Favorite AIO couple?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Vic
29K to go!

Favorite AIO couple?

Post by Vic »

Hey,

I'm new to ToO and this is the first topic I've ever posted. (I'm a bit nervous...)

Alright, so who is your favorite couple from Odyssey? I don't care how weird it may be! I want to hear all opinions.

My OTP (one true pairing) is Jason and Tasha. It feels wrong shipping a Christian and non-Christian but I can't help it. I love their chemistry. I love every episode that they're in. <3
This is my humble blog: http://aiothoughts.blogspot.com/
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Connie and Mitch. Period.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

I go with both cause I can't decide
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Jason and Monica Stone. Well, I know they weren't a real couple, but something I would've liked to happen. :anxious:
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

May still happen with Jason coming back to Odyssey anything can happen
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I have to go with 2 choices:
Eugene and Katrina--it took a long time, but we got to see their relationship develop from the very beginning, over many years, through good and bad, including numerous obstacles.

Ed and Elaine Washington--as far as couples from the families of Odyssey(followed closely by the Barkleys and the Parkers). I've just always liked their dynamic together--light-hearted bantering as well as serious discussions and working together to make important decisions.

Runner-ups
Rachel and Steven Straussburg--one of the Odyssey family couples, but we get to see them go through real life struggles
Jack and Joanne--who doesn't love them? They're just so cute together
Power Boy and Beth the Barbarian--Wooton's imagination. Enough said.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
whittaker96
Gold Member

Post by whittaker96 »

Welcome to the ToO, Vic!

The actors for Ed and Elaine Washington were casted differently. Instead of creating the characters first and then casting, they casted their favorite actors and put them together into a family. I think it worked wonderfully, because the chemistry between the Washingtons is wonderful.

Thankfully, the Odyssey team decided to keep Janet Waldo on Odyssey, because Jack and Joanne provide elegant wisdom to everyone in Odyssey while keeping a relationship that feels timeless and amusing. They love each other very much and are always willing to help the others out.

Very close to picking Eugene and Katrina.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Eugene and Katrina are probably my top favorite. Following then would be George and Mary Barclay.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Vic
29K to go!

Post by Vic »

I never heard that about Ed and Elaine! No wonder they're so enjoyable to listen to.

Jack and Joanne are the best! :D I love it when older people get married.

It's hard not to love Eugene and Katrina because they're the FIRST Odyssey couple. It forever for them to get to the alter (maybe not in Odyssey years though) but I enjoyed listening to it.

Connie and Mitch are great. I know a lot of people think that their relationship was childish and sappy but there were a number of sweet moments that made me fall in love with them.

When I heard about the Novacom saga, I thought that I would hate Monica Stone. I ended up really liking her so I don't mind Jason/Monica. (Not as good as Jason/Tasha in my opinion but I can see where people are coming from)
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Trent/Mandy. Because nerd love is the best kind.

AIO shipping...possibly the only civil shipping fandom there is.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
jesusfreak
OK

Post by jesusfreak »

H Tide wrote:Jason and Monica Stone. Well, I know they weren't a real couple, but something I would've liked to happen. :anxious:
That was my first thought when I saw this thread, but I didn't think anyone would think of it! I think Jason really needs an equal, and that's why we all liked Monica and Tasha so much.
Honey Wheeler
OK

Post by Honey Wheeler »

Woody wrote:Connie and Mitch. Period.

I must agree, completely.

I love words. I love to sing them and speak them and even now, I must admit, I have fallen into the joy of writing them.
~Anne Rice
fiddlergirlsusy
Just visiting

Post by fiddlergirlsusy »

I would have to say that my top choice is Eugene and Katrina. Although many people thought that Eugene and Connie should go together, I thought Eugene and Katrina were perfect for each other, and I'm glad they got married! I also really liked Connie and Mitch together. I don't wish that they got married, but I wish their relationship lasted a little longer than it did.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Johnny Depp and Taps are my favorite ToO Couple :yes:
Vic
29K to go!

Post by Vic »

Nice one, Taps. I sure you two will be very happy together.

@fiddlergirlsusy I totally agree with you. I didn't want Connie and Mitch to get married but I wish they had lasted a bit longer.
This is my humble blog: http://aiothoughts.blogspot.com/
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

1. Eugene and Katrina: Because they are so perfect and we've seen their relationship grow from 1994 until today still.
2. Whit and Jenny: We've seen bits and pieces of their whole life together, all the way until Jenny's death and beyond, and know how much they still loved each other.
3. Bart and Doris: Because pork rinds and life insurance and phone scams.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Post by AshleyWhittaker »

Jason and Connie!!! They are MADE for eachother!!! Why doesn't anyone ever agree with me?! Ok, a current AIO couple... um... probably Wooten and Penny :)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

*obligatory Whit & Ham post*
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

*Obligatory lyrics for all the people who don't know Top*
Old man, in a small town
Always smiling, never revealing a frown
But years ago, his Jenny died
You’d never know, but so many nights he cried
Until one day, God had a new plan…
That’s the day that Whit met…

Chorus:

Ham! Ham! Ham!
They go together like peanut butter and jam!
Whit and Ham! Ham! Ham!
No other meat could make him complete!
Nothing like Ham! Ham! Ham!

Verse 2:

Odyssey found it all a surprise
For ham was a meat that they did despise
How could Whit marry this food?
It couldn’t be prudent! It couldn’t be good!
His friends, they just couldn’t comprehend…
Perhaps Whit had finally reached his wit’s end…

They don’t know love! They don’t know truth!
They won’t believe without some more proof…

And they don’t know… the love Whit has for…

Chorus:

Ham! Ham! Ham!
They go together like peanut butter and jam!
Whit and Ham! Ham! Ham!
No other meat could make him complete!
Nothing like Ham! Ham! Ham!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

AshleyWhittaker wrote:Jason and Connie!!! They are MADE for eachother!!! Why doesn't anyone ever agree with me?! Ok, a current AIO couple... um... probably Wooten and Penny :)
I agree, I agree, I keep saying the same thing. I thought Wooten and Penny were on the back burner, unless thereis something new in the new album.........In Something Old, Something New they seemed like "just friends".

as for the original question, Jack and Joanne because they showed that mature people can still have a new romance. Edward and Elaine for chemistry. Eugene and Katrina for ups and downs. Being an adult listener for the entire run of odyssey, I never got into the "kid" romances though they were cute. I liked Wooten and Victoria but then you have the christian/non christian thing. I would like to see her pop up and light a fire under Penny if that is the direction the writers are taking Wooten/Penny.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden