AIO Album 57 "Life Expectancy" discussion

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

AIO Album 57 "Life Expectancy" discussion

Post by AshleyWhittaker »

What are your thoughts on Life Expectancy? I know I'm REALLY excited... for obvious reasons...\:D/
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Well I'm going with the popular theory that Shona is going to be Connie's step-sister through Bill's 27th birthday, or however many wives he's gone through now. Connie needs some character development, and Brock said it's one of the most impactful episodes he's ever heard, so I'm really excited for it. I wish we didn't have another near-year to wait for it...
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Since there's 3 parts to the show, I'm guessing there's probably a subplot as well; unless the main story was really, really, full of content.
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Post by AshleyWhittaker »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Well I'm going with the popular theory that Shona is going to be Connie's step-sister through Bill's 27th birthday, or however many wives he's gone through now. Connie needs some character development, and Brock said it's one of the most impactful episodes he's ever heard, so I'm really excited for it. I wish we didn't have another near-year to wait for it...
"popular theory"? Do a lot of people think that? That would be really interesting lol. But Brock Eastman post on Facebook that Shona's character's name had 11 letters and her first name had 5. (try to follow my logic here if you can lol) He also posted that she was ########'# ######## so I'm guessing that she's someone's daughter, and if her name has 11 letters and her first name has 5, then the person's last name would have 6 letters, right? That would rule out Connie's dad cause his last name is Kendall. 7 letters. :boohoo:
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Wow. I have no idea how I managed to type "birthday" instead of "wife"... anywho, it's the most popular theory I've seen going around. Also, we're all assuming that Brock intended to put a specific number of octothorpes in that status, and it wasn't meant to be some random number of spaces.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

Well, I also heard that this was a hard script for Katie, and in the info it says Connie must turn tragedy into triumph. While I am dead set against this, what if it is Bill..and a new wife..and step daughter..and Bill is...dying...

Not to bring every fan down or anything. :anxious:
merp.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Perhaps this is a "what are you going to do with the time you have left" kind of feel. With a title like "Life Expectancy", I can't help but think that this could involve the death of Bill (or possibly June) and Connie realizes her own mortality, understanding that she could die at any moment and that she should live her life to the fullest that she can.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog