Trying to Complete My AIO Collection...

Just a few episodes left that I don't have!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Metroid388
Hexadecimal teenager

Trying to Complete My AIO Collection...

Post by Metroid388 »

So I recently finished with my collecting of all of the "available" episodes of Odyssey that I didn't have (There were just some in 1994 I didn't have yet). I went through my library and made a list of all the ones left that I still don't have. It's a really short list, but I'm pretty sure these ones are just... completely unavailable. Just basically gone forever. Most of the ones left that I don't have are Officer Harley episodes, but I know occasionally they release old episodes that were previously unavailable (Like during the "The Washington Secret Word Contest" they released "Lights Out at Whit's End"). I just figured I'd post my list and ask if anyone has, or knows where to find these super rare episodes:

FP01: Whit’s Visitor
FP07: While Dad’s Away
FP08: The Letter
FP10: In Memory of Herman
009. Doing Unto Others
013. Bobby’s Valentine
014. Missed It by That Much
021. The Case of the Missing Train Car
023. The Quality of Mercy
024. Gotcha!
025. Harley Takes the Case (Part 1)
026. Harley Takes the Case (Part 2)
070. The Return of Harley Part 1
071. The Return of Harley Part 2
370. Christmas Around the World Part 1
371. Christmas Around the World Part 2
438b. The Telltale Cat
439. BTV: Grace
442b. Sticks and Stones
444a. Career Moves

If anyone can help me at all, that'd be great! It'd be awesome to be able to say I have literally every episode made, but I'm thinking it's probably going to be impossible!
"Everyone your age feels the same way you do. No matter how cool or together they may seem on the outside, inside, they're just as scared and confused as you are."- Coming of Age
IForgotMyUserName
I've been here a bit

Post by IForgotMyUserName »

They have all been released commercially at one point, but some are much easier than others to find legally

-- Really easy:

Gold Audio Series cds:

Christmas Around the World 1 and 2:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0849961998/

-- Were available on individual CDs until the end of last year (and might still be available if you called up FOTF directly or can probably be found for resale elsewhere):
444a. Career Moves

- Easy to find on cassette (in widely released albums for several years):
009. Doing Unto Others
013. Bobby’s Valentine

-- A little difficult to find on cassette (limited release family portraits album):

-- More difficult to find on cassette (individual cassettes only):
021. The Case of the Missing Train Car
023. The Quality of Mercy
024. Gotcha!

-- Very Difficult to find on cassette (individual cassettes uncommon by this time):
442b. Sticks and Stones
438b. The Telltale Cat
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I do believe that The Telltale Cat was in FAIO (www.freeadventuresinodyssey.webs.com) in the special episodes page, but for most of the other ones, I don't belive they're there :-k
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Metroid388
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Metroid388 »

Where can you find these rare ones on cassette? Just some online store or...? Does anyone just have any of them as mp3s? I appreciate the help!

-- Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:06 am --

Yeah, I cannot find any of these episodes on cassette online. :/ Maybe I am just not looking in the right places?
"Everyone your age feels the same way you do. No matter how cool or together they may seem on the outside, inside, they're just as scared and confused as you are."- Coming of Age
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I have Harley Takes the Case Part 1 on cassette - but it's just recorded off the radio. \:D/ I wish we had recorded part 2 back then...the first part ends so dramatically and I've never been able to hear the end of the story.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Metroid388
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Metroid388 »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I have Harley Takes the Case Part 1 on cassette - but it's just recorded off the radio. \:D/ I wish we had recorded part 2 back then...the first part ends so dramatically and I've never been able to hear the end of the story.
Ah, that's a bummer! Well if I can dig it up, I'll send it your way!
IForgotMyUserName
I've been here a bit

Post by IForgotMyUserName »

I think it was around 2001 that the individual cassettes were discontinued, so thrift stores are probably the best bet for finding most of the early episodes now. All the early episodes except for The Return of Harley were given away for free in large quantities back in the first years of the program.

Here's Family Portraits for sale, with about its original price:

http://www.amazon.com/Family-Portraits- ... B001G8QGXK
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I have Sticks and Stones and BTV: Grace on MP3s but they're pretty low quality. I have Harley Takes the Case, the official cassete. I have The Return of Harley 1 & 2, Gotcha!, and Addictions Can Be Habit Forming on tapes recorded from the radio that are pretty good in audio quality. I also have the Word Joy to the World cassete of Christmas Around the World. I can record the tapes onto my computer and send them to you.
Metroid388
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Metroid388 »

Peachey Keen wrote:I have Sticks and Stones and BTV: Grace on MP3s but they're pretty low quality. I have Harley Takes the Case, the official cassete. I have The Return of Harley 1 & 2, Gotcha!, and Addictions Can Be Habit Forming on tapes recorded from the radio that are pretty good in audio quality. I also have the Word Joy to the World cassete of Christmas Around the World. I can record the tapes onto my computer and send them to you.
Hey Peachy Keen! therealjoecool sent me all the mp3s I needed! Some are low quality like you're saying, but I think that's probably gonna be the only format they exist in these days, unless you can find the super rare cassettes mentioned earlier. I appreciate your willingness to help! :)

-- Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:44 pm --

UPDATE::: My man therealjoecool gave me the hook up and now I have a complete collection! Thanks man! If anyone has high quality versions of

009. Doing Unto Others
013. Bobby’s Valentine
024. Gotcha!
438b. The Telltale Cat
442b. Sticks and Stones
444a. Career Moves

I'd be very appreciative! But yes, thanks again therealjoecool for all the help and allowing me to say I have a definitive complete collection of AIO episodes!
therealjoecool
Not as new
Post by therealjoecool »

No problem! I'd game for some higher quality copies of some of those episodes too! LOL... not sure they are out there or not. At least we can say we have them and have heard them... especially the infamous Harley episodes!
Metroid388
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Metroid388 »

therealjoecool wrote:No problem! I'd game for some higher quality copies of some of those episodes too! LOL... not sure they are out there or not. At least we can say we have them and have heard them... especially the infamous Harley episodes!
Agreed my friend. Well if I happen upon them, I'll send them your way.
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

I'm in the same boat as you Metroid388. I'm working on finalizing my collection as well. My list is narrowing down to the same point as yours. They should really release some of these episodes in a really secret way, just so us fans can listen to them. What if someone put them deep into the archives of this site somewhere? Only true fans really use this site that extensively anyway right?

If anyone had copies of the MP3's of these, I'd be grateful. Not so much to complete my collection, as much as I'm completely curious to hear these long lost eps. It really bugs me that I consider myself a huge fan of the show, yet I've never heard some of these episodes.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Dallas R. wrote:I'm in the same boat as you Metroid388. I'm working on finalizing my collection as well. My list is narrowing down to the same point as yours. They should really release some of these episodes in a really secret way, just so us fans can listen to them. What if someone put them deep into the archives of this site somewhere? Only true fans really use this site that extensively anyway right?

If anyone had copies of the MP3's of these, I'd be grateful. Not so much to complete my collection, as much as I'm completely curious to hear these long lost eps. It really bugs me that I consider myself a huge fan of the show, yet I've never heard some of these episodes.
Yeah, we can't say we have them all when there's actually a fairly large list of unreleased eps!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Nathan mentioned last year that they're thinking of releasing a digitial download of some of these, but to my knowledge they haven't made any plans to do so yet.
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
nicsim130
Lurker

Post by nicsim130 »

Hi. Does anyone have all the episodes listed above? (all the unreleased and rare ones) If so, can someone please email them to me please?
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Man, this is an old post! I've had all the episodes for so long now!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
nicsim130
Lurker

Post by nicsim130 »

Does anyone still have the episodes listed above by Metroid388? I have been searching everywhere to find these with no avail. If someone please PM me with links, I would be most appreciative.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I don't know that I'd say they are high quality but Family Portraits can be purchased on Amazon, iTunes, and the Focus store. The Officer Harley episodes can be found in the Odyssey Adventure Club.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

I have 2 copies of the cassettes of Family Portraits if you're still looking I can see if I can find them all and get them sent off...at least I'm pretty sure I do.