Anti-Christ Villain

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
tuneup
I'm fifteen, mom!

Anti-Christ Villain

Post by tuneup »

Hi. I'm new.

I was wondering in the next AIO album after album 56, will there be an anti-christ villain like Nicholai from Left Behind?

He'd be even dangerous than Blackgaard, Novacom and the Green Ring.

He'd gather Jay, Vance King, Valerie and Rodney Rathbone as his minions since they don't believe in Christ and are aethiests. The villain would even bring Bryan Dern as one of his henchmen.

I also wanna see Tasha return along with Richard and Edwin who should be back as Christians.
Last edited by tuneup on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I personally do not anticipate this occurring.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

We absolutely do not need Left Behind in Adventures in Odyssey. The two of them are and should be completely and totally separate. It is up to the producers and writers as to who comes back and who doesn't. Personally I think enough of the early characters have come back.
Last edited by Laurie on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

This could probably be really funny if they cast Harlow Doyle as the Antichrist.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I wouldn't mind a one-off episode kind of based on the old one with Robyn I think it was, since Harold Camping has been in the news recently... but not an actual big story-arc about it.

...I mean if you introduce the antichrist into Odyssey, you are kind of limiting what you can do with the show since the Great Tribulation would be ongoing. >_> And I don't know Focus's official stance but it seems most major Christian groups are pre-trib rapture so you'd be losing a lot of the cast.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Has Camping been making more claims, or are you referring to the last May/October 2011 thing?

I'm fairly sure, after nothing happened in October, that he said he wouldn't make any more "predictions," so I would be rather surprized if he's making more claims...

Sure, he's rather confused, but I don't think he's a an outright lier... But that's just my own opinion...
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Laurie wrote:We absolutely do not need Left Behind in Adventures in Odyssey. The two of them are and should be completely and totally separate. It is up to the producers and writers as to who comes back and who doesn't. Personally I think enough of the early characters have come back.
^Amen to this statement. (boldface added)
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I'm not sure that a Fantastic Four made up of Jay, Vance, Valerie and Bart would be more dangerous Blackgaard, Novacom, or Groat. I've no doubt that Bart could single-handedly begin the Tribulation, however.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Laurie wrote:We absolutely do not need Left Behind in Adventures in Odyssey.
We absolutely do not need Left Behind anywhere. ;)
~JCGJ~ wrote:so I would be rather surprized if he's making more claims...
I wouldn't be. Not because of Camping personally; I just think that a lot of people will do anything to get their name in the news (exhibit A: the Kardashians).
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:I'm not sure that a Fantastic Four made up of Jay, Vance, Valerie and Bart would be more dangerous Blackgaard, Novacom, or Groat. I've no doubt that Bart could single-handedly begin the Tribulation, however.
Heh heh heh.

...but seriously, uh...

Well, as others said, involving an explicit "Antichrist" figure would sort of necessitate showing the Apocalypse. I don't see it. Besides the fact that that would probably be the end-all and be-all of Adventures in Odyssey, "The Present Long Ago" left me thinking that, well, the future sixty years from now doesn't look too different...

I'd probably have more to say about your choice of henchmen if I knew more about these Jay, Vance and Valerie characters. As it is... I'm pretty sure that Bart Rathbone would not knowingly work for the Antichrist.

I also don't think that the Antichrist would knowingly hire Bart Rathbone. I don't think he would know Bart Rathbone. I don't think he would know Bart Rathbone existed... but now I just have this idea of the Antichrist, whoever he was, visiting the Electric Palace for something or other and Bart Rathbone, just seeing him as another potential customer, trying to scam him.

You know he would. (I have no idea what would come next, though.)
Last edited by Caswin on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
tuneup
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by tuneup »

OOPS! Wrong Rathbone. I meant Rodney!

Think Bart can change to a Christian someday.

If no rapture then the anti-christ can be a villain in a different way or an aethist. Still Jay, Valerie & Vance can be good minions plus Rodney.
The Hippie
Processing

Post by The Hippie »

tuneup wrote:OOPS! Wrong Rathbone. I meant Rodney!

Think Bart can change to a Christian someday.

If no rapture then the anti-christ can be a villain in a different way or an aethist. Still Jay, Valerie & Vance can be good minions plus Rodney.
OH GOD SAVE US FROM THE WRETCHED ATHEISTS!

(Satire)

Love Peace, Love music, Love life.
tuneup
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by tuneup »

Still the anti-christ villain.
Minions: Jay, Valerie, Vance & Rodney Rathbone.

What if he got rid of Glossman and Charles who served Novacom.
TigerintheShadows

American Eagle wrote:This could probably be really funny if they cast Harlow Doyle as the Antichrist.
^^^

All of this. Epic win.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

~JCGJ~ wrote:Has Camping been making more claims, or are you referring to the last May/October 2011 thing?

I'm fairly sure, after nothing happened in October, that he said he wouldn't make any more "predictions," so I would be rather surprized if he's making more claims...

Sure, he's rather confused, but I don't think he's a an outright lier... But that's just my own opinion...
I think December 22 is the "latest". I keep telling hubby that as I am unemployed. That I only need a temp job until December and then we will see if we are still here. Personally, I would love to see AIO put out a promotional CD with The Second Coming and The Jesus Cloth for Halloween packets since that has been going on for the last year or two. I am all for seizing the moment when something like "Will the world really end on December 22?" might grab someone´s attention.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
tuneup
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by tuneup »

I still want an Anti-Christ villain.

With minions as.... Jay, Vance King, Valerie, Rodney Rathbone & Bryan Dern.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

Jay is a good guy. He's not the best but he does good things. He's sort of a semi-antagonist.
~ Walker in Dreams
TigerintheShadows

//nodnod

Jay is an anti-hero. He's a jerk a lot of the time, but he's still a decent guy at heart.

Valerie and Rodney are far too ineffective to be good villains. Valerie is little more than a stereotypical manipulative snob, from what I can gather, and she's not really the "minion" type--she'd want to be the one running the show, or she'd only be looking out for what's in it for her--or both. Meanwhile, Rodney is a schoolyard bully, plain and simple. Schoolyard bullies rarely get far.

Bryan Dern is too hyped up on his own ego to do much. He'd be the type to support "the regime", but aside from occasional radio endorsements, he's probably not getting in on the action himself. Vance King, again, is a bully--a more effective one than Rodney, but a bully nonetheless.

In other words, the antichrist (and I speak this way because it goes for any big villain) is going to use far more effective people than a few middle-school kids, a schoolyard bully who's probably let himself go after all this time, and a radio talk show host.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I seriously doubt that Focus on the Family is going to incorporate an anti-Christ villain in a radio series geared toward children. It's possible but IMHO very unlikely.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
TigerintheShadows

//nodnod

An Antichrist theme (and the idea of something concerning Revelation as a whole) would be much too strong a theme. You mention Blackgaard, Novacom, and GRC in your original post, tuneup, but the fact is, all of those were fictional entities, and even if they felt real, we all knew in the back of our minds that they weren't real. The Antichrist is not a fictional being, just as the Tribulation is not a fictional period, and I think that making such a show would be much too strong for the target audience (which, it should be noted, includes eight-year-olds).
AIO tumblr sideblog