Odyssey Without Whit

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bren
Be positive!

Odyssey Without Whit

Post by Bren »

If Whit had to be written off the show, how would you react? If you wrote him off, how would you do it? Can the current Odyssey be what we've always loved without Whit? I could see Jason taking over Whit's End. There's really not any older characters that could take up that role and it be the show I've grown up with. If the parents have to start giving the advice, it'll be a lot like Down Gilead Lane, and that's just weird to me.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

My idea involved a mysterious arc in which Connie and Eugene investigate the cause of Whit's disappearance, and stumble across his greatest secret, which leads into my headcanon about Julie Whittaker-Blackgaard and Buck Oliver and all that jazz.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I think they did a nice job handling the sudden death of Hal Smith by bringing in Jason and Jack. So, if Jason does take over at Whit´s end which I would like, then they need to bring in an older "sage"....maybe someone who takes over the antique gallery. I think a 4th incarnation of Whit would be a hard pill to swallow.........Jason and Connie could get married (yes, I am an optimist) and settle in to run Whit´s End. Jason could go off on adventures every now and then (like Whit), Connie could have her adventures while he is gone (ala Mrs. Columbo, yes, some of you are way too young), and the new owner of the antique gallery could be the Old Sage. I do like Red so he could sort of take over Bernard´s story telling role. They really need another older couple though, since Tom and Joanne will be gone too. Maybe not a farmer, but some other short of shop owner, but a stable influence, sort of a town mother (swedish has a perfect word for it "husmor", house mother) since June Kendall is rarely around these days. Connie needs a female role model.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

jennifertwt wrote:(ala Mrs. Columbo, yes, some of you are way too young)
But her cooking tastes like sulfur!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I think there's more of a chance of Eugene being written off the show than Whit. Will is getting up in years. Andre as Whit, though, will be around for quite awhile.
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

the show was based on whit from F.P.. doing it with out him... i think (yes i know they did it but he was still there and we knew he would come back. at least i did)

but this new cast isnt at the level the other without cast was. its still young.. i mean if whit left in 21 and came back in 27. thats a lot of character development 20 plus albums..

but i agree with the above poster eugene might go first.. which is sad really. cause of how long he has been there. sad to think about so i refuse to think about this.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I think they would be more likely to try to replace Eugene than they are Tom and Bernard, etc, though.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

I would say yes as almost all of my favorite episodes do not even include White, IE Darkness beforedawn, questian about tasha, and best laid plans