So is Whit no longer a WWII veteran?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Dr. Who and Odyssey should do a crossover :x
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

Well, now that I think about it I do remember the writers saying something about the characters always finding hidden rooms and everything. Maybe all of Whit's End is a Tardis. That's why people do not age who spend most of their time there. Jimmy grows up when he is away, while Connie spends most of her time there and stays the same age.
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I just realized that we've heard from older Jimmy, but not older Donna. I wouldn't be surprised if she has a kid now.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Whit is no longer a WWII Vet, because it was revealed that he died in the war.
he/him | a little stinker.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Steve wrote:Whit is no longer a WWII Vet, because it was revealed that he died in the war.
No, he was shot, and has been dreaming of a place called Odyssey for 70 years.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

While in the real world, Jack married Jenny, Connie is in a California prison, Regis and his family run international corportations, and Eugene and Katrina currently live in Florida with their four kids.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Blessed Cheesemaker wrote:Well, now that I think about it I do remember the writers saying something about the characters always finding hidden rooms and everything. Maybe all of Whit's End is a Tardis. That's why people do not age who spend most of their time there. Jimmy grows up when he is away, while Connie spends most of her time there and stays the same age.
*GASP*
And both Jared and Trent DeWhite never really grew up, until the whole Witness Protection Program thing, and then they came back all growed up...

That's GOT to be it!

You guys are so smart.

\:D/ :mrgreen: :D
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Vic
29K to go!

Post by Vic »

DanP740 wrote:While in the real world, Jack married Jenny, Connie is in a California prison, Regis and his family run international corportations, and Eugene and Katrina currently live in Florida with their four kids.
Ohmigosh. This needs to be made. I love AUs.
This is my humble blog: http://aiothoughts.blogspot.com/
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

But of course, Connie, Eugene, and Katrina never became Christians...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Taps

Post by Taps »

Yeah. And NovaCom was never stopped...
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

Taps wrote:Yeah. And NovaCom was never stopped...
And since Jason wasn't born, neither was the Green Ring Conspiracy, or Mr. Grote. Of course, if Whit never stopped Novacom, I suppose Mr. Grote wouldn't have been that significant since he'd have been brainwashed with the rest of the world.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Dallas R. wrote:
Taps wrote:Yeah. And NovaCom was never stopped...
And since Jason wasn't born, neither was the Green Ring Conspiracy, or Mr. Grote. Of course, if Whit never stopped Novacom, I suppose Mr. Grote wouldn't have been that significant since he'd have been brainwashed with the rest of the world.
Actually, I've was thinking about this before it was posted. Eugene and Katrine would've still gotten together, even though neither would be a Christian. Eugene would've still done his research, but Whit would've never made the Imagination Station, so maybe Novacom would've never had the hardware to accomplish their goals. Also, Monty couldn't have stopped the Green Ring, but Jason couldn't have help start it either. The Fillmore would've been lost, so the treasure of LeMonde, the Odyssey bank robbery of 1946, and the Ross family's escape from the US would've been unsolved mysteries for all time. Kenneth Anderson would never escape his uncles clutches, as he would never see the Whit's End magazine article to lead him to Odyssey.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

but Novacom would never have happened because Mr Whitaker didn't invent the imagination station
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Novacom itself would still be around, they just wouldn't have made the Novabox.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Woody

Post by Woody »

Pretty much no episode could happen if Whit wasn't there.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Blitz wrote:but Novacom would never have happened because Mr Whitaker didn't invent the imagination station
That's what I said.
Woody wrote:Pretty much no episode could happen if Whit wasn't there.
A Change of Hart could happen, because it involves no characters even heard again on any other episode, and never mentions Whit's End.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Mockingbird
A Grieving Renegade
Location: Running after the reckless protagonist of "Shattering the Dark."

Post by Mockingbird »

* grins *

What if Whit's End is a TARDIS in his dream? Hence no one gets older, etc. =D
Last edited by Mockingbird on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do." --To Kill a Mockingbird

Thanks to snubs for the awesome siggy! ^^;;
Taps

Post by Taps »

So, there was never any Applesauce either.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

I wonder how Wooton and his comic career would've been affected.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Can't we just say that Whit is a Time Lord? Hal, Paul and Andre have been his first 3 incarnations, and Whit puts the IS in TARDIS!

(Also, that's why he loves everyone so much; he's got 2 hearts!)
You stole my post, I was going to say that!

You just sort of have to suspend your sense of time since Odyssey has lasted way longer than anyone ever thought it would. Just enjoy the shows for what they are. Whit, Connie, Eugene, and Katrina seem to have a found a fountain of youth and barely age (I only say that because Eugene and Katrina seem to be maturing at a very slow rate). Connie is still single and working at Whit´s End which is why it would be nice to see her have a romance so that SOMETHING happens in her life. On one had I would like to see Whit get married, but that would change the dynamics too much I think. As my former boss said, you have to practice a "willful sense of belief" it is what allows us to watch cartoons.

-- 26 Sep 2012 05:54 pm --
Leonard Meltsner wrote:Can't we just say that Whit is a Time Lord? Hal, Paul and Andre have been his first 3 incarnations, and Whit puts the IS in TARDIS!

(Also, that's why he loves everyone so much; he's got 2 hearts!)
I wrote a nice long post agreeing with you, but then my computer crashed and I lost it. This is the only theory that works. Or Whit, Connie, Eugene and Katrina have been using a sarcophagus from StarGate which would be blasphemous.

-- 26 Sep 2012 06:00 pm --
Blessed Cheesemaker wrote:Well, now that I think about it I do remember the writers saying something about the characters always finding hidden rooms and everything. Maybe all of Whit's End is a Tardis. That's why people do not age who spend most of their time there. Jimmy grows up when he is away, while Connie spends most of her time there and stays the same age.
ah....so that is it.

-- 26 Sep 2012 06:03 pm --
Vic wrote:Odyssey is both a geographical and time oddity. We just have to accept this fact and move on.
I do not see why people say Odyssey is "nowhere". Odyssey is in Ohio as clearly stated in Family Portraits. However, I can see Whits End as a pocket universe.........you never age when you are actually there. But what about the second Whit´s End in Connelsville? That does not seem to have the same power. I do not think it even had its own imagination station.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden