~~~ Odyssey Episode Competition: Season 5 RESULTS ~~~

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
shadowdog
Still standing tall

~~~ Odyssey Episode Competition: Season 5 RESULTS ~~~

Post by shadowdog »

We have the results of Season 5 of the Odyssey Episode Competition!!
Thank you so much to all who voted.

And now... *drum roll please* ...

RESULTS:

10th Place- Stage Fright
9th Place- My Favorite Thing
8th Place- Target of the Week
7th Place- The Y.A.K. Problem
6th Place- The Tangled Web
5th Place- Rights, Wrongs, and Reasons
4th Place- Always
3rd Place- Hymn Writers
Runner-up- Strange Boy in a Strange Land
Champion- The Painting

Results from finale poll:

The Painting- 56%
Strange Boy in a Strange Land- 44%

Any surprises??

Which episode was your favorite?

Once again, thank you to all of the voters!
It wouldn't be possible without you!!

What do you guys think of a Season 6? I need ideas/opinions/comments

THANKS!

Season One
Season One FINALE
Season One RESTULTS
Season Two
Season Two FINALE
Season Two RESULTS
Season Three
Season Three WILDCARD
Season Three FINALE
Season Three RESULTS
Season Four
Season Four FINALE
Season Five
Season Five FINALE
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

I guess the thing that surprised me is that "The Tangled Web" didn't go further than it did, and that "Hymn Writers" made it so far. I've always been fond of "Rights, Wrongs, and Reasons" for some reason, and "Always" nearly won one of the previous competitions, but I'm not sure that's exactly how I would order those episodes myself.

I do think "The Painting" is one of the best episodes in this competition, though, and having voted for it, I'm not disappointed that it won. While "Strange Boy" was a good episode, I don't think it was like 71-points great. I mean, that's more points than any other episode has gotten in this competition's history, but I'd say that all of the other episodes that've made it to the finale in the past are at least as good as it is.

As far as a season 6 goes, I'm honestly not sure. I think either an "early classics" (featuring ones from like the first three or four albums) or "relaunch" format might be interesting. In that look back they did on the video blog a little while ago, they said "The Day Independence Came" was one of their most popular episodes at the time (1989), and I think that's intriguing because I'm not sure it's such a renowned episode nowadays. Sure, everyone's heard of it, but I don't think it's quite as popular as it was ten or twenty years ago, and I'm not sure anyone would still have it on their top ten episodes list today -- however, at the same time, there's a lot of greats from that era that are still considered to be great, like "Connie" and "The Last Great Adventure of the Summer".

Likewise, now that album 54 is done, I think we have enough material to come up with a nice ranking of relaunch episodes, and although I suspect that virtually all of the top ones would feature Jay Smouse, it'd probably still be an interesting exercise.
Last edited by Bob on Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I was surprised that The Painting made it so far and eventually won.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Sounds pretty good, I think...I never liked Hymn writers that much, so of course I don't think it should be quite so highly placed, but the rest I'm ok with. And in response to Bob's comment about relaunching old eps, I'm very not ok with that! Let them be epic in their own way and come up with new ideas.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

I think you misread my comment. I was actually trying to say that I think the next episode competition could focus on either the classic episodes, or the relaunch episodes -- not that the actual Odyssey team in Colorado should remake the old episodes for any reason.

(And yes, for the record, I agree that throwing away what they have now to remake old episodes would be a terrible idea.)
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

You do a wonder job with these contests shadowdog. I'm surprised that "The Painting" won but that's also what I voted for. In the competition "Strange Boy in a Strange Land" had so many points I figured it would have won! But the best prevailed!