Favorite AIO couple?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Humby
Tallying up

Post by Humby »

Jack and Lucy are a cute couple. :inlove:
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Either Bart and Doris Rathbone or Jason and Monica. It will happen one day!
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I've also got a soft spot for Bernard/Maude. "Prequels of Love" is wonderful because we hear that relationship dynamic that we didn't often hear between them. (Also, barnyard animal noises and tests asking if the taker has a fear of cereal. Makes my day every time I hear it.)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Trandy all the way! I mean, c'mon? What else is there?
TigerintheShadows wrote:I've also got a soft spot for Bernard/Maude. "Prequels of Love" is wonderful because we hear that relationship dynamic that we didn't often hear between them. (Also, barnyard animal noises and tests asking if the taker has a fear of cereal. Makes my day every time I hear it.)
Oh, yessss. Bernard and Maude. I forgot about those two. Often overlooked, but they have this hilarious relationship that brings something wonderful to the table.
TigerintheShadows

Joy wrote:Trandy all the way! I mean, c'mon? What else is there?
//pokes You are my new best friend. :hug:
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Thankyouverymuch.
They aren't technically an official couple yet. Besides the whole "they're married in the future" thing.
But stiiill. You cannot ignore that Trandy is one of the best things ever to grace the fair town of Odyssey. (the fictional town, not the message board I am currently posting this on)
TigerintheShadows

They need to be, though. (That's my subliminal message to the AIO team to BRING BACK MY BABIES LIKE NOW but I'm feeling subtle today).

I mean, where would we be without a romance involving old journals, mistaken valentines, pressed and dried flowers, dropped spoon proposals, "Most Studious" awards, and disastrous radio plays? :noway:
AIO tumblr sideblog
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Okay. Here are my picks in order of likeness. Nice topic by the way, Vic. =]
  • 1. JACK AND JOAAAAANNNNE: I love those two, they just have such chemistry and they feel realistic.
    2. John Whittaker and Jenny: Again, another realistic genuine couple. <3 Plus I love the voice actors that played their young versions.
    3. Eugene and Katrina: I ONLY liked them when they had the first actor who played Katrina. After she got a new voice, I really didn't like them (or Katrina) as a couple. =[
    4. George and Mary Barclay: I enjoyed them the bast as a 'family couple' (with children). They felt real and had real discussions. They also showed they really love each other without being sappy and fake.
    5. Wooton and Penny: Though both characters seem a bit unrealistic (ESPECIALLY WOOTON, oy) they have great moments as individual characters, and work great together. I couldn't see anyone else with Wooton. ;)
    6. Tom and Agnes Riley: How can you not love them? They show great love for each other in a real way.
    6. Bart and Doris Rathbone: They are just great together. And hilarious. \:D/
    6. Bernard and Maude: They have a nice story and Bernard is great. =p Plus, who DOESN'T love Chris as Maude?!?! =D
    7. Mitch and Connie: I enjoyed them together and they felt real...most of the time. But even though I liked them as a couple I am SO glad they didn't get married.

Yes, number 6 is a three-way tie.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

TigerintheShadows wrote:They need to be, though. (That's my subliminal message to the AIO team to BRING BACK MY BABIES LIKE NOW but I'm feeling subtle today).

I mean, where would we be without a romance involving old journals, mistaken valentines, pressed and dried flowers, dropped spoon proposals, "Most Studious" awards, and disastrous radio plays? :noway:
/\ This this this.

I feel like if we keep bothering the AIO writing staff about it, eventually they'll hear our plea and bring back the wonderful Trandiness. Look what happened with Mitch! It gives me hope.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Yeah, but Mitch was only back for a couple of episodes basically to close the Mitch/Connie faction............to leave room for Connie and Jason............Connie and Jason.................(sending mental telepathy as well)
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
TigerintheShadows

Trandy...Trandy...Trandy...

Hey, Smaug, you got any Novaboxes we can use?
AIO tumblr sideblog
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Mr. Whittaker and Jenny
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Hee hee -Whit and Lucia . Talk about opposites attracting.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Humby wrote:Jack and Lucy are a cute couple. :inlove:
This. :D

So many good couples, but I think I like the ones that pretty much fly under the radar most of the time. (Bernard & Maude for example). However, it wouldn't be Odyssey without the whole lot of them and the variety that each couple brings.
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
TigerintheShadows

Um, is it wrong that I actually am developing a certain fondness for Barrett/Priscilla? :anxious:
AIO tumblr sideblog
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I like Barrett, but Priscilla still needs to grow on me. Something about her seems... flat. I don't get any sense of personality from her.
TigerintheShadows

//nodnod I like them together, but Priscilla needs a personality besides "sweet girl with a crush on Barrett".
AIO tumblr sideblog
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Lucy and Richard. :inlove:
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Trandy :inlove:
and Jack and Joanne
Last edited by Graces4you on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

I'm definitely on the Jason and Connie bandwagon! Jason could get hired part time at the Odyssey police as a detective if he feels the need to get into catching bad guys again.