Arem ringtone?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Arem ringtone?

Post by Candy »

I wasn't really sure where to put this... but I figured this would prolly be right...

Does anyone have a ringtone/notification tone of just the AREM sound? If no one does... would anyone want one? Cause I could prolly make one... it'll just take me a bit. Anyone else want it? If/when I make it, I'll upload it to phonezoo. I'll post a link.

But yeah, if someone already did all that... that would be super amazingly awesome. so yeah. lemme know:)
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

If I had a phone, I would be like GIVE IT TO ME!!!!! But yeah, if other people want it, I'll come back in a few years(meaning when I get a phone) to this topic and get the link.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

We have a very low quality copy, but I'm sure there's something better. If there's a clean version in an episode (no talking, other effects, music), it can easily be extracted.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It could also be used for a computer boot up or log on sound.
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

DanP740 wrote:We have a very low quality copy, but I'm sure there's something better. If there's a clean version in an episode (no talking, other effects, music), it can easily be extracted.
I can't quite figure out how to do it.. If someone could figure out how to do it, I could get them the time stamp and episode name. Basically, I know how to do it.. but the program I would be using can't load 35 minute files (such as Odyssey episodes)
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

If you just need it pulled from the episode, I can do it. If you mean making it a ringtone, I have no idea.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Just tell me where, and I can do it really fast, or get Audacity.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I use http://www.myxer.com/make/ to make my own ringtones--you can use any song or audio you have on your computer. In fact, I'll make my own AREM ringtone when I get home tonight. Which episode has the best AREM sound?

I make ringtones all the time with this website because it's so easy and it's fun to have unique and personalized tones. But I've always been stumped as to what AIO clips to use for ringtones since most of it is dialogue.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I believe GarageBand also exports ringtones. I would do it, but I don't have a phone, and Mrs. Whittaker is already going to do it.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

This would be really cool to have. \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

snubs wrote:This would be really cool to have. \:D/
Dito. (This would be really awesome to have. \:D/)
~ Walker in Dreams
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Mrs. Whittaker is already going to do it.
If someone can get tell her the location of a good clip. I thought Candy knew one? Unless I misunderstood.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Ok, so I might not finish this tonight, but soon.

I'm listening through a few episodes to pick out the best one.

Should it be just the sound effect, or the sound effect followed by "Hi there" (or something similar) in AREM voice?
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Mrs Jason Whittaker wrote:Should it be just the sound effect, or the sound effect followed by "Hi there" (or something similar) in AREM voice?
One of each. \:D/
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

bookworm wrote:
Mrs Jason Whittaker wrote:Should it be just the sound effect, or the sound effect followed by "Hi there" (or something similar) in AREM voice?
One of each. \:D/
Yes, do one of each. :yes:
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Ok, that was fun searching through the episodes for a good AREM sound. Most of the time the it's under talking or, in one case, breathing.

I got the best AREM sound alone from Exceptional Circumstances--that's AREM1
And the best AREM sound with talking was from Red Herring when Alex and Cal are searching for him with the police--that's AREM2
Attachments
AREM2[1].mp3
AREM2
(27.19 KiB) Downloaded 384 times
AREM1[1].mp3
AREM1
(13.31 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
-William Booth
AIOCREFan
Gold Member

Post by AIOCREFan »

Sorry you went to all that trouble. I have been meaning to upload these files, but I got busy and forgot. They are the raw sound effects, with no background noise. Anyone guess where I got them?
Attachments
AREMhello.mp3
(111.15 KiB) Downloaded 480 times
AREMbye.mp3
(123.4 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
Last edited by AIOCREFan on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

AIOCREFan wrote:Anyone guess where I got them?
No idea. Where?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

AIOCREFan wrote:Anyone guess where I got them?
A pirate download site! :pirate:
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Mark or Jacob or Nathan?
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent