Novacom's takeover has really begun!

Some weird, creepy stuff I found online......

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Novacom's takeover has really begun!

Post by AIO Psyche »

Sound familiar?
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... y_brain_dc

If this doesn't make you start to sweat, then nothing will! It's pretty scary how much power these people are developing.......
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I just try to keep my trust in the Lord so that new things don't scare me. Besides, the Bible assures us that no one can pluck us from the Father's Hand so even mind-control on me won't threaten my salvation.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

I'm not sure I'd want to play something like that.
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Yeah same here, although, a type of realistic VR (like the Imagination Station) would be pretty sweet.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

A real-life version of RWS is also underway. So far it can be used for basic drawing and typing.
Bernard Walton
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Bernard Walton »

Well, shoot the horse and slap me silly. That newfounded technology is getting rediculous! WHO NEEDS TO SMELL A VIDEO GAME!? Eugene, maybe, but not me. I don't even like to look at them. I wish people would just use thier imaginations... but that's asking too much, isn't it? :p
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

It's still in the testing stages, though and this will be geard toward specific people aka gamers. At the moment I'm not going to worry about it.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:I'm not sure I'd want to play something like that.
Me neither. I'm happy living in the real world thank you.

-Jonathan
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

So thats why your posting in a fake town talking with fake people? No offense Bernard.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Oooh. Muntz has a point. ;)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

muwahaha im the head i will take over the world
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:I'm not sure I'd want to play something like that.
I wouldn't.
Jeremy Cartwood
Animatronic

Post by Jeremy Cartwood »

That is freaky. But while this point could be both completely right or completely wrong, all I think is that just because the scriptwriters at AIO came up with something that parallels something in real life, it doesn't mean that the same outcome will happen. If you think about it, the only time anything like that has turned into something evil is in books, movies, etc. But that is freaky.
Jeremy Cartwood
Animatronic

Post by Jeremy Cartwood »

Let's all try to retain calm, collected mind.... AAAAAHHHH!!!!
One I Froggy
My posts are revolutionary

Post by One I Froggy »

I personally do not think I would play with some that. But, if we keep in mind that everything that is popular now used to thought of as bad.
My dad still thinks cordless phones are of the devil.
Everything in moderation is the key... tv can be bad if you watch too much, computers if you become addicted.
But definately after hearing AIO, I would be afraid of side effects of such equipment.
Also, we have to keep in mind that it may help some disabled people. Since my mom is blind, I don't know if I can dismiss all of the technology as quickly as the rest of you. If this can change her life for the better, then it might be worth trying. But then again, thats what Tom thought when he had Angus go through with her treatment...
I don't know...Im torn.
Last edited by One I Froggy on Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

You all have good points! I agree, that everyone thought that TV was an evil, sadistic thing when it came out. But TVs don't beam signals into your brain. What would keep Sony from slipping a subliminal message into that beam into your brain? Or any other company that had technology like that? I don't know. When corperations start messing with the mind, red flags go up.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

AIO PSYCHE wrote:I agree, that everyone thought that TV was an evil, sadistic thing when it came out.
Considering how much trash is on there nowadays...But I do see your points and agree.

-Jonathan
Me
An original

Post by Me »

AIO PSYCHE wrote:You all have good points! I agree, that everyone thought that TV was an evil, sadistic thing when it came out. But TVs don't beam signals into your brain. What would keep Sony from slipping a subliminal message into that beam into your brain? Or any other company that had technology like that? I don't know. When corperations start messing with the mind, red flags go up.
But subliminal messaging used to be used in tv and movies, where somewhere in the segment, a transparent add or image would flash for one frame. It was virtually unnoticeable, but your eye picked it up, and your brain registered something about the product.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

True, but I think the point is that this new technology could be used for that purpose.

-Jonathan
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Indeed it could, and to a greater extent. I just wanted to point out that similar things used to take place in other mediums.