguish them but there aren't too many I'd say I really "like." Not that I hate them either. They're just... voices. 8-[ Jason's got a good one and he's a good actor to boot. =D> I like they way he's expanding into various roles.
Yup, definitely true. I caught that while listening to LCD as well. Considering Townsend Coleman was already acting in the series, it wasn't too much of a surprise to discover he was voicing character. But it was pretty cool to see him alter his voice in a way that distinguished his new character (Ray Barnett) from the one we'd all come to know (Jason).

Same goes for Jess Harnell. When I first heard Buddy Lewis' voice, it was like, "Hey! That's Jess Harnell!" . . . and he can sing pretty well, too. \:D/
What amazes me is how people can change the "age" of their voice. Ray sounds so much older than Jason. :-$
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Chandler wrote:What amazes me is how people can change the "age" of their voice. Ray sounds so much older than Jason.
Yup. Whether they "age" they voice or simply "alter" it and become a new character, it's pretty incredible to hear the difference.

Such as the case with Jess Harnell--particularly in The Present Long Ago. It was awesome to see him stretch his voice and play "Arnold" and "Cosby." That episode made my brother and I laugh so hard when we heard it . . . even now, I still get a chuckle out it.

Arnold: "There is no need to think like Arnold. You need to flex like Arnold. Errrrwwwwww."
Trent: "Wow! That was incredible. When you flexed your muscles, I felt a breeze!"
Arnold: "Of course you did this. That's because I'm so massively perfect. In my movies I need a whole stuntman just to play my left arm!"
Trent: "That's cool. So--Mr. Arnold, uh, how do you suggest I deal with my situation?"
Arnold: "Friend, if you want to stop the bully, you need to pound the bully!"

Arnold: "Here, let me give you this ridiculously light dumbbell."
Trent: "This must weigh a ton!"
Arnold: "Do twenty repetitions. NOW!"
Trent: *groan* . . . oh yeah! I did it."
Arnold: "Okay, that was one."

:hilarious:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Chandler wrote:What amazes me is how people can change the "age" of their voice. Ray sounds so much older than Jason.
Yup. Whether they "age" they voice or simply "alter" it and become a new character, it's pretty incredible to hear the difference.

Such as the case with Jess Harnell--particularly in The Present Long Ago. It was awesome to see him stretch his voice and play "Arnold" and "Cosby." That episode made my brother and I laugh so hard when we heard it . . . even now, I still get a chuckle out it.

Arnold: "There is no need to think like Arnold. You need to flex like Arnold. Errrrwwwwww."
Trent: "Wow! That was incredible. When you flexed your muscles, I felt a breeze!"
Arnold: "Of course you did this. That's because I'm so massively perfect. In my movies I need a whole stuntman just to play my left arm!"
Trent: "That's cool. So--Mr. Arnold, uh, how do you suggest I deal with my situation?"
Arnold: "Friend, if you want to stop the bully, you need to pound the bully!"

Arnold: "Here, let me give you this ridiculously light dumbbell."
Trent: "This must weigh a ton!"
Arnold: "Do twenty repetitions. NOW!"
Trent: *groan* . . . oh yeah! I did it."
Arnold: "Okay, that was one."

:hilarious:
He did both Arnold and Crosby (it was Crosby on the show I think)?? :o Yeah those parts were funny. :lol: Not that I thought Trent's thoughts made a lot of sense but I think the writers are trying to prove that although Trents's a very different person than Jared, Trent still inherited those "crazy imagination" genes that seem to run in the family.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Chandler wrote:He did both Arnold and Crosby (it was Crosby on the show I think)?? :o Yeah those parts were funny. :lol: Not that I thought Trent's thoughts made a lot of sense but I think the writers are trying to prove that although Trents's a very different person than Jared, Trent still inherited those "crazy imagination" genes that seem to run in the family.
It was Arnold Schwarzenbanger and Bill Crosby, yeah. Particularly enjoyed all the dialogue between Trent and his imagination . . . and Jared and Trent, indeed, do share an imaginative imagination. :D
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

That was a great ep. Funny lines good story and a look into the future in one package. :D
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Chandler wrote:What amazes me is how people can change the "age" of their voice. Ray sounds so much older than Jason. :-$
On that note, the guy who played Nicholas Adamsworth was well into his 60s at the time.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I heard a show from The Great Guildersleeves one time and the kid on that show sounded suspiciously like Nicholas. But it was a horrible show so I never listened again. [-(
Fan Of AIO
Not as new

Post by Fan Of AIO »

In "Inside The Studio" when the actors are being interviewed live in front of an audience, Chuck Bolte refers to Tom and Bart as "Walker." I also appreciated Sage Bolte (Robin), Azure Janosky (Donna), and of course Hal Smith (Whit). I would have to say my favorite child actors on the show are Azure and Aria.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Fan Of AIO wrote:In "Inside The Studio" when the actors are being interviewed live in front of an audience, Chuck Bolte refers to Tom and Bart as "Walker."
Yeah, that's probably his 'real' first name. As previously stated, Chris also refers to him as "Walker."
Jonathon wrote:On that note, the guy who played Nicholas Adamsworth was well into his 60s at the time.
Ooh, really? :-s
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:quote="Jonathon"]On that note, the guy who played Nicholas Adamsworth was well into his 60s at the time.
Ooh, really? :-s[/quote]
I'm pretty sure that's in the Complete Guide. :)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

You are indeed correct.

-Jonathan
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I vaguely recall that fact from the book . . . evidently, I forgot. 8-[

WILL RYAN! \:D/

Gabriel Encarnacion, voice of Lawrence Hodges
Genni (Mullen) Long, voice of Lucy Cunningham-Schultz
Donald Long, voice of Jack Davis
popcornqu33n
Gold Member
Location: Outside drinking a cool glass of pepermint lemonade

Post by popcornqu33n »

since i can never remember thier names i will just say thier character, connie, liz, alex, wooten, cryin' bryin' dern, eugene