Most Moving Scene?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

The Once-ler wrote:When "Mr. Whit" has to leave Clara.

That one has stuck with me for years.
Yeah, that one's suuuuper touching. <3 but I don't think I ever cried over it. :/
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

The Once-ler wrote:Why?
Because Snow DeWight's father comes in to rescue her?
I agree that it is a touching scene... I've never cried over it though.
No. Simply because that episode is ssssssssssssooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo horrible.
he/him | a little stinker.
Vic
29K to go!

Post by Vic »

Batman wrote:
No. Simply because that episode is ssssssssssssooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo horrible.
Wow, Batman. Tell us how you really feel.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Vic wrote:
Batman wrote:
Wow, Batman. Tell us how you really feel.
Okay. Like that episode is rrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy horrible.
he/him | a little stinker.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I remember back when I listened to Album 25 for the first time. From Eugene's conversion to Blackgaard's demise, it was by far the most emotional journey I've had listening to Odyssey. I think I stopped listening not long after because nothing else they produced even compared.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Vic
29K to go!

Post by Vic »

Tyler Durden wrote:I remember back when I listened to Album 25 for the first time. From Eugene's conversion to Blackgaard's demise, it was by far the most emotional journey I've had listening to Odyssey. I think I stopped listening not long after because nothing else they produced even compared.
DBD is a tough act to follow...I can see where you're coming from.

-- Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:23 pm --

Another episode that brings tears to my eyes is "It Is Well". I just listened to it yesterday and I fell in love with it again.
This is my humble blog: http://aiothoughts.blogspot.com/
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

One of the most moving scenes for me is when Katrina leaves Eugene in The Turning Point.

Also moving: Jack giving Connie a hug in A Touch of Healing and reminding her of "the things Whit taught you."
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I'd have to say the scene in Home, Sweet Home where Connie and Whit meet again after so long.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Karen, which I haven't listened to in a LONG time because it's on tape for me, always got me emotional. And the Homecoming ALWAYS gets to me. Sometimes The Last Resort too.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

The part in "Plan B, Part 3: Cross-fire" where Whit takes Connie home after her questioning about Mitch's death. Whit asks her if she's okay, she says she's fine, she walks up toward her house...and then she runs back into the car, sobbing about how she is most definitely not okay. Katie Leigh and Paul Herlinger...and that scene...just...man.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

The episodes when Eugene comes back..

The part when Connie cries with Katrina made me tear up.
The part when Eugene realizes that he would be sad if he wouldn't be able to get his memory back.
The scene with Eugene sounding so desperate because the imagination station didn't get his memory back.

The episode Gone... made me tear up too.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Vic
29K to go!

Post by Vic »

Kaida wrote:The episodes when Eugene comes back..

The part when Connie cries with Katrina made me tear up.
The part when Eugene realizes that he would be sad if he wouldn't be able to get his memory back.
The scene with Eugene sounding so desperate because the imagination station didn't get his memory back.

The episode Gone... made me tear up too.
Good choices. There are quite a lot of tearjerking scenes in Odyssey. Those writers love to torture us.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Vic wrote: Good choices. There are quite a lot of tearjerking scenes in Odyssey. Those writers love to torture us.
I know right. How dare they?! ;)
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Sparrow
Processing

Post by Sparrow »

Why has no one mentioned Jenny's death? :x You all are failures as Odyssey fans, and heartless as well. :noway:
Vic
29K to go!

Post by Vic »

Sparrow wrote:Why has no one mentioned Jenny's death? :x You all are failures as Odyssey fans, and heartless as well. :noway:
Oh, dude. I JUST listened to that one yesterday and I was a basket case of emotions. What brought tears to my eyes wasn't her death but her interactions with Whit during that meeting. They were just talking but the actors' chemistry was so good that I thought that they were actually married. It made me emotional because I realized that Whit's been on his own for a while and he must miss Jenny so much. And that episode further proved what a great actor Walker Edmiston. When he totally owned Whit with that one line "I'm sure you knew your wife better than anyone. It's too bad that she couldn't say the same about you", I got chills. Great episode.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Bump!

It's been quite awhile since I visited this part of the forum. Hey everyone! \:D/

In light of an upcoming project, I was hoping to reacquaint myself with the show, crash-course style. Sadly, even though I used to own all the albums at one point in my life, my memory is something of a garbage dump and my younger siblings have since inherited all of my AIO stuff. Outside of the internet, I have pretty much nothing to reference to. :(

The memories that have stuck with me, however, were those scenes that moved beyond the every day, small town life of churches and soda shops and touched on something deep inside the soul. For example, I can vividly recall the entirety of Someone To Watch Over Me. Somehow, it seemed to take you somewhere that the Imagination Station could never go. It was special.

I can also recall the engaging good vs. evil scenario in the Darkness Before Dawn album, as well as the searing drama of the Novacom episodes. These episodes did so much to shape my love for story and dramatization at a young age.

With that theme in mind, vague as it may seem, I want the suggestions to keep coming! Which Odyssey episodes seem to do something 'magical' to you when you listen to it, in a way that most of the episodes don't? Which ones stand at a high place in your heart?
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Not really moving, per se, but just about any given episode from Album 44-49 or so really gets the nostalgia feels going. Those are the characters I really grew up with and with whom I developed that connection--they feel like real people to me. It feels like that old Saturday morning cartoon, you know? The one you can just turn on and watch and everyone's living their lives and having struggles but it's awesome at the same time...I really can't describe it except NOSTALGIA CHILDHOOD FEELS at this point.

Also: people have mentioned Eugene's actual conversion scene being touching, but I actually thought the scene leading up to it was the emotionally powerful one. Eugene's conversion scene is the one where it actually reaches that end point, but the scene in the Imagination Station--especially with Eugene being lost at the beginning and trusting Whit to tell him what to do--is the one that really gets me. We're seeing it all--all of the distractions that had to be stripped away, the comfort zones that were gone, to get Eugene to the point where it was simply him and God. It's a beautiful scene.

I found the last part of "The Highest Stakes: Part II" to be really awesome, mostly because of Kristi pointing out how much Grady has grown from the start of his journey in Odyssey, and how true that actually is as shown in the episode. I really enjoyed, too, how much of the episode was devoted to contrasting what a father should be to what Carson McKay actually was.

(Actually, just forget it. All of Album 49 is beautiful. Every. Single. Episode.)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

I officially rank Connie's mother dying the most moving scene.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

One scene that comes to mind is in The Mortal Coil, when Tom is sitting at Whit's bedside and talking to him about death.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

Boy, so many good ones but I still have to pick the scene at the end of Greater Love where P.D. tells Tom how sorry he was for Timmy's death and how he got saved, comparing Timmy's sacrifice to Christ's. Great acting from the guy playing P.D. and of course Walker Edmiston.
Exercise Daily-Walk with The Lord!