Groundhog Day and Super bowl

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Groundhog Day and Super bowl

Post by jennifertwt »

Since I could not sleep last nigt I was thinking of what an actual groundhog (as in furry brown animal) episode might be like in Odyssey. We did listen to Groundhog Jay yesterday but that is just the time loop type thing. I came up with a storyline, but am not a good enough writer to fill in the details. So, here is the outline.........Odysseus, the official Odyssey weather prognosticator, is found to be missing from the Odyssey zoo the day before his yearly forecast. It is up to the Parker Jones Detective Agency to solve the case! There could be some fun had with "superstitions" and how we should not pay any attention to them, Jay could be the obvious suspect but of course not the real culprit, etc. I know, it sounds like a rehash of some scripts (Sounds Like a Mystery, The Owlnapping, etc) but I am not a very imaginative person. I am sure someone else can do a much better job.

Now, we need a super bowl episode as well. I say every year that FoF misses a great witnessing opportunity. They should come out with a sampler with a footbal episode and a salvation episode and sell them as give aways at church Super Bowl parties. Though controversial when I first started working for a church in the 90´s, they seem common place now. It is a great witnessing opportunity for people to invite their friends (teens) to church for a fun relaxing time. In my limited imagination, I see a What Are We Gonna Do ABout Halloween type thing being held at Whit´s End.............

Anyone else have any great ideas? or mediocre ones like the above?? \:D/
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

No ideas, but Eternal Birthday was also a groundhog day type format.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Jonathan wrote:No ideas, but Eternal Birthday was also a groundhog day type format.
We listened to that one too yesterday!

-- 03 Feb 2013 07:11 pm --

I laid down for a nap and was thinking there are several episodes that mention a Bible Bowl but was it ever a main feature of an episode? That could be an idea.........a Super Bible Bowl! or since many churches have a "Souper Bowl" on the same day, as in bring a canned good to church for either your local church´s food pantry or a major organization, Whit´s end could be a drop off point for donations maybe in conjunction with the Bible Super Bowl? okay, I am reaching here.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I seem to remember a bible bowl being a pretty big part of the show in The Case of the Candid Camera. Or if it wasn't a bible bowl it was something really similar.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

It was the Bible Bowl.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Jonathan wrote:I seem to remember a bible bowl being a pretty big part of the show in The Case of the Candid Camera. Or if it wasn't a bible bowl it was something really similar.
ah, that does not immediately come to mind. Have to listen to it today!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

"If the Bible Bowl was a man - I'd marry it!" \:D/

"Did I just say that out loud?" :anxious:

~Mandy Straussberg
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I think a Super Bowl Party AIO giveaway is a fantastic idea. I'd buy some and give them away.

We've had so many good sports themed episodes, but never a football episode. The closest was when Seth joined a football game with Nick in All Things to All People. Am I missing one? I think just a nice slice-of-life episode featuring a football player or game would be perfect. The lesson could be about sportsmanship, teamwork, or friendship.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Mrs Jason Whittaker wrote:I think a Super Bowl Party AIO giveaway is a fantastic idea. I'd buy some and give them away.

We've had so many good sports themed episodes, but never a football episode. The closest was when Seth joined a football game with Nick in All Things to All People. Am I missing one? I think just a nice slice-of-life episode featuring a football player or game would be perfect. The lesson could be about sportsmanship, teamwork, or friendship.
ah, I had forgotten about that one. One thing we learned in my previous job is that even adults like "prizes" even if they are kid oriented, so you would not have to limit an AIO giveaway to a jr high or high school age group super bowl party. they could be given at church fellowship parties or even an all adult home party. Superbowl is a good reason to have your non christian friends over for food and fun. When I have given samplers to adult friends, I just say "here is a sample episode of a radio drama I really like". I got my swedish husband hooked on it when I sent him homemade cassettes from my CD albums. In most episodes and albums Odyssey does a good job of balancing kid and adult interests. It is one of the many reasons it is so GREAT!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden