This Needs to Stop! (PETITION)

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

The number of episodes on faio has decreased rapidly. Now they only have 230. So now they are doing a contest that for every episode submitted the will donate $10 to FOTF or something like that. Although the episodes have to already be uploaded otherwise it would be illegal. (As stated in their rules.) So in other words, it's not ok to upload for the sake of the contest, but it's ok to submit a link to them that would otherwise be seen as illegal? Seems a bit contradictory to me....
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Jason Whits Son wrote:So in other words, it's not ok to upload for the sake of the contest, but it's ok to submit a link to them that would otherwise be seen as illegal? Seems a bit contradictory to me....
Not necessarily. Someone could submit a legal link that they missed.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

But wouldn't there probably be more illegal ones?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

bookworm wrote:
Jason Whits Son wrote:So in other words, it's not ok to upload for the sake of the contest, but it's ok to submit a link to them that would otherwise be seen as illegal? Seems a bit contradictory to me....
Not necessarily. Someone could submit a legal link that they missed.
Like? They usually grab the ones from the official site right away. More or less they're encouraging people to find episodes that are elsewhere on the web that someone else uploaded which is what they are discouraging people to do because it is illegal. Is there somewhere else with legally uploaded episodes?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I don’t know, I said ‘could’. I am not aware of every corner of the Internet and neither is FAIO. I meant that by getting help from multiple additional web users more of it will be monitored, so if there are other episodes somewhere they have a better chance of being found.
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

bookworm wrote:I don’t know, I said ‘could’. I am not aware of every corner of the Internet and neither is FAIO. I meant that by getting help from multiple additional web users more of it will be monitored, so if there are other episodes somewhere they have a better chance of being found.
I'm just making the same argument that someone else is in the comments of faio. The whole thing sounds hypocritical.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

There’s no pleasing you people, is there?
First you complained about them ‘ripping off’ FOTF, and now that they’re paying for episodes you have a problem with that.
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

I don't have a problem with them paying them. It's the principle of the thing. The contradictory statements are still boarder line hypocrisy, at least from where I'm standing.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I think the point is just to find more data dumps that are perfectly legal, but probably meant to be taken down by Focus.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

In any event, with the four albums that they have up there now, AIO is losing a minimum of $87.00. Focus is hurting enough without Faio making it worse. There are people getting layed-off even now.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

I love this website. There is nothing wrong with what they are doing.