Album 57: A Call to Something More

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Album 57: A Call to Something More

Post by H Tide »

I've been following the AIO Facebook page and have been eagerly awaiting the little update and photos of the recording session for album 57!! So far, much is being made about a new episode formerly titled Ripples" that's currently being recorded. Brock has also been asking the fans to post questions for Katie, Townsend, and Andre, and he'll pick a few to ask. It's pretty exciting following along the creation of the album as it's in process. :D I am sad we won't get to hear the episodes till when it's released Fall 2013, though.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Fall 2013? That is precisely why I don't get excited when someone posts here that the next album is being recorded. I really wish they didn't make us wait so long.
Last edited by Laurie on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Wait. Why are they taking so long? o_o
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

so they arent doing one in the spring this year?
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

What happened to airing one in the spring? :(
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I'm assuming that with the birthday bash and the Get in the show contest, their schedule was too full to record and produce a new album for the Spring. I think that it was mainly the Get in the show contest that took so much time out of the year, and they wanted the winner to appear on the subsequent album. And since we didn't find out the winner till November, it would be way too rushed to record all the episodes and have the album ready by Spring.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

But remember, there's still a teensy tiny chance that in lieu of the next album, something has been made in secret for the Spring. I'm still eagerly awaiting the probably-never-to-come day when Arin's Judgement is made.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

The facebook updates have been really fun to see/read today. It is kind of frustrating to get so excited when we won't get to hear them for several months. I'm glad they don't do this every time.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

It seems that there is a distinct possibility that the actor who plays Bill Kendall was at the recording session (or at least someone with a very similar name, probably just a typo)
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

^^ That was kind of what I thought. The title of the episode was Life Expectancies, formerly known as Ripples. They indicated that it was a difficult script for Katie (as Connie) and that if they said the name of an actor it would give too much away. It couldn't be Mitch, because they've already brought him back, it couldn't be Jason, because he's already "Home Again," couldn't be a returning villian because that wouldn't lead to a script that's difficult for Connie specifically. A story with Bill Kendall is a strong possibility.

Any other theories?
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

That makes sense now. When Katie said "Allen Burman", AIOWiki had nothing on him. Now I know where the Bill Kendall rumours came from. And it makes sense, considering Katie had a box of tissues, and Bill's been married and likely married again enough times that he could very well have another daughter Connie doesn't know about. Now the real question is:

HOW ARE WE GONNA WAIT UNTIL AUTUMN TO FIND OUT?!?!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Alan Bergman also played Jack Davis' father. :-k
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

My theory is either one of Connie's step moms or her step sister (Shona's character) is dying or seriously ill (It is called Life Expectancies after all) and Connie just finds out about her having a sister!

Also, if this is true, will we hear from June Kendall as well?
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:But remember, there's still a teensy tiny chance that in lieu of the next album, something has been made in secret for the Spring. I'm still eagerly awaiting the probably-never-to-come day when Arin's Judgement is made.
me too. I held out buying Darien´s Rise because I wanted to see if they were going to do the whole series. Did they ever release a title for Album 57? there was all this hype on facebook, then........nothing.........
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

jennifertwt wrote:
Leonard Meltsner wrote:But remember, there's still a teensy tiny chance that in lieu of the next album, something has been made in secret for the Spring. I'm still eagerly awaiting the probably-never-to-come day when Arin's Judgement is made.
me too. I held out buying Darien´s Rise because I wanted to see if they were going to do the whole series. Did they ever release a title for Album 57? there was all this hype on facebook, then........nothing.........
no title for 57 yet, it's still ~8 months away from release and they've only recorded 3/12 episodes still lots of work to be done, I'm not sure if they even know the title for the Album and as far as I know there still is no art for the Album either.
Last edited by Reddo on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Vic
29K to go!

Post by Vic »

I nearly passed out when I heard that the episode is called "Life Expectancies". (And it has some doctors and nurses in it!) I was quite afraid that Whit was a goner. But if Bill Kendall is back then he's mostly likely the one dying. (I'm just glad that Whit's safe) It will be kinda weird if Connie has a long lost half sister or step sister but I'll get over the weirdness. I'm happy with whatever drama AIO throws at us.
This is my humble blog: http://aiothoughts.blogspot.com/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Vic wrote:I nearly passed out when I heard that the episode is called "Life Expectancies". (And it has some doctors and nurses in it!) I was quite afraid that Whit was a goner. But if Bill Kendall is back then he's mostly likely the one dying. (I'm just glad that Whit's safe) It will be kinda weird if Connie has a long lost half sister or step sister but I'll get over the weirdness. I'm happy with whatever drama AIO throws at us.
Yep, bet Bill is dying off. :( He ran out of months to marry at last.

Since Connie has finally started aging it would be kind of interesting if she had a younger half-sibling or something to fill the void teenage role in Whit's End.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Yeah, people started to worry about Bill when he married October.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Yeah, people started to worry about Bill when he married October.
must have missed one. June, April, May...............I have a facebook friend named September.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

I think that Bill Kendall is dying. He probably has cancer or something. As for the possible sister, has anything been said about one? Where is everyone coming up with a sister? I know Shona will be in probably one episode. If Connie has a sister that moves to Odyssey then I would think they would want a permanent actress to play her.

Just had another thought. Maybe Connie's mother dies and that brings Connie's dad back into her life and possibly to the Lord? Oh, that makes me sad now to think of her mom possibly dying. Didn't Connie have an aunt or cousin that was supposed to visit her in an early episode? That was the one about the feathers and bricks I think.