Spotting (or hearing) AIO Actors

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Does anyone recognize the first name on this list talking about former 1980's TV Child Stars ? Tiffany Brissette .

http://shine.yahoo.com/photos/where-are ... slideshow/
Last edited by Jimmy Barclay Fan on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I was watching this kind of lame movie last night called "First Daughter", and Natalie O'Hare (Jenny Whittaker and Mary Hopkins) showed up as this weird and rather creepy old lady. It was sort of bizarre hearing "Jenny" say that stuff. :p And she didn't look at all like I imagined Jenny. :noway:
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

On an Animaniacs skit I was watching recently, "The Brave Little Trailer", there was a familiar sounding voice. Lo and behold, it was Andre Stojka, doing the voice of the narrator/trailer.
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

jesusfreak wrote:Speaking of Melissa Disney, I was her in a short film called Butterfly Circus! It is fabulous! If you have some time, sit down and watch it. Melts my heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p98KAEif3bI
Not sure I caught Melissa Disney but that was an amazing short film. That made my day so much better. Incredible.
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

I have another one! I was watching The Ghost & Mr. Chicken this weekend. It's an hilarious old comedy starring Don Knotts. At the beginning of the movie, a man (the town drunk) gets knocked out and is thought dead. He later comes into the police station to disprove this theory. The actor that played him was Hal Smith! And he looked a lot different back then than when he was voicing for Odyssey.
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Wow, what's with Hal Smith and voicing old town drunks? :-k
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

In The Ghost & Mr. Chicken, Hal just reprised his role as Otis Campbell from Andy Griffith, basically. He was such a good actor on the show and brought so much humor to it, that when they needed a "town drunk" for a short scene, it was kind of obvious, as Hal Smith had already worked with Don Knotts before. Both Don and Andy, (or so I've heard,) said that in real life Hal was just the opposite of the character he played.
---Jeff Fugate
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I did not realize that Hal Smith was the drunk in The Ghost and Mr. Chicken--I love that movie, by the way. So, I found the clip on youtube and watched.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

We watched "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" the other day, and I happened to spot Kimmy Robertson! \:D/
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
RileyTomTimothy
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by RileyTomTimothy »

jesusfreak wrote:I was watching Boy Meets World this evening with my roommate and Dave Madden was a guest star! My roommate was definitely not as excited as I was. I definitely earned some major nerd points with her this evening. Where are some other places that you have heard our AIO friends?

I remember that! I flipped when I saw that last year!

-- Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:01 pm --

One of Walker Edmiston's last roles was as Fire Lord Azulon during a flashback episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

HE WHAT?!?!?!? I never caught that! Now I'm going to have to listen to the comparisons!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

It was great watching Andy Griffith and spotting Janet Waldo in the episode. =D I was just like, "Joanne!!"
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Woody

Post by Woody »

snubs wrote:It was great watching Andy Griffith and spotting Janet Waldo in the episode. =D I was just like, "Joanne!!"
=O Which episode??? \:D/
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Woody wrote:
snubs wrote:It was great watching Andy Griffith and spotting Janet Waldo in the episode. =D I was just like, "Joanne!!"
It's in Season 3 and the episode is called A Wife for Andy. :)
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Woody

Post by Woody »

snubs wrote:
Woody wrote:
It's in Season 3 and the episode is called A Wife for Andy. :)
I've seen that episode, but I never noticed Janet Waldo. Hmm... guess I'll have to re-watch it. =]
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I saw Alan Young on an episode of Murder, She Wrote this week! I think it was an early episode, but he did not look all that different from when he was on Mr. Ed. Just older.......not heavy, and not white haired. I felt like I was seeing an old friend.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Watched Home Alone and saw Bill Erwin playing the old man at the airport in London.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

remind me who Bill Erwin is?
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

He played Moses in "Moses: The Passover, Part 2" and "Hallowed Be Thy Name", as well as Borealis Walton on "Feud For Thought".
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

I got Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two for Christmas, and Audrey Wasilewski does the voice of Ortensia the Cat.
---Jeff Fugate
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

TigerintheShadows wrote:He played Moses in "Moses: The Passover, Part 2" and "Hallowed Be Thy Name", as well as Borealis Walton on "Feud For Thought".
ah, of course.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden